• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

About the year 2012 and the Mayan calender

quantumleap

Paranormal Novice
I was listening to a podcast concerning the Mayan calender and a comment was made to the effect : Why is everyone worrying about the year 2012? The Mayan calender has only ten month a year in it, so has already ended.

Can anyone expound on this for me? I'm confused.:rolleyes:

I'll let you guys in on a secret..

SOMETHING BIG WILL HAPPEN AFTER 2012 NOMATTER WHAT

Millions of people have a "feeling" that something big will happen.
The closer we come; the more propaganda about 2012 will saturate the media. When something big happens on 2012 it will either be from the hysteria of the worlds most recognized prophetic year in all of human history or from something actually taking place.

Y2K is nothing compared to 2012, nothing.

Why?

Lets see, well..
2012 includes 3 predictions of great transformation from cultures that had zero contact with each other thousands of years ago. It will be at the culmination of the largest solar cycle ever predicted and the 105 year Venus transit.

And finally the most important point of all..
If nothing at all happens and hysteria doesn't take place.
What will happen? Think about it.. Humanity will reject the spirtual on a massive scale.
We will be ushered into a new age of science. Thereby self fulfilling the prophesy of transformation.

If nothing big happened in 2012.. it would be amazing. After all.. something big happens every year. Every year.

I want to know what makes Mayans the authority on knowing our destiny? A gift from the god they did child sacrifices for?

"Something big will happen".

Anything more specific?

Hi All,

The History Channel in their "Decoding The Past" Tv series did an episode on the Mayan Calender. Link

Besides the typical historical back story of the Mayan Calender itself. It makes two scientific correlations that are indirectly related to it, even by chance.

1) On December 21st, 2012 the day the current age of the Mayan Calender ends. Is also the very same day astromony (not astrology) states our Sun will align with the very center of our Milky Way Galaxy. Knowing astronomy 101 that in the very center of all galaxies lays massive black holes. With the Mayan mythology about the underworld at the very center of our Galaxy. How the two avatar like brothers saved their father from trickery in a bad deal with the Underworld overlord. It's depicted in that basketball slash soccer game that the Mayan's created long ago.

So our Sun may have inscreased solar activity, possibly causing a record number of droughts or solar flames to the Earth. If not other strange theoretic gravitional pulls being in alignment with the very center of the Milky Way.

2) Is a Earthly geological event they called "Procession". Where every 25,800 - 26,000 years our Earth does a full rotation on it's axis. Thus the Earth tilts to a new orbit on its axis slightly. Where it completes this full rotation on December 21st, 2012.

Some concerned or exagerrated voices state a magnetic pole shift could occur. Or that this is a component to why "Climate Change" is happening. Since the Earth is adjusting gradually to a new orbit on it's tilted axis. Which in relation to our moon will have rebounded effects to the tidal wave balance or what not.

Back