• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Adobe Reader 8

Free episodes:

cottonzway

I was saying boo-urns
Everytime I go to the Paracast Forums from my home computer I get a pop-up for Adobe Reader 8 that I decline. It leaves me with another page that says licence agreement not accepted with a pop-up that says the application will quit. Does anyone else get this? What is this? Thanks.

Everytime I go to the Paracast Forums from my home computer I get a pop-up for Adobe Reader 8 that I decline. It leaves me with another page that says licence agreement not accepted with a pop-up that says the application will quit. Does anyone else get this? What is this? Thanks.
The usual stuff applies: Clear the browser cache or use another browser. While we have a few links to Adobe Acrobat Reader (.pdf) files, the forum itself has nothing whatever to do with that.

That is definitely something on your computer. It's strange since Adobe Reader is now up to Adobe Reader 9.1. It sounds like your computer is looking for an old update to number 8 but can't find it since it's an old release and unavailable at the regular download site that the program checks.

I would uninstall the current Adobe Reader, then download and install the new one from their site (it's free). The reader regularly looks for updates, so you need to allow your computer to download and install those updates.

Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions

Release 9 will run under Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 2000 SP 4, Windows 2000, and Windows XP.

If you're running an old operating system such as Windows 98, it won't support release 9. It may (or may not) be possible to find an older version of Adobe Reader somewhere, but you might have problems loading files that were created with newer releases of Acrobat.

While you're at the download page, check out the System Requirements link.

Back