• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

David's Podcast

Free episodes:

Noanswers

Skilled Investigator
David, you mentioned your podcast that leans more towards the political on last night's show. Where would one find it? I searched a bit, couldn't find anything and thought I'd go to the source.
Thanks-

I havent listened in a couple months, but Im listening to the current ep now. The lizard guy? The dude with the red hair that refuses to answer questions? (well Im sure thats in the job description)

lol

Thanks! I had this question as well.

Sorry if I'm missing something but, is there a simple way to get these as podcast, or d/l and save...?

Thanks! I had this question as well.

Sorry if I'm missing something but, is there a simple way to get these as podcast, or d/l and save...?

Well, if you've got a Mac, you download the free flip4mac codec, install it, and you can then play the AH right on the page. Or, you can Control-click (Mac) or Right-Click (Windows) the individual WMV files, and open then in your respective media players. Sorry, there's no iTunes page, it's out of my hands.

dB

Cool, checking it out now, trying to figure out how to get it on my ipod. can't get the file saved.

glenn

Im addicted to this thing. I listened to an episode a few months back and thought it was cool, but lost interest. However this week Ive listened to the 2 latest shows where David goes off about Palin and its just gold. Im recommending to my friends.

Angry Human can be captured and added to an iPod with enough effort and some free third-party software. In fact, I have never encountered any web-based audio for which that is not true. David, would you like me to post instructions, or would you prefer that I do not?

marmer,

Please feel free to chime in with instructions.

It's my understanding that the Rockland World Radio folks are gonna be putting these shows up on some podcast broadcaster site later this week, I'll share details when I have them. Thanks to all for listening!

dB

OK, to do this on a Mac, you need the Flip4Mac WM components, Firefox, and MPEG Streamclip.

Go to the Angry Human page and select "play" on the episode you want to hear. Look at the URL that appears in the pop-up player window, and copy the part of it that looks like a web address.

Paste that into a Firefox address field with http:// substituted for the other code. Your result should be a blank window in which the streaming audio will load.

Wait for it to load completely, which will take a while, then select the triangle on the right of the playback bar and select "Save As Source"

Use MPEG Streamclip to turn the resulting Quicktime file into a m4p file. You have to do this in order for it to play on an iPod.

Add that file to your iTunes library. Use the "Re-add as podcast" script from Doug's Scripts if you want it to be a podcast.

I clicked on the 9/25 podcast and the music it played right away sounded like this.....

Ha.

I'll give it a listen. I did listen to a few of them and I thought it was interesting. Nobody will agree on politics all the time, but at David has it right in he is at least ANGRY because we all should be angry at the political situation not only in the US, but the whole world.

I clicked on the 9/25 podcast and the music it played right away sounded like this.....

Man that was some funky shit, I actually really like how that sounded.

I was able to listen to some of the angry human show the other day and enjoyed it. I like how David promotes being 'proactive' in engaging political leaders rather than just sitting back and complaining to the wall. I know from experience that reaching out to your local congress person can actually result in something being done.

I could envision Angry Human being the late night AM show that all the cab drivers listen to. In DC, whenever I get into a cab at night the driver is listening to some NPR or AM political talk show like Angry Human which always makes for some great conversations. Funny how a lot of the cab drivers around here are some of the most politically astute, probably because they are immigrants who really value the opportunities of this country and have a greater appreciation for democracy than the average tv dinner american idol watching complacent sleepwalker.

Back