• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Any idea what we are seeing in these two videos?

The first one is too devoid of surrounding context to comment on, but the second one looks a lot like infrared footage that Richard Dolan has shown in some of his talks, which was taken through a telescopic lens at night. In his footage you can make out the triangular shape of the objects as they move around in the upper atmosphere just like that.

I think they're experimental military craft, possibly large drones. Notice that they move with inertial trajectories - they do sometimes change direction in unusual ways, but when these objects do it, they slow down to turn. So that appears to be earthly technology, imo.

The objects that I saw could move at a high constant speed and jackknife backwards, like a ping-pong ball reflecting off of an invisible wall in the sky (they did this over and over again too). That kind of maneuvering is non-inertial in nature - it's as if they have no momentum to change - and that's exactly what we expect to see with a gravitational field propulsion system. Which just so happens to be the ideal mechanism for superluminal interstellar spaceflight, so that strikes me as a specific signature of an alien device operating in our airspace.

What we're seeing in that second video appears to be magnetoaerodynamic propulsion, as Stanton Friedman has discussed. Perhaps the ionosphere is an ideal environment for that form of propulsion. And the infrared signature suggests to me that an energized envelope of atmospheric gas is being used as a reaction medium. That's my best guess anyway.

If you find footage of a device in the sky going from a dead stop to thousands of mph in an instant, or changing direction at high speed with no curving or slowing, then that's probably unearthly in origin. I've never seen any footage like that though; if anyone has video footage or radar evidence of that kind of maneuvering, it would be the military.

Last edited:
The first one is too devoid of surrounding context to comment on, but the second one looks a lot like infrared footage that Richard Dolan has shown in some of his talks, which was taken through a telescopic lens at night. In his footage you can make out the triangular shape of the objects as they move around in the upper atmosphere just like that.

I think they're experimental military craft, possibly large drones. Notice that they move with inertial trajectories - they do sometimes change direction in unusual ways, but when these objects do it, they slow down to turn. So that appears to be earthly technology, imo.

The objects that I saw could move at a high constant speed and jackknife backwards, like a ping-pong ball reflecting off of an invisible wall in the sky (they did this over and over again too). That kind of maneuvering is non-inertial in nature - it's as if they have no momentum to change - and that's exactly what we expect to see with a gravitational field propulsion system. Which just so happens to be the ideal mechanism for superluminal interstellar spaceflight, so that strikes me as a specific signature of an alien device operating in our airspace.

What we're seeing in that second video appears to be magnetoaerodynamic propulsion, as Stanton Friedman has discussed. Perhaps the ionosphere is an ideal environment for that form of propulsion. And the infrared signature suggests to me that an energized envelope of atmospheric gas is being used as a reaction medium. That's my best guess anyway.

If you find footage of a device in the sky going from a dead stop to thousands of mph in an instant, or changing direction at high speed with no curving or slowing, then that's probably unearthly in origin. I've never seen any footage like that though; if anyone has video footage or radar evidence of that kind of maneuvering, it would be the military.
Thanks for the comment. That is very interesting and it makes sense. That's why on these forums I've said multiple times; I'd be excited just to see a video that depicts a point of light changing direction and/or stopping. Most video's that show a point of light show the object traveling straight and level which to me automatically means it's man made.

Where did you see the objects that you said seemed to "jackknife backwards" and how long ago was that? I'd be interested in seeing something like that :)

Thanks for the comment. That is very interesting and it makes sense. That's why on these forums I've said multiple times; I'd be excited just to see a video that depicts a point of light changing direction and/or stopping.
Honestly I've never spent much time browsing through the untold thousands of clips on YouTube to see if anyone just happened to catch an unearthly maneuver on video; it might be out there somewhere. What burns my bagel is that the military certainly has such footage - for example Captains Fravor and Slaight saw that Tic-Tac ufo depart the scene with a dramatic instantaneous acceleration, and their gun camera must've caught that on video because they were in pursuit of the object at pretty close range. But the DoD or the DIA or whoever is releasing the recent clips, is only letting us see the least interesting moments of such encounters. I understand why they're doing it: if the performance capabilities of our best aircraft are classified, then certainly the performance characteristics of a vastly superior technology would be even more highly classified. But it's extremely frustrating nevertheless.

Most video's that show a point of light show the object traveling straight and level which to me automatically means it's man made.
But not necessarily. I was once contacted by a high school science teacher who had seen a metallic disc about 100ft in diameter drop straight down from the late-afternoon sky and come to a dead stop over a nearby treeline, as she was hanging out with friends on the roof of a resident building at a college in Ohio when she was in college. They all watched it hover there for about 20 minutes - long enough for a police officer to come over and watch it with them. This was back in the 70's. Then it suddenly departed along a very fast zig-zag trajectory, apparently level to the ground at the same low altitude. So these things do sometimes move in straight lines level to the ground. The key would be to catch such a device when it changed course in complete defiance of inertia. Apparently that's very rare to see, and even more rare to catch on video. Part of the problem seems to be that when such craft are in motion, they're only visible for a very brief time, but a bigger problem is shock - it's stunning to witness. The human primate brain is transfixed by non-inertial motion - seeing something defy the known laws of physics with your own eyes is so startling and amazing that your primary impulse is to watch it as closely as possible before it's gone, whereas capturing it on video requires taking your eyes off of it. In my case, I didn't run home for the camera until it was gone, but of course it didn't re-appear.

Where did you see the objects that you said seemed to "jackknife backwards" and how long ago was that? I'd be interested in seeing something like that :)
I hope you do get to see it one day. In my case, I was in a suburb of Pittsburgh when I was a seven year-old boy in 1976, and I saw a pair of devices zig-zag rapidly across the clear afternoon sky, as I stood watching with five of the other kids in my neighborhood. We all watched them and tried to identify them out loud with our eyes glued to them. They were fairly close together and moved in perfect formation as they executed those incredible zig-zag maneuvers at probably 6 to 8,000mph.

I've been watching the sky ever since, hoping to see something like that again. But apparently I was incredibly lucky to see such a thing once in my life, and the chance of seeing it again is basically zero. I wish that everyone could at least see it on video: it's a mind-blowing experience. The moment that you see a device execute roughly 30-degree course changes at thousands of mph with no visible slowly and no curving, you suddenly realize that the most sophisticated modern aircraft technology is about as advanced as flint knives and bearskins.

The problem I have with the infrared footage, and others like it, is the fact the objects always seem to be flying in a very erratic pattern, almost without purpose. Unless the pilot were drunk, I don't think you could suggest the flight path looked, intelligently controlled. Those objects behave very much like an insect or a bird, perhaps at different distances. Although you could clearly recognize a bird on the IR, they were very close to the camera, I don't know what a larger bird would look like from a greater distance.

Cool footage nonetheless, but don't understand the incoherent, zig-zag, pattern to so many of them. If it were a spacecraft under intelligent control, I think it would be fair to expect it would fly in some conventional way, rather than an insect. Very few witnesses of flying saucers report them flying in erratic zig-zags without much control...they hover, they take off quickly in direct lines, sometimes make sharp turns, but they don't move about like a balloon that had it's air released out.

Back