• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Alien abduction claims + Video recorders = huh?

That's stupid. "Presumably these abductions are being carried out by the same group..." based on what, exactly? Vaguely similar descriptions?

Also wouldn't the absence of the tape be evidence in and of itself? Simply avoiding being recorded is much more practical, efficiency be damned! Lastly these beings seem to exist outside time as we know it. It's of no consequence to them when they do what they do.

Sigh... just another ETH purist looking for a Star Trek explanation... even going so far as to use the term "away team"!

Whatever is behind abductions can pull it's gig off in broad day-light, with many other people around. After it's over, no one is aware that anything happened. What was it Ross Perot said about Texas weather and being raped? Oh, yeah...'you may as well just sit back and enjoy it.'

All it would take is for an alien to live a tenth of a second ahead of our reality, and we'd never see them. Only the aftermath.

It would explain just about everything.

The implant isn't just so they can find you, it's from their world, and by virtue of it being in your body, allows you to be a part of THEIR time, and their space.

It's why when a husband sleeps when his wife is being abducted, and he just continues to snore away unfazed. It's why some people see the big blue light in the room, and little people when others don't. It's why in the middle of the day someone goes outside, and is abducted and nobody notices. Because they're just a few ticks ahead of the rest of the world.

I had this epiphany today about some of these sorts of things after watching Animal Planet, and catching a re-run of UFO hunters on demand.

They're essentially environmentalists.

I thought this article was kind of funny. Sure, some assumptions were made, like the aliens all being the same species, but the jist of the article pretty much sums up my feelings about "alien abductions". If these things are so advanced and can come and do whatever they want, why would they be so camera shy? With so much power, how could they or their plans be harmed by being exposed on camera?
I realize it could be said that none of these particular participants were true experiencers, that real abductees might actually catch something on film.
So I wouldn't dismiss abductions out of hand, but I have never really seen any reason to actively believe in them.

What was it Ross Perot said about Texas weather and being raped? Oh, yeah...'you may as well just sit back and enjoy it.'
That was a Republican (surprise) named Clayton "Claytie" Williams. I was for Ann Richards that year.

i think our future....... is going to be one that suits them, and the greater galactic/universal comunity

they could pick us up kicking and screaming and plonk us in that future, or tease us with subtle prompts into going there ourselves.

imagine the future is a building in the middle of the desert.

if i built a prison the inmates would spend their time trying to get out, but if its a 5 star resort, ppl will spend their hard earned labour exchange credits to get in.

like you, i want nothing more than for "them" to simply stand on the whitehouse lawn and tell it like it is, so i can at last understand and embrace the greater reality, that must exist beyond this single planet.

but we all know that if that happened there would be some who would reject the truth, and start behaving like inmates and try and find a way out of that reality

there is a line of poetry that runs "if that you seek ,you find not within.....you will never find at all"

bit by bit it seems like we are being teased into a new reality

i remember a time and a place where once some ppl thought the TV show Dr Who was blasphemy, because it portrayed aliens, and god only made man.
the suggestion that there might be intelligent aliens was contrary to the word of god as written in the bible. the universe has him and us, no others
to suggest or say otherwise was to contradict the bible.

now aliens are "everywhere"........................;)

There in is the problem.

What if it IS a prison, in the form of a so called resort?

A prison is a prison no matter how nice it is. Would you be content to go to prison, if you got cable, 3 meals a day, a nice place to sleep, and not have to worry about tomorrow?

That's why they call it prison instead of Happy Fun Time Resort.

I want to remain a human being, and live like a human being until my number is up.

Gentle prodding is one thing, what is going on is something else.

if i built a prison the inmates would spend their time trying to get out, but if its a 5 star resort, ppl will spend their hard earned labour exchange credits to get in.

That's an A-or-B argument. It could easily be both resort AND prison, depending on your perspective. For some people no amount of freedom is enough freedom, they could have the whole world to themselves and still feel trapped. For others moving to a house with one more room attached is like living in a cavernous mansion.

One thing's for certain though; they're never gonna give us the answer. That'd spoil their little game, whatever the hell it is.

Maybe the prison is matter itself.

and in that respect no one is truly free, though some of us are lucky enough to get to choose our chains....

i think there is a thing called the "surprise factor". surprises can be nice or nasty, and our reflex action in the face of the latter, can be dulled over time.

i get the distinct impression the kids of today would be measurably Less surprised by a white house lawn, than those of my generation.

but more than that i get the impression the mums and dads today would also be less surprised than the mums and dads of my youth.

contact is always going to be a nasty surprise for the contactee, taking the "surprise" out of the equation gently would seem like a good place to start such a venture

Back