• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Disable e-mail notifications?

Stillborn

Skilled Investigator
Since creating this account, I've been receiving e-mails everytime someone posts to certain threads. Anyone know how to disable this? I've looked 3 times in the control panel and haven't found out how yet. Thanks.

Since creating this account, I've been receiving e-mails everytime someone posts to certain threads. Anyone know how to disable this? I've looked 3 times in the control panel and haven't found out how yet. Thanks.
Sure

Just go to you User CP.

Select Edit Options and look for:

Default Thread Subscription Mode

That's where you make your selection from the drop-down menu as to how you'll be notified about new posts.

I get email notices about everything, by the way. I read most of your posts in my mailbox. :D

Sure

Just go to you User CP.

Select Edit Options and look for:

Default Thread Subscription Mode

That's where you make your selection from the drop-down menu as to how you'll be notified about new posts.

I get email notices about everything, by the way. I read most of your posts in my mailbox. :D

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

I read via the site and click on the new post link. I get loads of spam at my hotmail account and rarely visit it unfortunately.

Gene are you subscribed to every single thread by default, regardless of whether you started them or post in them?

If so, thats insane! Like your own personal forum in your inbox.

Gene are you subscribed to every single thread by default, regardless of whether you started them or post in them?

If so, thats insane! Like your own personal forum in your inbox.
With an administrator account, it's just a single checkbox to get email notifications of all posts. It makes it easier for me to keep tabs on all the messages we get without having to constantly connect to the forum. It's also an acquired taste, and not everyone else in our tiny crew prefers it that way. :)

With an administrator account, it's just a single checkbox to get email notifications of all posts. It makes it easier for me to keep tabs on all the messages we get without having to constantly connect to the forum. It's also an acquired taste, and not everyone else in our tiny crew prefers it that way. :)

Gene doesn't read everything he gets lol. Makes it easier.

I'm still getting e-mail notifications Gene. I selected the "no e-mail" option on the default subscribe thread option.

If you want to have a look around, my password is the same as my other account. If you forgot it, I'll PM you it if you want.

I'm still getting e-mail notifications Gene. I selected the "no e-mail" option on the default subscribe thread option.

If you want to have a look around, my password is the same as my other account. If you forgot it, I'll PM you it if you want.
You also have to do that with your existing subscriptions, not just new ones.

Back