• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Canadian Defense Minister is COMING OUT!

Tom Levine

Skilled Investigator
Hey, are there any Canadians on this forum that might want to comment on this story:

UFO science key to halting climate change: former Canadian defense minister

In a nutshell, this is a former Canadian Defense Minister who served his country in the early 1960's. He's coming out. He says he's seen a UFO himself personally, and he's calling upon all governments globally to disclose what they know about alien technology, as it could be our last, only hope to solve the global warming crisis, and stay off doing ourselves in. The story hit the AFP, so it's making news wires around the globe right now.

Anyway, who is this guy? What do the Canadians think about him? Does his statement have any impact on Canada, or on the rest of the world? Is he, or was he, ever in a position to know about anything concrete? Or, is this just an old lion-hearted senior citizen spouting off because maybe he forgot his meds or ate too much sugar this morning?

Is this story anything worth paying attention to?

I think I speak for most of the people in Canada when I say almost nobody knows who this guy is (or was) or cares to know. We've got enough to concern ourselves about with the current political crop without worrying about relics like Hellyier.

Paul Kimball has a pretty thorough breakdown of this guy's history. He's a B-list political figure at BEST.

Again, thanks for the links and the insight into Hellyer.

And, thanks to Paul Kimball's blog, I took a peak at this interview on Tucker Carlson MSNBC

I found it quite insightful.

First, I don't have a problem with the concept of demanding disclosure of the United States government on the subject of UFO reality. I think, of course, that this is a very good idea. The original Greer disclosure project aimed to do just that. It's too bad that Greer ended up focusing on quackery in recent times where he has ultimately, in my opinion, discredited himself. As a result of that, I think the whole disclosure movement has been slowed down, demoralized, and discredited to the point of nulling practically everything achieved from Greer's original conference back in 2001. That said, it seems that Hellyers' primary intent, at least based on this interview with Carlson, is to aid in the push to make that happen. That's fine. We're all probably on the same page as far as wanting disclosure.

But here's where it hurts: Hellyer concedes, in this interview anyway, that he received absolutely zero confidential information while serving his term as Canadian MInister of Defence, in 1963. He admits that all the information he is basing his conclusions on, are from his research over the last 2 to 3 years, and for the most part, he bases his entire understanding of the UFO reality on Corso's book. In other words, I think he said that he believes the United States is building a base on the moon to shoot down aliens. Why? Well, because P. Corso said it was so.

Now, this isn't a Corso-bashing here. I'm not saying Corso is telling the truth or telling lies. It doesn't matter. Hellyer, based on this recent press release, continues to come out as a serious public figure who is "in the know" about UFOs and now, global warming. Well, he's not, in fact, in the know. He's right where you and I are in this thing. That means, like the rest of us, he's merely speculating.

So, in truth, he is hurting the cause, not helping it. He is out in the public eye speaking from a position of speculation, and not from a position of knowledge or evidence.

I'll quote from the recent press release: "...Some of us suspect they know quite a lot, and it might be enough to save our planet if applied quickly enough..."

Well Why? Why does he suspect this, as former Canadian Minister of Defence? Because he read it in Corso's book? Essentially, that's what this all boils down to.

So, I agree with his hope to have light shed on the subject, and to push the US Government to disclose. But, Hellyer is a horrible spokesperson for that cause. He adds nothing as a spokesperson. He does nothing to aid in the cause he is fighting for, beyond continuing to create a circus-like image on the whole subject.

Thanks a lot, Hellyer.

That has to be the worst "news article" I've ever read. Barely coherent 8th grade english, peppered with a host of badly interwoven concepts, all under the umbrella of a refuting of global warming (taking Rush Limbaugh as a reference?!).

This guy needs to pick a topic.

CapnG said:
That has to be the worst "news article" I've ever read. Barely coherent 8th grade english, peppered with a host of badly interwoven concepts, all under the umbrella of a refuting of global warming (taking Rush Limbaugh as a reference?!).

This guy needs to pick a topic.

I feel I should point out that I meant new as in time, not new as in news.

I thought that my reading skills had plummeted, or that my mind must have wondered. I too didn't follow it.

A.LeClair said:
I feel I should point out that I meant new as in time, not new as in news.

I was being faciscious, not quoting you ;)

A.LeClair said:
I thought that my reading skills had plummeted, or that my mind must have wondered. I too didn't follow it.

Nope, it's just horribly written.

Levine nailed Hellyer. Thanks. Hellyer got into this as a fairly old man. Hid Defence Minister days were several decade ago. His claim to fame seems to be the consolidation of the Canadian Armed Forces. At least some Canadian I've heard say that he "destroyed" the Canadian armed forces by this move. His latest quites about UFOs, I suspect, are disingenuous at best. he doesn't know.

Back