• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Discovery Channel "Buddha Boy"

Free episodes:

All I can say is that this is bullshit. No one can live without food or water for an indefinite time. Physiologically it is impossible. The cells in your body require nutrients and water and no human is exempt. Thanks for sharing the story, although I did hear about it before, and no offense, but this is just bunk.

BTW, did you read that between 5pm and 5am he is not allowed to be seen?? They put up some screen so that he won't be seen. Apparently the Discovery crew were not entirely honest during the filming. They also did apparently mention this quickly in the documentary (although I've never seen it personally) Their film is allegedly only from the daytime, although they said they recorded 96 straight hours, .... . . minus the night time hours of course.

Maybe the kid just wanted to raise awareness for animal sacrifice as I've read. And maybe he never, himself, said any of the things about not eating or drinking. I don't know, but there is enough documentation to know that he wasn't seen at night which HAS to make you question the no eating and drinking thing. Still to sit for 12 hours is a feat in itself, but .. .. .not Buddha reincarnated.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Buddha_Boy

And sorry to slam on your very first post. I should say welcome to the forums. Nothing personal, I just don't buy the story as it is laid out.

Back