• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Don't You Know This About Greer?

I listened to your interview this morning and really enjoyed it, Jeremy. Left me wanting more so it was a success in that respect too. (You ask great questions.)

I wasn't suggesting that a provocateur implanted anything. Greer may have had an experience in his youth. But your last post may be what he's experienced, his lie. Too easy to buy your own stuff, probably because we all like to feel comfortable and there's nothing particularly comforting in the phenomenon. I confess to having missed anything he said since the Disclosure Project though. I can't stand to listen to him, frankly. Maybe I should have said nothing about him in the first place since I avoid him. LOL

I agree that Whitley is the first to say he didn't know what was really happening to him. He hooked me there, though I'd read his horror novels. I also don't find any discomfort with his having written those books before the visitor events. I confess to having bought Communion having heard nothing about it prior to seeing on the bookstand. I saw the cover, picked it up and paid for it without reading a word. I only wondered later at the mechanical aspect of my purchase. Then I wondered why in Hell this great horror author was ruining his reputation. I think he was very brave and still do, even if he drives me nuts in his interviews. The man can write, but he's not a good interviewer at all.

Might as well ask here the question that spooks me still. While I was reading the book I had a very sore bump just above my ear, just like the one Whitely describes in Communion. Two of my very close friends had the same bump close to their ears and each of them healed within the week we read the book. So did that happen to anyone here too?

Although I'm not a fan of Gurdjieff's Work, it is, among other things, a study of what lies we tell ourselves. One has to look deeply inward to find not only the masks we wear, but the reasons for the mask. It's purported to free one of conventional thinking which can also free limits to the mind and imagination. Whitley was deeply involved in it before writing his horror books and I do believe he has broken barriers that most people will never broach. Some of us recognize that truth though we aren't going there for love nor money! But he's not done. I think he's just got a better grip on his reality now.

Thanks and that's well-said. I didn't develop a bump or anything while reading the book. The only strangeness around that book for me was that my dad told me he remembers buying it for me because I showed him the cover and said it looked familiar and needed to read it. I remember him buying it for me but didn't remember that and told him I don't think that happened. When I interviewed him for my flick I asked him about that, trying to get the story on tape but he had no memory of even having that conversation with me, so that was useless!

Gah, how the mind works.

Interesting. Maybe someone else will have a weird story concerning reading the book. Maybe the stories will be related. Or maybe I'm just too spooked by my experience. :redface:

I just watched the Disclosure Project on Google video for the first time in a while and have to say that it's a real shame what has happened with that initiative. True, some witnesses are more credible than others, but as a whole it is a very convincing press event.

Dr. Greer was very professional at the event and one can help wonder what it might have led to had things gone differently over the past several years (between both Dr. Greer's activities and various national and international events).

I'm increasingly led to suspect, as others have suggested, that someone or some organization has gotten to Greer.

-todd.

Back