• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Coming Out of My Closet

diny

Paranormally Abled
This is scary. I don't talk to too many people about these things. There are a lot of doubters. Of course, there are a lot of people who believe or even know through their own experiences that many things are possible. But I'm already exhausted. I'm always trying to figure it out and maybe fix it (the supernatural isn't all it's cracked up to be).

I posted in the general chat forum with the thread title "Some Thoughts". If anyone wants to comment, I would be appreciative. I really need to get things off my chest and find some people I feel comfortable talking to. All I can say right now is that strange stuff is normal. Anything is actually possible. Some of us share similar experiences but others have different things happen. There is no good way to explain everything.

It is involved. I have learned some things, though. And I have some theories. If I have information that would help anyone else, I will be happy to do so. In doing so, I will be able to share some of my own experiences. The main thing, to me, would be people who have never encountered anything odd before. You might be very confused or frightened. I have lived in a "spiritual crises" for over ten years. I had things happen before then but didn't recognize them for what they were. Now my life is about discovering the truth. I kind of have my own personal x-files going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
So your not gay...

Not that there's anything wrong with that! :D

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

tyder001 said:
Not that there's anything wrong with that! :D

Seriously, I hope you can come back and "vent" some. This is a "safe" place but you will need a "thick" skin. However, nobody can touch you or harm you so you are free to talk. Somtimes it can help.

So your not gay...

And just to be clear.... are you?

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

This is scary. I don't talk to too many people about these things. There are a lot of doubters. Of course, there are a lot of people who believe or even know through their own experiences that many things are possible. But I'm already exhausted. I'm always trying to figure it out and maybe fix it (the supernatural isn't all it's cracked up to be). I posted in the general chat forum with the thread title "Some Thoughts". If anyone wants to comment, I would be appreciative. I really need to get things off my chest and find some people I feel comfortable talking to. All I can say right now is that strange stuff is normal. Anything is actually possible. Some of us share similar experiences but others have different things happen. There is no good way to explain everything. It is involved. I have learned some things, though. And I have some theories. If I have information that would help anyone else, I will be happy to do so. In doing so, I will be able to share some of my own experiences. The main thing, to me, would be people who have never encountered anything odd before. You might be very confused or frightened. I have lived in a "spiritual crises" for over ten years. I had things happen before then but didn't recognize them for what they were. Now my life is about discovering the truth. I kind of have my own personal x-files going on.

Yack away brother! We is here to hep make it better. Of course... better is relative and let me tell you that my relatives ain't worth shit! Well I take that back. Only SOME of my relatives ain't worth shit. Screw the rest of 'em I say. I! I! I!. Me! Me! Me! It's always about me! Damn right it is. Be proud! Be loud!

This is scary. I don't talk to too many people about these things. There are a lot of doubters. .

There are always doubters....I used to keep very quiet about what I see and have seen. Now I am happy to talk about it. I KNOW what I see and what I have seen...(by the way, ghosts are my thing....that is what I see, hear, feel.....).....I always say that there is so much that we do not know about or understand. "Take me for who Iam or not at all....I really don't give a s**t". ....favourite phrase thing of mine. If you ever want to talk about anything "paranormal"....want an impartial and non judgemental ear, give me a shout..... :)

Just to be clear, I am a gay man.

I was thinking more along the lines of alcoholic, and just to be clear I'm an alcoholic, sobriety date January 5th, 1997. But if you want to explain on your experience and don't mind a little friendly kidding, when needed, please do so. I would love to hear what went on. No sense keeping entire skeletons in the closet when the skulls, used as decorative ashtrays, make such fascinating conversation pieces.

Keith (In the Good News/Bad News Department: Just got upgraded to Business on this flight. Seated next to a Jehovah's Witness.)

There are always doubters....I used to keep very quiet about what I see and have seen. Now I am happy to talk about it. I KNOW what I see and what I have seen...(by the way, ghosts are my thing....that is what I see, hear, feel.....).....I always say that there is so much that we do not know about or understand. "Take me for who Iam or not at all....I really don't give a s**t". ....favourite phrase thing of mine. If you ever want to talk about anything "paranormal"....want an impartial and non judgemental ear, give me a shout..... :)

We know so little about the universe around us, there are going to be things we don't understand for a very long time ... if ever. So it makes sense that things will happen around us that we can't understand, or we'll see things that will make our jaws drop to the ground and run away screaming.

If other people (and remember friends what Jean Paul Satre says about "other people" ... :D) don't understand this then they are either morons, or fools ... or foolish morons ... or moronish fools ... moolish forons??? Nahh bit too far.

Annnyway ... if you do see things the chances are you're not mad, you're just seeing a part of nature that we don't understand ... yet. Or you may be tuned in to something most of us can't see ... like a radio tuning into a particular radio station. It doesn't make you mad. It makes you different, even unique.

Now seeing mad people though ... thats a really unique gift. I turn on my tv every day ... et voila :D

[Now ... MVoltage ... whats this I hear about you giving yourself a "thanks" ... ahem ... :eek::D]

We know so little about the universe around us, there are going to be things we don't understand for a very long time ... if ever. So it makes sense that things will happen around us that we can't understand, or we'll see things that will make our jaws drop to the ground and run away screaming.

