• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A TV show or film I saw many years ago - what was it?

GhostofJohn

Paranormal Novice
O-k, I asked this all around, and no one knows the answer, so hopefully someone here can help me. In 1990-91, I saw this thing on TV, whether or not it was a TV show or film, I am not entirely sure, but it was live action and it was shot in color. This is all I can remember.

I remember a woman laying in bed in a pitch dark bedroom, can't remember what the woman looked like, but I think she had light long brown hair. I think she was finishing reading, and had a lamp beside her bed, which I think was on. She hears a noise, we then see someone dressed up as a ghost wrapped underneath a bluish sheet in the hallway, there were brown walls. I do not think the ghost had hands, feet, or a face, but it was quite some time ago, so do not quote me on this. From what I can remember, after we see the woman in her room asking if someone is there, we see this ghost figure in the hallway creeping up two sets of stairs (banisters). When it finally approaches her room and floats still in the opened doorway, the room is still pitch black, I think the woman called out someone's name, probably the name of someone she knew, for some strange reason I am thinking it was a man. The ghost did not say anything then flew towards her. The woman, while still laying it bed, looking up at it, screaming and fussing, trying to kick it away with her legs. The ghost did nothing but stared down at her and floated in front of her constantly lowering its head, as if it wanted to attack her, but physically could not. For this reason, I think the ghost came back to revenge.

I know this is not much to go on, and no one I spoke to about this remembers it at all, but I swear I saw it. I saw it many years ago, but I remember it vividly as if I saw it yesterday. I could be mismatching scenes, but from what I described previously, I clearly remember. I do not think this is a film, most likely a ghost reenactment TV show. I thought it was Unsolved Mysteries, but I ordered the four disc set, which contains all the ghost episodes, and it is not on there. However, this show or film, whatever it is, had a very similar atmosphere. I cannot remember if I saw it on the Discovery or Sci-Fi channel, but it looked as if it was on either of those two channels.

Can anyone please help me? For the life of me, I cannot figure this out at all. I have searched all over, on ghost forums, in movie stories, elsewhere on the internet, and I cannot find anything on this. Does this seem familiar to anyone at all? Please help, thanks in advance.

Was the woman Emma Samms and did she have a swiss accent and was she wearing a night gown or a chemise?
Did the ghost look a bit like Brian Dennehy?
Did the music sound like eerie like wahoooooooo or was it plonky piano with violin string stabs?
Were the bannisters carved old wood or were they white and plain?
Was it all grainy and blue?
Was there a narrator talking about stuff in-between the acting scenes and were there cutaway interviews with people looking perturbed?

Last edited:
I will take a look at the video. This is all I can remember.

The hallway (walls and stairs) look much like these light-brown wooded walls and banisters from the Stanley Hotel, a factual haunted place. A picture can be seen here:

http://www.angelsghosts.com/images/stanley-hotel-bellhop-ghost-82012b.jpg

Can't remember what the woman was wearing, but I think she had long hair, was somewhere in her 50s, and I think her hair was straight and light-brown colored. I think she looked like Emma Samms, and I think she did have a Swiss accent, she was most likely wearing a night gown, maybe more of a chemise.

The ghost, as I said, if I remember right, was hidden underneath a light blue sheet. The ghost was the size of an adult, looked like a human hidden in a bed-sheet, and "I think" did not have a face, hands, or feet, but it was so many years ago. However, I think the ghost if was shown as a regular dressed human, he (I definitely think it was a he) would look like Brian Dennehy. Here is a picture on a website about mystagogy, it is just a stock photo, but I think the ghost looked like this (without the eyes or feet, of course, I think it floated walked not regular walked):

MYSTAGOGY: The Complicated Connection Between Religion and the Paranormal

I cannot remember what the room looked like, but I vaguely remember a mirror hung on the wall, a hanging lamp, and windows, all resembling a classic hotel bedroom. I seriously believe this was set in a hotel.

I think it had suspenseful music, I remember the bedroom lights were off, but the bedroom had some sort of strange grainy and bluish hue, like you described. I do not remember the ghost evolving from a light appearing out of nowhere, but I did not watch the entire thing, so maybe I am wrong. As far as the show itself is concerned, the entire scene was shown simultaneously, but it could have been a part of an interview, I do not remember any interviewers though, but once again, I did not watch the entire thing.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember anything else, but I know I am not making this up, and as I said, I remember watching this on TV in 1990-92, can't remember the channel, probably the Science Fiction or History channels (maybe it was an Ancient Mysteries episode), but maybe this will jog some ideas.

For some strange reason, I might be confusing this with the 1992 made-for-TV movie, Intruders, which I remember watching on TV, but I think dealt with alien encounters not ghost encounters.

I watched this video, and it is not it, unfortunately. I do not think the woman was married or had children. I think, as I said, the ghost who returned was the apparition of her former lover, boyfriend or husband, can't remember. It might have also been her mother or mother-in-law. I remember the room was pitch black, and the show/film had an 80s feel, think of "the Last House on the Left." I think it was a movie rather than a television show, but I could be wrong. Some suggested 'the Entity", but that had an invisible spirit, "the Haunting of Sarah Hardy" (which was not about an actual haunting), "Halloween" (80s version) (maybe, but I know there were stairs), "Beetle Juice" (I remember only one ghost, and was not a comedy, but there was a bed-sheeted ghost), and an episode of "Unsolved Mysteries", but someone said that they own the ghost episode set, and this did not appear on any of the episodes. I know I am not making this up, and I know someone in the world has to know it. TV.tropes has a bed-sheeted ghost trope, TV.tropes is a site that lists something, such as I mentioned, and provides examples, for example anime, film, live action TV, literature, etc, but no such luck. It might have been an Amityville Horror film of the series, but I am not entirely sure. Can anyone please help? This has been bugging me for years, and once again, I saw this sometime around on TV in 1989-1991.

