• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Book Club?

Noanswers

Skilled Investigator
Would anyone be interested in conducting some sort of Paracast book club?
Let the soccer moms deal w/ the Oprah books, we'll dig into some of the paranormal and UFO stuff out there.
I was thinking of taking a week to decide on a title, and doing couple of chapters a week.
It might be a great way to dig into more specific ideas proposed by some authors, or it might just be a dumb idea on my part.
I suppose all we would really need is two of us to hash it out.
If anyone is game, let me know.

I think that is a great idea, because then you will have a discussion base with a similar frame of reference, making their opinions more universal to the group.

I am definitely in.

Thanks for the reply, turblom79. You put my idea far more clearly than I did. Focusing on the same chapter(s) will allow us to really break down some of the ideas or claims these people are putting forward.
I'm back into a J Vallee kick, but lets give it a week and see if we have any other takers and listen to ideas.
Any authors or titles jump out at you?

I'll be honest, I have never really gotten in to many books on the UFO field, because they are all so varied and I hear about so many of them being total crap. That is why I was so eager to jump at this idea to give me a little guidance. I am open to any suggestions and will read pretty anything.

OK- let's start tossing some ideas.
We should really start with something most people either have, can get from a library or a title easily obtained in a used book store.
If this works out and we move on to other books, we can order in advance. This will work when it comes to more obscure titles.
My two choices for now would be:
Vallee's Dimensions
or Striebers Communion

Any other ideas?

Vallee's Dimensions never read it, i think ever one should read firestom but thats just me. but i like to Vallee's Dimensions.

Back