• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Black Triangle Sighting - late 90's Long Island

Lynbrookian

Paranormal Novice
Hi -

Many years ago I lived on Long Island NY.
One Friday night in October (approx '96 -'97) I was getting out of my car around 11:30pm. Some odd premonition made me throw my knapsack on top of my car and check out the sky. I looked up and saw what appeared to be a large triangle of negative space moving slowly across the sky. This was almost directly over Merrick Rd / Peninsula Blvd in Lynbrook, NY.
This triangle appeared to be very black and downlit, as if lights were shining above it, so I could just make out its outline. I seem to recall if only had a few small running lights in the corners. I'm not claiming it was a UFO but whatever it was, it was silent, flying relatively low - under two thousand feet and seemed large enough for me to question whether our military could've created it. Just wondering if anyone else may have reported anything like this in that area...

I have seen a few vids posted on YouTube that look close to what I recall seeing.

For the record, I'm neither a believer nor disbeliever in UFO's and don't
generally fit under the stereotype of someone New-Agey who believes in any metaphysical things.

Lynbrookian said:
Hi -

Many years ago I lived on Long Island NY.
One Friday night in October (approx '96 -'97) I was getting out of my car around 11:30pm. Some odd premonition made me throw my knapsack on top of my car and check out the sky. I looked up and saw what appeared to be a large triangle of negative space moving slowly across the sky. This was almost directly over Merrick Rd / Peninsula Blvd in Lynbrook, NY.
This triangle appeared to be very black and downlit, as if lights were shining above it, so I could just make out its outline. I seem to recall if only had a few small running lights in the corners. I'm not claiming it was a UFO but whatever it was, it was silent, flying relatively low - under two thousand feet and seemed large enough for me to question whether our military could've created it. Just wondering if anyone else may have reported anything like this in that area...

I have seen a few vids posted on YouTube that look close to what I recall seeing.

For the record, I'm neither a believer nor disbeliever in UFO's and don't
generally fit under the stereotype of someone New-Agey who believes in any metaphysical things.

Hello and welcome to The Paracast forums.

Can you provide the links to those YouTube videos?

If you follow the instructions in our General Chit-Chat board, you can embed the videos in our messages, to make it easier for our members to see them :D

Back