Now, I think we should finish this first and find this unidentifiable title out once and for all, but I am looking for another supernatural film, two actually perhaps an anthology TV series. I saw these on TV, too, also live action, around the same time. One featured a woman (dark-haired wearing a raincoat or bathrobe) cooking something in her kitchen, she had a pot of boiling water on her stove. She opened her nearly-empty refrigerator, famished, and found a can of dog food (dog?) behind another jar. She took the food out, poured it in the dog bowl, ate some while I think kneeling on the ground. The dog rushed into the room (the dog was small and grayish white, forgot the breed) and noticed the woman eating its food. The woman stared back at it, and growled with this transformed monstrous greenish face. That is all I can remember, and it is none of the Howling films. The other film involved a late teen walking in a vacant classroom, it was an old fashioned classroom with a blackboard and desks with one chair, the girl had light brown hair and wore black clothes, as she was seen walking towards the front of her class, the disembodied head of a guy (probably her instructor or classmate) flew towards the room eventually landing onto its corpse, which was seen laying down beneath the blackboard near the front desk. I do not think this is any of the Nightmare on Elm Street films, Re-Animator, or Bride of Re-Animator.

Can anyone please help? These mysterious titles have been bugging me for years, and sorry I just remember these three scenes, nothing else of their respective shows. Any help would truly be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Thanks? I don't mean to sound rude, but I have asked about these ghost, woman eating pet food, and flying head in classroom scenes on so many sites, and no one seems to know. I already mentioned, but I will again. These were all live action and shot in color, whether or not they are television shows or movies, I don't know. I saw all on TV.

I saw the head flying in classroom scene in the late 80s, 84-87, I think. A film with a Nightmare on Elm Street feel, but was not one of the films as I recall, was not a nightmare scene, and the disembodied head/corpse were alive.

The woman eating pet food scene in 90-92, someone who saw the same exact scene, but only remembered as much as I do, saw it in the mid 80s. Most likely a werewolf film, as most suggested, I don't remember the dog biting the woman. Might have been an episode of Beyond Belief - Fact or Fiction, or Tales from the Dark Side. For some reason, I remember it was loosely based on a true story. I do not think this was a nightmare scene.

The ghost scene I also saw in 90-92. Most likely it is a show like Haunted Lives - True Ghost Stories, but could have been a ghost movie. Once again, for some strange reason, I think this was loosely based on a true story, and once again, I do not think this was a nightmare scene.

I know this is not much to go on, but does anyone have any suggestions? I do not know who else to ask.

I found out the name of the dog food scene, but I still have not found out the ghost show/film. I tried searching a list of paranormal TV shows, and none seem familiar. I cannot remember when I saw this, but I think 1990-1992, and I saw this on TV (in the U.S.), but perhaps it was a film. I already described the scene, but here it is again:

A woman is laying in bed in her pitch black bedroom. I think she has finished reading, she has a lamp on beside her bed. She hears a noise, we then see a ghost or some similar figure, hidden underneath a blue or white bed sheet, I think without any cut out holes for eyes, so on, slowly walking or floating towards two steps of stairs. As it finally approaches her room, the hallway light on, the door wide open, it floats still for a few minutes, the woman calls out a name, I think the name of her former lover or someone else she knew, no response, the ghost then flies towards her. The woman still lays in bed and tries to kick it away with her covered legs. She screams and fusses. I think she recognizes who the ghost is, and I think the ghost came back for revenge. I think it tried to attack her, but couldn't, no hands or feet. It does not do anything, but floats up at her constantly trying to move its head. I cannot remember what happened after that.

This is NOT Beetle Juice, Halloween (80s), the Entity, an episode of Unsolved Mysteries or Ghost Watch, or the Woman in Black (80s version), but there is a very similar scene in the Woman in Black when a witch-ghost woman tries to scare a old man in his bedroom (available to see on you-tube, it's not long). Very similar, but the victim is a woman (can't remember what the woman looked like), the ghost I think is male and is exactly a ghost, and there is no light just darkness. Though I vaguely remember a bluish hue. I do not know if the woman was married, had children, or any other relatives, and I do not think anyone else was in the house. I have a strong feeling this was set in a hotel, or a house near sea.

The stairs looked much like the stairs from the Stanley Hotel (an actual haunted place), as seen here: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/4e/9e/80/4e9e80ca232639c7383fa74a0a6495a7.jpg
The ghost looked much like: http://2manproduction.com/2manindex/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Ghost-1.jpg

The ghost was undoubtedly someone in costume, but I think since it was supposedly based on an actual event (I do not think it was set up as an interview, but as an reenactment), it was an actual ghost in the show/film, and not someone trying to scare someone else as some sort of prank.

Can anyone please help? I have been trying to figure this out for years! I was a kid when I saw this, so I might be inaccurate about some of the details, but I remember this so clearly, or at least I think do. Any ideas?

I don't think it's Salem Lot or the Norliss tapes, and I could have sworn it just involved a woman and a ghost, I really think it is one of those supernatural shows.

I found a screen cap of the 1964 Outer Limits episode, Wolf 359, which looks quite similar to what I am searching for, but is not it. As seen here:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...AAADMM/W693X2Fr6PQ/s1600/screen-capture-8.png

However, it just involved a woman and it was shot in color. It is NOT Beetle Juice or the 80s version of Halloween.

Could have been the 1995 film, the Sandman, but that came out in 1995.

Back