• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A certain number keeps cropping up

T

Tony2007

I don't know if this is a coincidence or just a product of my burgeoning subconcious, but the number 2013 keeps cropping up. First as a telephone extension, then as a restaurant number. I swore I saw it somewhere else but I can't really recall.

Anyone have any experience with recurring numbers? I'm not sure what it means or how I should break it down. 20 is my birthdate and "lucky number" so to speak. "13" is, of course, typically bad.

Any thoughts?

Tony2007 said:
I don't know if this is a coincidence or just a product of my burgeoning subconcious, but the number 2013 keeps cropping up. First as a telephone extension, then as a restaurant number. I swore I saw it somewhere else but I can't really recall.

Anyone have any experience with recurring numbers? I'm not sure what it means or how I should break it down. 20 is my birthdate and "lucky number" so to speak. "13" is, of course, typically bad.

Any thoughts?

Much of the time it's just selective thinking. We edit out recall and place significance in daily life to certain things that we give meaning to. We ignore the evidence that runs counter more so than the evidence that confirms. You may have encountered all other sorts of similar numbers but paid no attention and not noticed.

But if our beliefs form our reality, as many think, and one believes in numerology, I suppose numerology can be like road signs to that person. Pick a paradigm and listen. The same signs can appear on different roads.

I also suppose if our beliefs form our reality and one does not think that beliefs form their reality, they will experience their beliefs not forming their reality and not know that that is indeed what's going on. Their belief that their beliefs do not form their reality is in action, yet they think that it is proof of the contrary. Sorry, not the easiest thing to word.

I flat out don't believe in repeating numbers. We're innundated with numbers in our daily lives; times, dates, tempurature, prices, etc, etc. Since we're using a decimalized counting system, these numbers are bound to recur at some point.

Hello Tony2007,

Well i guess the number is all in the eye of the beholder. Much like that recent movie with Jim Carrey called "23".

This thread probably applies moreso to the Seer message board. Many have used "Numbers" as an oracle tool, such as was stated in numerology above.

Doreen Virtue Ph. D., is a spiritual new age sort of author that has a number reoccurrence book titled "Angel Numbers". She also has a show on the Hay House publisher radio channel that is simu-cast from their website every so often.

Well, I must admit..I am one of those 11:11 people. It was enough to freak me out for years, but now I have come to realize what it means to me.

Back