• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

anyone had a similar experience?

djb

Paranormal Novice
hi all, just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to me? about five years ago returning home (Nottingham-UK) one evening on foot, i saw a very large object moving extremely slowly above my house, i can only describe it as cuboid in shape, it seemed to be made from bricks but had various bits sticking out of it (imagine trying to make an egg shape out of lego and you have some idea) it was a similar colour to the sky, which was reddish as it was evening, there were no lights that i recall and if i had to guess the size i would say it was at least the size of a football pitch but very probably bigger. I glanced up at it for a few seconds carried on into the house, went upstairs to my bedroom and sat on the bed for maybe an hour or two. this may sound like an odd thing to have done but from the moment i saw it i had an overwhelming feeling that i had seen something i wasnt supposed to and not only this, it had also seen me. I was frankly in a state of shock and had a general feeling of denial which still continues today. As soon as i came to my senses i switched on the radio to tune into a local news channel, turned on the tv and scoured the internet for any reports (of which there were none) i was however unable to leave the house or call anyone as i "knew" i shouldnt. It has taken a few years for me to get over this feeling, at least long enough for me to half convince myself that it was all a dream. I am a creative person (music/art) by nature so it is not beyond reason that i could have imagined it.

Thanks for posting djb,

When you saw this object, approximately how far away was it and as you observed it's movement, did you also change your view point or just stand still.
I ask only because I have heard that sometimes these things can only be seen from a certain position. Also did you look for it from your bedroom if possible?
Then have the feeling that you shouldn't.

Welcome to the forums by the way,

Mark

hi Mark, it is difficult to recall how far it was, im not good with distances as it is, it filled a lot of sky though! its hard for me to recall much detail about the actual objects appearance im kinda just left with the feeling. As i saw it i slowed slightly to an almost stand-still, then just kept walking, i was only a few seconds from my front door, i went straight upstairs and sat on my bed, didnt move for hours. i had the feeling that i was seeing something i shouldnt as soon as i saw it.

Interesting story, and welcome to the forums! Also, nice avatar, plays with the eyes.

I've had five possible sightings in my life and have never had a feeling of foreboding during any of them, just incredible anticipation or eagerness. I don't know why exactly I have this feeling, I guess cause I just want the rest of our species to see what I've seen and for us as a people to accept that things are happening all around us, we just have to stop and pay attention every once in a while.

Back