Annnyway ... if you do see things the chances are you're not mad, you're just seeing a part of nature that we don't understand ... yet. Or you may be tuned in to something most of us can't see ... like a radio tuning into a particular radio station. It doesn't make you mad. It makes you different, even unique.

Now seeing mad people though ... thats a really unique gift. I turn on my tv every day ... et voila :D

[Now ... MVoltage ... whats this I hear about you giving yourself a "thanks" ... ahem ... :eek::D]

Sorry...couldn't resist.....just discovered that I could thank myself! But what you say paraschtick, my slightly older friend, is true...seeing the things we do does not make us mad, just different or unique....and there will be things that we will never understand....:confused:

If other people (and remember friends what Jean Paul Satre says about "other people" ... ) don't understand this then they are either morons, or fools ... or foolish morons ... or moronish fools ... moolish forons??? Nahh bit too far.

Bit if the scientist says, "I need empirical evidence" this doesn't make him "stupid". As well.

Bit if the scientist says, "I need empirical evidence" this doesn't make him "stupid". As well.

No it doesn't but a scientist shouldn't be so arrogant (or dogmatic ... woof :D ... sorry couldn't resist) as to claim he/she knows everything when in fact we know so little about the natural world ... cos some do, and I believe this limits their understanding and avenues of possible research.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Sorry...couldn't resist.....just discovered that I could thank myself! But what you say paraschtick, my slightly older friend, is true...seeing the things we do does not make us mad, just different or unique....and there will be things that we will never understand....:confused:

Thats ok ... just don't do it again otherwise I'll tell :D. But as you say there may be things we may never understand (not of course necessarily believing that we need some sort of spiritual/religious bent to understand these things we may never understand ... uh-oh its starting to go all Rumsfeldy on me now :D) but until we understand them how will we know?? ... hehe.

And anyway, if I'm right, our (current, mainstream) physics at the moment ... you know the super-string theories and m-brane theories that require umpteen dimensions etc etc etc for the universe to work is wrong ... so it may take us a while yet to get things straightened out so we can understand more some of those things that we don't understand.

[Why is it wrong, you ask?? Well apparently a certain scientist called Heaviside "simplified" Maxwell's equations on Electromagnetism throwing out a lot of stuff that may indeed be needed for a fuller explanation of electromagnetic effects seen in physics ...]

Think I need another coffee after that now :D

What i remember from physics and maths was the oh so convenient way that numbers, plus or minus signs, etc...were omitted from theory just to make something work......I always thought it a bit of a con....try solving the equations with them in their entirity.....

What i remember from physics and maths was the oh so convenient way that numbers, plus or minus signs, etc...were omitted from theory just to make something work......I always thought it a bit of a con....try solving the equations with them in their entirity.....

When I was studying (bit of a misnomer that really ... never was a particularly good student really :D) Astronomy, we were told to assume things. A lot of things. This was so we could do supposedly quick calculations on an envelope or whatever. I always thought ... hang on ... but ... you can't do assumptions when it comes to mathematics ... that buggers everything up.

So ... hmmm ... I still have a lot of problems with maths and physics ... especially like I have said with all that string theory stuff. Case in point: planets rotate, suns rotate, galaxies rotate, electrons "spin" and rotate around atoms ... we have eddies in rivers ... etc etc etc ... and we have to believe that everything in the end comes down to really small "strings" that vibrate. Really!!!

Think something be wrong somewhere.

{And don't get me started on Zero Factorial being 1!! :D ie 0! = 1 ... that apparently is an ... ahem ... "assumption"!!}

This is scary. I don't talk to too many people about these things. There are a lot of doubters. Of course, there are a lot of people who believe or even know through their own experiences that many things are possible. But I'm already exhausted. I'm always trying to figure it out and maybe fix it (the supernatural isn't all it's cracked up to be). I posted in the general chat forum with the thread title "Some Thoughts". If anyone wants to comment, I would be appreciative. I really need to get things off my chest and find some people I feel comfortable talking to. All I can say right now is that strange stuff is normal. Anything is actually possible. Some of us share similar experiences but others have different things happen. There is no good way to explain everything. It is involved. I have learned some things, though. And I have some theories. If I have information that would help anyone else, I will be happy to do so. In doing so, I will be able to share some of my own experiences. The main thing, to me, would be people who have never encountered anything odd before. You might be very confused or frightened. I have lived in a "spiritual crises" for over ten years. I had things happen before then but didn't recognize them for what they were. Now my life is about discovering the truth. I kind of have my own personal x-files going on.

what happened??

Please note:

Definitions of the word "empirical" from Answers.com:

1. Relying on or derived from observation or experiment: empirical results that supported the hypothesis.
    2. Verifiable or provable by means of observation or experiment: empirical laws.
  1. Guided by practical experience and not theory, especially in medicine.

Would anyone agree that most instances of modern use of the term "empirical evidence" appear to be going with definition 1.2.. Such instances of usage appear to attempt to completely deny some possibilities of definition 1.1., which seems to comfortably cover the concept of subjective research.

All views welcome.

I see that this post is from 2010. I hope you come back to check your replies every now and then. I have a very strange life. It has caused me to look at all of the possibilities and to figure some things out. I don't have all of the answers but I have learned many things.

Back