• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

April 8th Show - Ghost Hunter Lorraine Warren.

k_queen

Paranormal Novice
Wow... Lorraine Warren sure didn't want to talk about the idea of demons, or as she put it, 'inhuman spirits', being part of 'God's creation'. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but she seems totally shut out to hearing anything different.

Mrs. Warren wonders why people are moving away from organized religion? Maybe it's the close-mindedness that people experience in churches of many faiths that drive them away. Churches have their cliques, and their interpretations of the Bible aren't very welcoming to people interested in the paranormal.

Not only that, but there are still sects of Christianity that do not welcome homosexuals, interracially married people, or anyone else different. Churches are no longer bastions of the community. It's a bunch of people that like to socialize with each other and have things there way. And that's fine. Just don't expect me to show up and let you tell me how I'm going to hell.

I have my faith, and my faith is strong. It's just different. And I don't want to be somewhere where I'm made to feel that 'different' is 'bad'. Thank you, Gene and David for handling things very diplomatically and made the excellent point of keeping faith personal, and I respect the fact that you guys always keep an objective point of view whenever religion is discussed on the show.

Regards,
K.

I've never been surprised by the heavy religious overtones of their work. They're demonologists after all. Oh, by "they" I'm including her late husband.

I've seen less flattering interviews with her and Ed.

Welcome to the forums btw.

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Just seems that demonologists are on the fringe, you know? In the Catholic Church they are treated like relics, and in Christian sects they are held at a distance. I'm not sure about Jewish, Buddhist or Islamic demonologists. Even in the paranormal community, if someone says, "yeah, I'm a demonologist" unless they are well known they are heavily scrutinized (and I'm not in disagreement with that).

I just seprate faith and religion in my mind, and I was surprised to see someone in that line of work so heavily into the religion side of it. All of this is just my 2 c., btw.

k_queen said:
Thanks for the welcome. :)

Just seems that demonologists are on the fringe, you know? In the Catholic Church they are treated like relics, and in Christian sects they are held at a distance. I'm not sure about Jewish, Buddhist or Islamic demonologists. Even in the paranormal community, if someone says, "yeah, I'm a demonologist" unless they are well known they are heavily scrutinized (and I'm not in disagreement with that).

I just seprate faith and religion in my mind, and I was surprised to see someone in that line of work so heavily into the religion side of it. All of this is just my 2 c., btw.

I think demonologist are archaic. They were fringe loooong ago haha. Out dated in my view.

By faith you mean spirituality by chance? Faith to me means concluding without evidence. Or believing becuase you're told to, or think you should for whatever reason. Then again, that can be considered blind faith. Faith can mean hope and trust.

I often tell people I'm spiritual not religious. It's became a cliche somewhat, but I've said it before it was envogue. I mention this so people don't think I'm just jumping on a bandwagon. I rather flatten the wheels of them instead.

By your definition, I'm am meaning "faith" as "spirituality". The belief in something out there, but not wanting to tie yourself to a particular dogma because none of them seem 'right' to you.

k_queen said:
By your definition, I'm am meaning "faith" as "spirituality". The belief in something out there, but not wanting to tie yourself to a particular dogma because none of them seem 'right' to you.

Yep, same here then.

Back