• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Chris Rutkowski and Canada's 2013 UFO Flap

Free episodes:

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Do you think UFO sightings are at a low ebb? Not so, and not widely publicized outside of Canada is the fact that there was a wave of UFO sightings in that country in 2013.

So we've asked investigator Chris Rutkowski to come on The Paracast and cover the key cases and his latest research into the subject.

You'll also want to check this article on the UFO wave:

UFO sightings soar to new heights in Canada - Manitoba - CBC News

Rescheduled: We'll be recording this segment on Wednesday, April 2, at 11 AM Mountain Time.

Chris, I understand that only a fraction of sightings become UFO reports. How can you encourage more good reports to be turned in without also boosting the uninteresting ones?

How do you think the media portrayal of UFOs affects the way the public reacts to seeing something?

-Why are a large percentage of the sightings happening over Ontario? Are there other occurrences in that area? Unexplained creatures or events? Could this be a recently developed portal?
-Have many sightings been reported by the ever growing Native American population in Canada? I think a few years ago that number hit over a million for the first time. I’m asking this because I believe the actual number of sightings could be even greater than thought. Native Americans are often reluctant to talk to outsiders and they live in some of the most remote areas.

Here's a question asked by Rich Reynolds at the blog The UFO Iconoclast(s): UFOs and the Rabble
"...who in the UFO world is qualified to determine if ufological nonsense has validity or not?
Take the re-constituted Roswell Dream Team for instance. Does the one lone objective partner – Chris Rutkowski – have enough clout – mental and otherwise – to thwart the faith-obsessed mind-sets of his team colleagues; that is, can Mr. Rutkowski stem the belief fervor of Dream Team members when their faith in the ET hypothesis takes hold based upon very circumscribed evidence?"

1) as a Canadian investigator what are your thoughts on Oberg's debunking of the classic December 1996 Yukon mother ship sighting? Do you think there's any merit to his claim that witnesses were actually seeing the second stage re-entry of the Cosmos 2335 rocket?

2) the 1967 Falcon Lake Michalak case has always fascinated me because of the detailed story Stefan Michalak tells and the corroborating detailed burn pattern on his clothes and body from a ufo's exhaust port. As someone who has investigated this story just how important do you feel this case is in the annals of Ufology and why?

3) the other great Canadian case has to be Newfoundland's Shag Harbour incident in 1967. What are your thoughts about what happened there and is there any evidence suggesting an underwater retrieval of a strange craft entering the water?

Which case reported in Canada in 2013, stood out to you as the one case that gets us closer to understanding the UFO mystery? What percentage of those reports collected do you feel are credible? What is the best case of 2014 in Canada, that has been acquired to date?

Is there a pattern to the 2013 sightings? Where are the main sightings in Ontario,(i.e.) near nuclear plants, military bases, or particular villages, or in the more remote north? In British Colombia are there particular mountains where there is a lot of strange sightings being reported? Are most sightings late at night and very early in the morning?

Back