• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Donations

Schuyler

Misanthrope
Gene & David,
Well, I figger it's about time to renew my subscription, but over the last year I've grown distrustful of PayPal. I not only have some problems with their policies, but I also have been the victim of credit card fraud. I'm not positive where the 'leak' happened, but one clear possibility is there. I'm not blaming them directly, but as a result I've grown ever more reluctant to proliferate my use of cards.
So, is there an alternative to donating via PayPal? Would you accept checks, for example?

Tx

Was the CC fraud in association with an Ebay transaction?

PayPal really are very good. If there was a problem I dont mind speculating that it was not from them. (that probably sounds pretty arrogant since I have no idea about the details, but PayPal is a company that trades ENTIRELY on their reputation and security measures)

While I can't rule it out entirely, it is highly unlikely that the fraud came from Paypal. Especially because when you pay with Paypal, you do not have to enter your credit card information (just to Paypal when you set it up).

Chances are your fraud came from some other purchase. Maybe online where you had to enter your credit card number, or even from thrown away receipts or statements.

You guys are probably right. Thanks. As a result of what happened, I've reduced my real on-line presence drastically over the last few months. It's too late for me to be invisible, but I have a lot lower profile than I did a year ago.

But I need an alternative. They are very picky about who they do business with, and if they don't like your business, they won't handle your transactions. This has nothing to do with financials or legality. This has to do with PayPal in effect boycotting businesses I want to do business with.

I don't care for this social-engineering, political slant to their business dealings and do not want to support them as a result. I know my piddly amount of potential transactions doesn't amount to to a blip on their radar scope, but you gotta take a stand somewhere.

Thanks, though. I appreciate you responding. :)

Back