• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ask Douglas Robinson

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
About Douglas Robinson

Douglas Robinson is a critically acclaimed author who penned the “Silently Series” which currently consists of three books about real vampire lifestyles in a dramatic-fiction style. Robinson is also an educator who helps inspiring authors pursue their writing aspirations to a finished product. He’s the founder and CEO of “Silently Publishing” For more information visit Silently Publishing

The interview is scheduled for Friday at 1:00pm Pacific

How difficult is it to keep injecting fresh ideas into a frankly oversaturated genre? I imagine it's difficult because if you stray too far you will lose the audience yet if you stick with the tired tropes, you just sound redundant.
A number of other questions and responses answered your question, so we didn't get to reading it directly ( sorry ). For example at one point I pointed out that there are over 80,000 titles on vampires at Amazon, and asked what sets his stories apart from the rest.

This show was also very challenging for me because of the very different worldviews between the guest and myself. When you hear the show you'll get a much better idea what I'm talking about. His creative process is very different from that of a typical fiction writer, relying literally on what he believes are divinely inspired visions of people, places, and things.

Back