• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Exploring Edgar Cayce with Sidney K. Kirkpatrick

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 4.07.32 PM.pngSidney D. Kirkpatrick is the Pulitzer Prize nominated best-selling author of seven books, which include A CAST OF KILLERS, HITLER’S HOLY RELICS, and EDGAR CAYCE: AN AMERICAN PROPHET. The only author to receive unrestricted access to the Edgar Cayce archives in Virginia Beach, Sidney and his wife Nancy have authored some thirty articles on "the Miracle Man of Virginia Beach" and been editors of Venture Inward, the official magazine of Edgar Cayce's Association for Research and Enlightenment.

A compelling and accomplished speaker, Kirkpatrick has lectured at the Smithsonian, the National Archives, UCLA, and Edgar Mitchell's Institute of Noetic Science. HBO, the History Channel, the Discovery Channel, A & E Television, NBC, and the BBC have all featured his work. Biographical profiles of Kirkpatrick have appeared in The New York Times, Time Magazine, The New Yorker, and Playboy. Visit his website and follow his newsletter at: cayceuniverse.com

PRODUCTION DATES -
THE PARACAST – Thursday August 20 | 3:00 PM Pacific
Your questions and comments for discussion are welcomed below

We're diving in deep on this one. Adjust blood pressure accordingly.
Along the way there might be some interesting anecdotes like ...

Ooh... very cool! Of all the stuff in my "I'm totally sure it's bunk but I'm fascinated anyway, " Cayce ranks very high on that list.

Years and years and years ago I'd occasionally hear Cayce's son, Hugh Lynn Cayce, on the Long John Nebel radio show. This is definitely an area we've seldom covered on The Paracast. I'm quite curious where it takes us.

At first I didn't know how I was going to get through this episode without my head exploding, but it turned out much better than I expected. I particularly liked how Sidney was open to alternative explanations for the sorts of experiences he has investigated. We also touched on some other interesting work of his that had nothing to do with psychic powers.

And we touch on a UFO connection in with him in After The Paracast. Then again, it would be interesting to hear what Randall sounds like when his head explodes.

I'm too late posting my questions but here they are anyway in case any one wants to discuss them:

1. Has Cayce's holistic medical thought been instrumental in forming the relatively new field of 'Integrative Medicine'?

2. Having spent many hours reading the archives of the Society for Psychical Research I'm aware of a number of historical cases reported there of physicians who have received ongoing contacts from post-mortem physicians who guided and improved their diagnoses and treatments of patients. Did Cayce also receive such communications from physicians on the other side?

At first I didn't know how I was going to get through this episode without my head exploding, but it turned out much better than I expected. I particularly liked how Sidney was open to alternative explanations for the sorts of experiences he has investigated. We also touched on some other interesting work of his that had nothing to do with psychic powers.

You guys did great!

Have not listen to the shows yet. Sounds open minded and once went to so called palm reader etc for information and completely crap as she was trying to gain info with forward loading . The real folks don't take money nor ever over use it.

Back