• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

EVP, Video, Opinions on Equipment.

T

Tommy Allison

Okay, here's a thought that I hadn't come up with until this evening after I moved a 200 lb tube tv up a long flight of stairs.

This old TV, is a 32 inch conventional tube TV, with no digital inputs, it's strictly coax, and RCA jacks.

Does anyone think that video EVP's are more likely to come from an old TUBE style TV, vs a plasma, or LCD tv?

Okay, here's a thought that I hadn't come up with until this evening after I moved a 200 lb tube tv up a long flight of stairs.

This old TV, is a 32 inch conventional tube TV, with no digital inputs, it's strictly coax, and RCA jacks.

Does anyone think that video EVP's are more likely to come from an old TUBE style TV, vs a plasma, or LCD tv?

that's an interesting questions, Tommy...I haven't really thought about that. I know that some people have heard strange voices, etc through their old stereos, but I've never had an experience with that, or a TV. Might be an good experiment!

Does EVP even exist? Now that's the question.

Bingo. Do Leprechauns have pots of gold? That's two assumptions in one question. Slow down, Ralph... :rolleyes:

Now, on a totally theoretical note and speaking only to the basic qualities of older versus newer consumer electronics and tube televisions, specifically...
(phew! Heckuva disclaimer) :

The older tube may well emit more measurable "junk" than a newer one, especially an LCD screen, which could be mostly digital and ought to emit a heck of a lot less noise. Sure, I can see that being the case. Whether you see it as EVP or not is another matter entirely.

Consider that if you open the back of that tube set and grab the "nipple" at the end of the tube, you may very likely die in a violent and rapid manner. The only part of the LCD that offers any danger at all is the power supply - minimal.

that's an interesting questions, Tommy...I haven't really thought about that. I know that some people have heard strange voices, etc through their old stereos, but I've never had an experience with that, or a TV. Might be an good experiment!

People have heard voices from their small guitar amps also only to find their amps was actually picking up the local radio station

People have heard voices from their small guitar amps also only to find their amps was actually picking up the local radio station

I picked up stuff from China/Japan (something like that, I didn't understand the language but it seemed to be Asian etc) it seems once. My amp was kinda big though.

I built the spiricom device. The tone generator with microphone, and speaker, and all the stuff associated.

So far, I've gotten nothing.

I've heard that before, but never experienced it. I have picked up truckers talking with a cordless phone, tho.

i have my PC/TV setup hooked to an amp that powers a pair of house shaking speakers, this way i have YouTube as the worlds largest jukebox including a chipmunk version of every song known to man..... but i digress

this will sometimes pick up whatever radio station the neighbour is playing on his radio. its at its worst if the karioke mic on long lead is plugged in, even with it switched off at the mic end.
i recall when i first noticed it "voices out of nowhere" it was a bit confusing

Back