• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Big crunch or rip?

Just been digging into the website you suggested aNorthernSoul,

This one http://www.anthonypeake.com/ I have some time off so I can really get stuck in today, but I just wanted to say that this guy looks like he would make a great guest.

What do think Gene and Dave?

Oh yeah and here's another one of my silly thoughts. I've just been reading the wiki link I posted earlier about Brahma and according to that the Big B, is a little over 50 years old now,

"Currently, 50 years of Brahma have elapsed and we are in the first Day of the 51st year. This Brahma's day, Kalpa, is named as ShvetaVaraha Kalpa. Within this Day, six Manvantaras have already elapsed and we are in the seventh Manhavatara, named as - Vaivasvatha Manvantara. Within the Vaivasvatha Manavantara, 27 Mahayugas (4 Yugas together is a Mahayuga), and the Krita, Treta and Dwapara Yugas of the 28th Mahayuga have elapsed. We are in the Kaliyuga of the 28th Mahayuga. This Kaliyuga began in the year 3102 BC in the proleptic Julian Calendar. Since 50 years of Brahma have already elapsed, we are in the second Parardha, also called as Dvithiya Parardha."

just past the mid point of his hundred year lifespan. So here comes the crazy thought.
Using the analogy of the bouncy ball reaching the apex of it's forward motion and then because of gravitational attraction it begins to fall back down. Like Brahma hitting his middle age might it be that our universe is collapsing because the old fella is just getting on a bit?

Then think Galactic warming :eek:

See I told you I think far too much, now everyone feel free to laugh :).
The way I see it, Life is like an exercise book with infinite pages and I like to scribble a lot.

Mark

Just been digging into the website you suggested aNorthernSoul,

This one http://www.anthonypeake.com/ I have some time off so I can really get stuck in today, but I just wanted to say that this guy looks like he would make a great guest.

What do think Gene and Dave?

Yeah, I think he would be interesting to have on the show for sure.

Oh yeah and here's another one of my silly thoughts. I've just been reading the wiki link I posted earlier about Brahma and according to that the Big B, is a little over 50 years old now,

"Currently, 50 years of Brahma have elapsed and we are in the first Day of the 51st year. This Brahma's day, Kalpa, is named as ShvetaVaraha Kalpa. Within this Day, six Manvantaras have already elapsed and we are in the seventh Manhavatara, named as - Vaivasvatha Manvantara. Within the Vaivasvatha Manavantara, 27 Mahayugas (4 Yugas together is a Mahayuga), and the Krita, Treta and Dwapara Yugas of the 28th Mahayuga have elapsed. We are in the Kaliyuga of the 28th Mahayuga. This Kaliyuga began in the year 3102 BC in the proleptic Julian Calendar. Since 50 years of Brahma have already elapsed, we are in the second Parardha, also called as Dvithiya Parardha."

just past the mid point of his hundred year lifespan. So here comes the crazy thought.
Using the analogy of the bouncy ball reaching the apex of it's forward motion and then because of gravitational attraction it begins to fall back down. Like Brahma hitting his middle age might it be that our universe is collapsing because the old fella is just getting on a bit?

Then think Galactic warming :eek:

See I told you I think far too much, now everyone feel free to laugh :).
The way I see it, Life is like an exercise book with infinite pages and I like to scribble a lot.

Mark

That's a very interesting thought for sure. I think we can safely say that abnormal solar activity is likely a factor in our solar system warming... I wonder if we have a way to monitor temperatures outside our solar system. Very interesting thought indeed. Of course, do we have a way to record the universe? How do we know for sure it is growing or shrinking at all? That's an actual question. I've never understood what exactly we are measuring and how.

Back