• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Angel Hair, Have you seen it ?

AlienHunter

Skilled Investigator
Hey Guys

Going back into I would say early 2000's me and my father seen something quite strange, the trees not far from where we live were covered in this strange white fiber, almost like spider webs. If you touched it the stuff would disintegrate. We of course found it to be very strange, but what made it even more strange was when we were told a UFO was sighted in the area the night before. Where I live we don't exactly have any type of spiders which could cover the whole bottom of multiple trees in this stuff and have it on the leaves. When we researched it we seen an article talking about this stuff being present called "Angel Hair" after certain types of UFO sightings, it was quite shocking when we actually found something online to collaborate with, except the ones online were only small traces of it, we seen A LOT of it. Unfortunately we didn't think to keep any of it, and we should have gotten pictures, but we were just starting to get into the paranormal field and stupidly didn't think to get evidence. It's very possible this was spiders, though it only happened that once and never happened again which made it less likely. Have any of you came across this before in your research ? I'm very curious if you have seen it or know someone who has seen it.

Hey Guys

Going back into I would say early 2000's me and my father seen something quite strange, the trees not far from where we live were covered in this strange white fiber, almost like spider webs. If you touched it the stuff would disintegrate. We of course found it to be very strange, but what made it even more strange was when we were told a UFO was sighted in the area the night before. Where I live we don't exactly have any type of spiders which could cover the whole bottom of multiple trees in this stuff and have it on the leaves. When we researched it we seen an article talking about this stuff being present called "Angel Hair" after certain types of UFO sightings, it was quite shocking when we actually found something online to collaborate with, except the ones online were only small traces of it, we seen A LOT of it. Unfortunately we didn't think to keep any of it, and we should have gotten pictures, but we were just starting to get into the paranormal field and stupidly didn't think to get evidence. It's very possible this was spiders, though it only happened that once and never happened again which made it less likely. Have any of you came across this before in your research ? I'm very curious if you have seen it or know someone who has seen it.

I think I saw something about this on the BBC show "natures weirdest events", I will look it up.

I think I saw something about this on the BBC show "natures weirdest events", I will look it up.

Much appreciated, any sort of understanding as to how this formed on these trees would be beneficial. It was certainly strange whatever it was, natural or paranormal. I would probably be on the natural side when it comes to explaining it, but I could never see anything online apart from this stuff called Angel Hair.

The caterpillar seems like a very plausible explanation. It must have been just a weird random event because it only happened once, that one night. I do wish I had seen this long ago. It makes a lot more sense than some UFO sprinkling fairy dust about the country lol. The UFO sighting must have been just coincidence. Thanks for the help, much appreciated !

From what I understand there are several different causes, but it may have to do with a glut (a larger than usual amount) of the silk or web spinning insects like spiders or caterpillars.
I think that sometimes you can get an explosion of a population if the weather conditions are "perfect" for hatching. (usually most eggs never hatch and that is why so many are laid at once) but if a large percentage do manage to hatch all at once, they will spin their silk for protection, resulting in a huge amount of silk.

There is one other thing I remember reading about, and that was to do with Aeroplane counter measures (self defence from radar) usually called "Chaff".
I have just remembered that I saw this on an episode of a TV show called project UFO (which was based on project Blue Book)
just found the episode:

From what I understand there are several different causes, but it may have to do with a glut (a larger than usual amount) of the silk or web spinning insects like spiders or caterpillars.
I think that sometimes you can get an explosion of a population if the weather conditions are "perfect" for hatching. (usually most eggs never hatch and that is why so many are laid at once) but if a large percentage do manage to hatch all at once, they will spin their silk for protection, resulting in a huge amount of silk.

There is one other thing I remember reading about, and that was to do with Aeroplane counter measures (self defence from radar) usually called "Chaff".
I have just remembered that I saw this on an episode of a TV show called project UFO (which was based on project Blue Book)
just found the episode:

That certainly would make a lot of sense. I do live in Scotland, so the weather could have been too cold for them to be able to hatch, and when the temp was right they all just hatched at once. I can't remember the time of year, but from what you have shown I think I can put this down to natural causes. It's just a shame I didn't get a photo of it, would have been a good picture. Thanks :)

Back