• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Alien COVID?

Again, I still don't see the logic in China wrecking the world's economy and making itself an international pariah — after the U.S. of course. What do they gain by that? They want to sell Chinese products, and when people don't have the money, they fail.

Maybe it was are rouge element in the regime headed by the leader? Also maybe it was North Korean out to bring the Communist China down? Anyway COVID-19 is will us for awhile and would not touch Putin's stuff when he already has form pricking ex-citizens oversees with bio-drops.

Again, I still don't see the logic in China wrecking the world's economy and making itself an international pariah — after the U.S. of course. What do they gain by that? They want to sell Chinese products, and when people don't have the money, they fail.
Everyone needs external enemies for governments to shift attention from their own internal failures and atrocities.
The CCP is new to being a major power and their foreign relations policies seem ham-handed. The 9 dash line claim is a recent example. If China was still a backwater country, no one would notice or care. Now as a major power, everything they say or do has consequences.

Last edited:
The stories about China are nuanced, and it's not black and white. A new story that I'll not bother to link here because this is getting, frankly, confusing for all concerned, has it that the local officials didn't alert the central government to the seriousness at the problem at first.

Had it been reported earlier, the initial infections may have been controlled, but it doesn't mean it wouldn't have spread.

I agree that incompetence at the lab is most likely what happened (but darker explanations are possible). Excessive bureaucracy prohibited anyone locally from making an official statement to the public or taking more immediate action. The inability of decision making at lower levels is a characteristic of most authoritarian governments and is true for the CCP.
The more conspiratorial question to me is what was China doing with the virus in the lab.

Dr. Fauci, who is not politically correct by any means, says specifically the virus did not originate in a lab.
When it comes to SARS-COV-2, anyone who wasn't actually working on the virus in the lab, who says they know for sure it either did or didn't come out of a lab, can immediately be written-off as unreliable. This is because if there were people who were working on it in the lab, then they are the only people who could know for sure. Fauci certainly can't know for sure.

To compound the problem, assuming SARS-COV-2 was the product of a virology lab, that still doesn't mean the virus responsible for COVID-19 originated in the same lab. Other labs, or as unlikely as it may seem given the evidence, nature itself could still be responsible for creating an identical virus. The fact is, right now, nobody knows for sure unless there are virologists who worked on it in a lab and know how it got out.

Personally I believe it likely that there are ( or were ) such virologists. But we have not heard from them in-person. Even if we did, given that the lab in question was run by the CCP, could they be trusted? I don't think so, at least not so long as they're under CCP jurisdiction and control. We have to rely on the best available evidence combined with reason, and that appears to weigh heavily in favor of virology rather than nature.

Last edited:
When it comes to SARS-COV-2, anyone who wasn't actually working on the virus in the lab, who says they know for sure it either did or didn't come out of a lab, can immediately be written-off as unreliable. This is because if there were people who were working on it in the lab, then they are the only people who could know for sure. Fauci certainly can't know for sure.

To compound the problem, assuming SARS-COV-2 was the product of a virology lab, that still doesn't mean the virus responsible for COVID-19 originated in the same lab. Other labs, or as unlikely as it may seem given the evidence, nature itself could still be responsible for creating an identical virus. The fact is, right now, nobody knows for sure unless there are virologists who worked on it in a lab and know how it got out.

Personally I believe it likely that there are ( or were ) such virologists. But we have not heard from them in-person. Even if we did, given that the lab in question was run by the CCP, could they be trusted? I don't think so, at least not so long as they're under CCP jurisdiction and control. We have to rely on the best available evidence combined with reason, and that appears to weigh heavily in favor of virology rather than nature.
Here are the comments from one of the foremost experts on the subject:

He often disputes official government dogma, and he is supremely credible.

Here are the comments from one of the foremost experts on the subject:

He often disputes official government dogma, and he is supremely credible.
I read what I could before the subscription requirement blocked me, and it was enough to see that Fauci's assessment is far from scientifically conclusive, and is at least partly, in error. This is backed by scientific papers released by the virologist from the lab who was working on the virus that Fauci alludes to in bats. But put an official face on an opinion, give it media coverage, and a lot of it will stick.

He also simply glosses over the part about the virus making the transition from animals to humans. It's the same misdirection a lot of other so-called lab-theory debunkers make. I've gone over this in past posts in some greater detail. The problem is that people generally don't have the same amount of interest or time as I do to wade through all the claims to see which ones outweigh the others. But it's all on the forum if they want to.

How many times are we going to go down the same path?

It's clearly not engineered, and it clearly makes zero sense for China to release it to it's own people, and then cover it up. If anyone wants a conspiracy to think about, think about why the US has blown it not only for their own population, but the likelihood that the next wave will be US-driven. If anybody has an agenda here, it's America.

Back