• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Allen Greenfield

T

The Fox

Hello all! I am a new member to the forum although I have listened to many of the podcasts.

I used to think I had a decent intellect. I admit that Allen Greenfield sort of put a damper on such notions with his discussion of UFOs. Nonetheless, I hope I'm not the only one who fell on their face trying to keep up with the connection he was trying to make with Ritual Magic and the ritual magicians. One way or the other it is inarguable that UFOs play a prominent role in our culture, irregardless of what we believe them to be. His stated message, as I took it, is that ritual magic is one place we should look for explanations of the "visitors".

Obviously ritual magic has, perhaps still does, play a big role in his background. However, it is a topic that is never on my mind. Beyond that, I failed to pick up just what a greater understanding of magic will provide in the way of some explanation of UFOs. I am truly not being sarcastic. I am baffled and hope that someone else with more knowledge can explain what I failed to consider or even hear on the show. Just what is the linkage?

The Fox

I'm sure Allen can speak for himself but the jist of it (as I understood it) was that much of what we consider to be "alien" in terms of the UFO experience generally has no proof, while ritual magic leads to all sorts of otherworldly experiences. In other words, these things are in a sense, imaginary.

PS. No such word as "irregardless". :p

Back