• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Alan Godfrey

Sean Elifritz

Administrator
I have heard about the Alan Godfrey abduction before but never really looked into it. Have been doing some looking around today and his case has many elements I hadn't known about. It might be one of the most bizarre abduction accounts out there. There is an injury that renders him sterile, a mysterious death, an abduction, a strange disappearance and reappearance of cows, and what appears to be a healing.

Thanks Wickerman. I have seen interviews with Alan Godfrey quite a few times over the years and his story remains the same every time i hear it. Very consistent. I saw an interview with him once where he describes seeing a tall human like being with dark hair in a "widows peak" style.

The internet is really great for some things and absolutely lousy for others. :( Information about Godfrey on the net is scant to say the least. I keep finding the same tiny piece by Jenny Randles over and over and over again. And that seems to make up 90% of what the net has on him. Have been looking for lengthy, detailed articles about his account and have located 0. I've discovered just one book written about his encounter, The Pennine UFO Mystery by Jenny Randles in 1983. Checked the online catalog of my local library and of course they don't have it. Even my 3 volume UFO Encyclopedia by Jerome Clark has no entry for him.

Some more video re: Alan Godfrey and Todmorden.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

There is another similar case from 2 years prior to the Alan Godfrey case which involved another police officer, Anthony Dodd. I'm not sure if he was abducted or not.

The incident was at Skipton, North Yorkshire in 1978. he had not been long out of the air force, his previous posting was on a base that had tested the latest in technology and aircraft.

This case is very well known here in the UK, so I'm surprised there isn't more info online. The BBC has quite an interesting article:

BBC Inside Out - Alien abduction claims in Yorkshire

For anyone interested in UFO sightings reported by British police officers, try this site:

HOME - The PRUFOS Police Database

I was really quite surprised when I didn't find him in the index of Jerome Clark's UFO Encyclopedia. Usually most anything I look for I find in there somewhere. I've got the first edition though. Don't know if he might have added him to the second edition. Sure wish he'd write up a couple more volumes for it. The 90s is long over so a volume could be done for that and we're getting really close to 2011 so there goes another completed decade ripe for another Clark encyclopedia. By far the most prized possession in my personal library is the 3 volumes of this set (I payed nearly $200 for them!). To make it 5 volumes would be fantastic.

I always found this to be one of the most genuinely puzzling cases and a real core example for us in Britain . Over time, he never made anything out of it and was quite open to it being real, fantasy or dream while staying quite grounded . Especially weird was the investigation he was involved in of a potential 'murder by ufo' of a chap called...Adamski. You really could not make this up..

Back