• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Culture of Contact

Goody

Sailor Of Mind & Time
It's a shame that I couldn't make it to such a fantastic gathering as this one.

Here is the introductory 'press conference' that got it all going. :)

Enjoy, & as always; your opinions are appreciated.

Goody.

mpfNUOkJD4g

Goody said:
It's a shame that I couldn't make it to such a fantastic gathering as this one.

Here is the introductory 'press conference' that got it all going. :)

Enjoy, & as always; your opinions are appreciated.

Goody.

Jeremy posted this on the thread with his name I believe. I think some comments have already started there about it.

I don't know who they're trying to con, but the guy on the right is clearly Spike Lee.;)

Substantively, it's more ridiculous to assume the kids were gang-abducted with no memory than that they shared a dream? And it's said with the same absolute certainty that one would note the sun rises in the east. But one's clearly a logical leap and the other's a fact, and that distinction tends to be confused far too often in matters such as this. It is certainly no less logical--and, from my perspective, far more logical--to think a group of kids shared a dream than to assume they were all abducted by aliens and had their memories erased only to be "recovered" by a hypnotist.

How the hell do you "share" a dream? Wouldn't that imply psychic phenomena are real? So are you saying psychic energies are more plausable than UFOs and aliens? Both seem equally wobbly to me.

CapnG wrote...
How the hell do you "share" a dream? Wouldn't that imply psychic phenomena are real? So are you saying psychic energies are more plausable than UFOs and aliens? Both seem equally wobbly to me.
That's what I said! I was noting the dismissal of that as an explanation in favor of the equally or more implausible alien abduction.

Jersey John said:
CapnG wrote...That's what I said! I was noting the dismissal of that as an explanation in favor of the equally or more implausible alien abduction.

Sorry, they are not of equal value. A group of 15 or so kids and 2 adult councilors climbed a mountain. A ship descended and came toward them. It was so close they could feel its vibration. They ran. They then had missing time and forgot the rest. That fits in juuuuust a bit better with the highly improbable abduction accounts than the "shared dream" suggestion made by one of the kids. This happened to the guy in the 60's. That's left him plenty of time to mull it over and figure out that he didn't actually experience what he experienced, he had a dream. It usually takes me just waking up in the morning to figure out I was dreaming so it's hard for me to think an otherwise sane man could not figure it out in 40 years.

Unfortunately to embrace this you must admit that such things as abductions happen. That might make you feel like an idiot if your idiot friends laugh at you but you'll get over it.

Also, that wasn't Spike Lee. It was Sammy Davis, Jr. He's back. And he's more docile than ever.

valiens said:
It usually takes me just waking up in the morning to figure out I was dreaming so it's hard for me to think an otherwise sane man could not figure it out in 40 years.

Of course, one could argue that 40 years is long enough for someone to convince themselves something happened a certain way, or at least enough time to get really fuzzy on the facts. We'll never know what the other people involved in this event would have to say about it.

Back