• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A walk on the mean side

Free versions of recent episodes:

I personally do indeed believe in God. Now, that is from personal expereince and life and not because the bible or the church tells me so. Have they influenced me? Of course. But, so have many other factors in my life. An old man in the sky? No, I don't. But, I try to stay away from talking about religion. There are so many self rightous folks on both sides. It's kind of like democrats and repulicans. :) I have my reasons for my inner life and I'm no goody goody or bible thumper. But, at the same time (as the bible says) wisdon is known of all her children. My translation is that you live your life and take what resonates with your spirit and understand that everybody doesn't see the world just the way you do. I've known college professors and medical doctors who are very, very religous. I've known factory workers who didn't believe in anything. Faith in a higher power is not an IQ test one way or the other.I lean toward the Christian view of God incarnate suffering with his creation. I lean toward the Buddist view of letting go of things and just being. I lean toward the Hindu view of Karma to an extent. I lean toward the agnostic view of not knowing until you die and then it's a done deal. I don't think it's a cosmic accident. But I don't really know. I do know that my faith isn't based on putting my finger in the air every morning to see which way the wind is blowing or wether somebody just came up with the "truth" about God or Christ or Budda or Krishna or Goddess or Universe or mind. Matter of fact (as I've said before) I lean heavly toward reincarnation. But, who can really say? I've read things recently about the electric universe and the Holographic Universe and the universe being a computer simulation. This is one of the strengths of this forum. We are able to discuss and disagree present our views to others who may actually disagree. That's what makes it superior to a skeptical circle jerk or a religious amen corner.

Back