• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dog performs Heimlich maneuver on owner

That was quite bizarre. I may have to rethink my dislike of dogs (love beagles, don't care for other breeds).
:)

interestedINitall said:
That was quite bizarre. I may have to rethink my dislike of dogs (love beagles, don't care for other breeds).
:)

Dogs are great. Most anyway. You a cat person? They make me sneeze. I wish they didn't though.

A.LeClair said:
Dogs are great. Most anyway. You a cat person? They make me sneeze. I wish they didn't though.

Yes, I do prefer cats. Better lines. Doesn't that just sound awful? It does, I know.
But really, I don't like the neediness of dogs and I can't stand the way large dogs often slobber on everything and are frequently hyperactive.

I had a German Shepard when I was a child and after that a cat. I have to say that if I were to get a pet nowadays it would be a cat.

interestedINitall said:
Yes, I do prefer cats. Better lines. Doesn't that just sound awful? It does, I know.
But really, I don't like the neediness of dogs and I can't stand the way large dogs often slobber on everything and are frequently hyperactive.

I had a German Shepard when I was a child and after that a cat. I have to say that if I were to get a pet nowadays it would be a cat.

Better lines? Don't know what you mean.

Yeh big dogs often slober. Small dogs don't. I'm generally an animal lover, so no dog better than cat arguments here really. Well, I'll throw out a jab and say cat's are stuck up lol.

A.LeClair said:
Better lines? Don't know what you mean.
Well, I'll throw out a jab and say cat's are stuck up lol.

That's what I like about them! ;)

I meant "better lines" in that a cat looks better perched on the curve of a settee, stepping lithely around a collection of bronzes, etc.

Don't get me wrong - I don't consider animals to be disposable accessories. I despise that whole "toy dog" craze wherein anorexic girls tote those poor asthmatic dogs around simply because everyone else is doing it and when it becomes too much trouble to care for, off to the pound it goes.

No, I think if you're going to have a pet you should love it, care for it and all that. That said, a modicum of consideration should be given to how well it fits the décor.

NOTE: Dyeing an animal or bizarre breeding (legs so short it's difficult for the animal to get around, etc.) is not okay - at least I don't think so.

i have a totally blind cat that is far from stuck up. she is also very talented in that she has caught a fly and a mouse recently. she plays fetch with me everyday. she cant kick the snot out of my other cat that is twice her size. she come to work with me everyday.

pixelsmith said:
my cat is very good at the Hindlick maneuver.

Good one.

Reminds me of Gallagher. He complains how his cat won't eat the food he gives it but goes off in the corner and licks his butt. They need to make butt flavored cat food he suggest.

A.LeClair said:
Good one.

Reminds me of Gallagher. He complains how his cat won't eat the food he gives it but goes off in the corner and licks his butt. They need to make butt flavored cat food he suggest.

Ha!

My Siamese cat would only eat lightly braised, diced chicken breast. I'd try to deny him but - have you ever heard a Siamese's meow?

Oy!

Back