• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Don Ecker

Brian Now

Paranormal Pimp
Hi everyone,

I would have written this under the thread already started with Don Ecker in the title, but that thread seems to be about something else.

Great show! This guy was so matter-of-fact. He was funny too...I loved the way he described the media as "whores". That was hillllarioussss.

Judging from the general tone of his conversation however, I could imagine that he was actually part of the "in fighting" he was talking about. But anyway, the field can use some more level-headed people like this guy.

I never even knew Don existed but I miss him already :(

Brian Now said:
Hi everyone,

I would have written this under the thread already started with Don Ecker in the title, but that thread seems to be about something else.

Great show! This guy was so matter-of-fact. He was funny too...I loved the way he described the media as "whores". That was hillllarioussss.

Judging from the general tone of his conversation however, I could imagine that he was actually part of the "in fighting" he was talking about. But anyway, the field can use some more level-headed people like this guy.

I never even knew Don existed but I miss him already :(

Don never really was a major part of in-fighting that I can recall. I'm sure someone could dig up something, but over all I wouldn't say he fit that bill. Most other researchers left him alone and/or respected him. Might be because he's a hard azz and would make their life hell if they messed with him. He went after debunkers, the government, and mainstream quite a bit though.

I loved that show. It's always good to hear someone with the cojones to call people out on their scandalous behavior. Don Ecker just joined Jeff Ritzmann as my favorite guests so far on the Paracast.

It was an entertaining show .. . sort of a slam-fest though. Isn't slamming known charlatans a bit like shooting fish in a barrel?

I also didn't understand his bafflement at Art Bell not rejecting a guest simply because he and his cohort informed Art that the guy was a fraud. I imagine that Art gets several calls negative about EVERY guest he has on. I have to wonder why he was willing to inform Art that his guest was a fraud (I don't recall which individual it was off the top of my head) but he was UNWILLING to debate the guest on the air. Kinda weak IMO. If you have the goods to back up your claim why not debate?

I know, I know, because he "wouldn't dignify" the guests claim by debating.

That just doesn't fly. It's like me saying:

"So-and-so is a known fraud, I can prove it!"

"So prove it, come debate them"

"No . . . that's ok, I wouldn't dignify that individual by debating them"

Say what???

-DBTrek

Great show!

Loved the point about 'staking out the middle ground'. It's the most open-minded but practical approach to the paranormal, and it's where I am.

I LOLed when David asked about Alfred. I thought I was the only one that didn't get the guy. He's always been kind to me though.

I was glad Clifford Stone was mentioned. He gets nothing but praise it seems, and I've never been impressed with the guy at all. It was nice to hear I wasn't alone.

Did Don know about Jim's connection with the show?

Michael Shermer didn't even read the book? He knows that he doesn't know a lot on a subject, yet goes on tv and talks about it anyway? Not surprised. I've never been a fan of his. I'm surprised that even he had the nerve to ask Don to go easy on him though. Unless it was just a joke. It reminds me of Joe Knickel giving Art Bell a pseudo-scientific award even though Joe admitted NEVER listening to a single show of Art's. The award is fitting, but Joe just made a lucky guess.

Don is a great guy, and I'm certainly going to miss him in the field. He's right of course about so many aspects of the field, it half makes me wanna walk away too.

Back