• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Apple and Steve Jobs

CinderMoltenHowl

Skilled Investigator
How about getting him on the show (rant to follow).

Ask him why reseller orders will be taking over two to three months to reach customers for the 27" iMac, yet if you order through Apple directly you receive it within 7 days (or less)?

However Apple state there is a worldwide shortage of 27" iMacs?

Seems they want you to avoid the reseller and go straight through them and are deliberately holding back reseller orders to met their own online demand.

Perhaps this should be posted in Conspiracy Theories. (end of rant)

I ordered one from MacMall and had a build-to-order with quad-core Intel i7 processor in my hands within a week.

The backorder situation for 27-inch models has worsened to two weeks at Apple's online store. I don't know if it's production related, or these models are just far more popular. In the end, yes, Apple routinely gets it to customers faster than third-party resellers, but it doesn't appear by much right now.

Gene,

Seems the position is slightly different here in Australia...

From a reseller:

Apple has plenty of machines to go around but is ONLY fulfilling orders placed directly with them either via the online store, Apple phone orders or at the Apple Stores in George Street or Chatswood. They will not supply ANY resellers with machines until the 1st or 2nd week of January.

Everyone - if you have an order with a reseller you will not receive a machine until early next year. Apple's practices of not supplying resellers are underhanded attempts at putting Australian businesses offside with their clients. We are all doing the best we can to get the machines to reseller clients as soon as possible. My location has even gone to the effort of buying machines from Apple USA and having them shipped to Australia so we can try and take care of people before Christmas.

Good luck to everyone still waiting."

Here is a link to the issue(s):
Waiting for Quad Core 27 iMac - Australia - Page 31 - Mac Forums

Sad to see this happening. Apple had such a good public perception, which I must say is being soured by their approach.

Cinder,
I have some bad news. Steve has always been a polarizing figure in the states. Either you love him or hate him. Some of his products are truly innovative, but I have real issues with the way he treats his customers and the amount of control he keeps over the iPhone. And then of course there were the self-combustable iPods.

Personally, I would have no interest to see Jobs as a guest on the Paracast.

Anyway, here is an interesting article on Steve Jobs the person:
http://bobsutton.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/03/fortune-story-o.html

steve (Apple) has always treated me right. i can appreciate his control over everything Apple. that is why Apple products are far superior over competing products.

Back