• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Chicken Eating Tarantula Discovered

((((((((SHUDDER)))))))) Thanks for posting!

An odd question that I hope someone knows the answer to. I had a pet pygmy hedgehog once that ate spiders and bugs. I've always wondered; if Max (my hedgie) was next to a tarantula, which is as big as he was, would Max realize that and skip the chance at a meal, or would Max just see a spider and go for it despite the spider being HUGE?

How interesting.:) Though I never let my dog eat any kind of insect.I make sure that my pets are eating whatever is safe.

Mermaidgirl12 said:
How interesting.:) Though I never let my dog eat any kind of insect.I make sure that my pets are eating whatever is safe.

Heh! I'm glad you can stop your dog. I once had one that would lap up a bug whenever he saw it. That tongue was so fast I could never stop him in time! Then again, bassets aren't the smartest dogs in the world. Or at least mine wasn't. :)

why would you stop a dog from eating a bug? bug are very nutritious. bugs are a daily part of the diet for a great share of humans on this planet.

pixelsmith said:
why would you stop a dog from eating a bug? bug are very nutritious. bugs are a daily part of the diet for a great share of humans on this planet.

But some bugs can be harmful.........

i think a dog or cat could eat any bug except for maybe tarantulas, black widows, or brown recluse spiders.

i had a dog that would catch yellow jackets in the air and eat them. she would get stung many times but she kept on catching them. 20 in about an hour on average.

Back