• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ally

Skilled Investigator
Since there are so many researchers and decent, credible people that are on these forums I thought I would ask you guys/gals a question.

What significant UFO events happened in 1987 specifically around the month of April. I have a personal theory and just need some more data.

Whitley Strieber's Communion was released in February, 1987 with Budd Hopkin's Intruders launching the same year. Both books created a huge interest in the almost obscure alien abduction phenomena at the time.

April 29 1987; Swansea Wales
10:30 PM. A young woman was returning from a night out with her boyfriend and young child. As the car drove up to the driveway the boyfriend noticed some curious lights reflecting off the car but paid no attention. As the woman walked to the front door she heard her daughter apparently mumbling to herself behind her. The girl suddenly became more agitated and mentioned something about "ghosties." While the woman looked back she was horrified to see a large gray oval shaped craft hovering low over her garden. The craft had a bright light around its rim. Suddenly the object vanished in plain sight. Later the little girl recalled being drawn towards the gray oval craft and talking to somebody. Later both her mother and the little girl had vivid dreams of lights and strange figures, short in stature with huge heads and large eyes that were friendly and said they wanted to help. (Source: Jenny Randles, The UFO World 1989)

more from that year:

http://www.nicap.org/waves/1987fullrep.htm

Paranormal dada,
I also saw that entry in the Wiki and thought the undesirable alien comment was funny!

Maybe it's premature to ask, but what is your theory about, Ally?

I have this jigsaw puzzle called my life. I am trying to put pieces together. I had a long series of very strange things happen in 1986 1987. I was in many different physical locations during that time and was looking at whether any of my experiences involved this phenomenon. I know some of this may sound unbelievable but if I told the entire story it would be much more unblievable. I wouldn't fabricate something especially on this forum.

Also I have been noticing that some of my travels I may think I am going on a trip for one reason and find out when I get there that there is a much larger picture involved.

It is a very long weird story that maybe someday can be told. In 1986 in not a very well state of mind wanted to leave the country for fear of my life. Memories of being experimented on by humans were surfacing after a session with a psychiatrist using "truth serum".

I decided to see a friend in Tuscon AR but ended up in worse shape. I was arrested with a felony trespassing offense (that got dropped) thrown in jail and then ended up in the hospital in and out of a diabetic coma for three days. Prior to getting arrested I was having a Richard Dreyfuss character moment where I felt compelled to go to a certain location in Tuscon where I could physically see but couldn't figure out how to get there. I was not physically or emotionally stable in Tuscon.

After recovered somewhat from all that I then drove to California where I stayed in the LA area for awhile. I ended up getting a passport and took a one way flight into Heathrow London. I got deported back to the United States for insufficient funds and no work permit on April 23, 1987. The only reason I know the specific date is because I still have my old passport. That landed me in New York. After several more places and events ended up in Washington state where I have moved quite a bit but at least have stayed in one state since.

So this theory or I should say question involves was there a bigger picture to my unstable running from my life situation in my twenties. I may never know for sure but if it is shown that some of my moving around had any relation to certain UFO events that would be interesting and another place to look.

Let me add something I am extremely empathic and sensitve so certain world events I can feel. If there was shift of consciouness or celestial events during this time that also would be interesting.

Let me add something I am extremely empathic and sensitve so certain world events I can feel. If there was shift of consciouness or celestial events during this time that also would be interesting.

Apparently there was the harmonic convergence in August, 1987
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonic_Convergence

Funny enough, I understand what your saying, and it is weird, because the time-frame you are describing, and every 10 years or so since then, like: 1987/1988, 1997/1998, 2006/2007 have been times of geographical relocation, illness and overall drama in my life to say the least.

Like yourself, I'm cautious as to what I want to divulge here on the forum, but just so you know I've taken the liberty of starting another thread here: http://forum.theparacast.com/the-ufo-forum-f8/ufo-related-degrees-of-separation-t4510/

I'm hoping other members with better research skills than mine will take the information and run with it. Hopefully not into the ground. :eek:

Chernobyl power plant went up in 1986 - I was also born that year (I'm only a young un!)

Being susceptible to great shifts in consciousness - sounds like a quality that would be possessed by the medicine man or the shaman

The psychiatrist that I was seeing in 1986 said that in another culture I would be considered a shaman. I didn't quite understand what he meant entirely then but I do now. So I guess there is some reason to some of my madness!

Let's not forget about Mr Good's book too. Timothy Good's Above Top Secret the Worldwide UFO Cover-Up was first published in guess what 1987.

Timothy Good disclosure, ufo, authority, ufo cover up, Above Top Secret, The Worldwide UFO Cover-up, Beyond Top Secret, The Worldwide UFO Security Threat, Alien Liaison, The Ultimate Secret, Alien Base, Earth's Encounters with Extraterrestrials, Unearthly Disclosure, Conflicting Interests in the Control of Extraterrestrial Intelligence, Alien Update, Need to Know, UFOs and the Military and Intelligence

Above top Secret was first UFO book that I even owned that was given to me by a guy a didn't know very well. After all the moving and running from my life I finished up my BA degree.

I don't remember when this was given to me except it had to have been somewhere between 1989-91.
I had absolutely no interest in the book or I thought really in the topic until years later. I would still like to know what I said to have been given this book.

Don Ecker just said on the most recent show that the MJ-12 documents were first found out I believe in 1987 too.

The mass consciousness connection is only one angle I am looking at in regards to 1987. I am also looking for more concrete UFO sightings that might be connected... or not to some of my travels. It can't hurt to look.

Chernobyl power plant went up in 1986 - I was also born that year (I'm only a young un!)

That's right, The Chernobyl Incident, or Accident was April 26th, 1986. I was 16, and in the 11th grade at the time. About 3 weeks before the meltdown our class was on a field trip through Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

"On April 5, 1986, a bomb exploded in a discotheque in Berlin frequented by United States service personnel. Of the 200 injured, 63 were American soldiers; one soldier and one civilian were killed."

-excerpt from http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/el_dorado_canyon.htm

My class were admiring the sights in Lucerne, Switzerland that day when the news wires were abuzz about the bombing.

5 days earlier we had been in Vienna, everywhere you looked there were billings plastered on walls in support of Kurt Waldheim who was running for president.

The psychiatrist that I was seeing in 1986 said that in another culture I would be considered a shaman. I didn't quite understand what he meant entirely then but I do now. So I guess there is some reason to some of my madness!

I imagine that many, but clearly not all, but many people that suffer from severe forms of mental illness, and i mean schizophrenia, and all its ugly variations, could have, and perhaps have, walked the path of the shaman. I'm not saying that is the case for you, please don't see it that way - I'm generalizing, of course. The thing is, we don't have any way, in our present culture of working with someone who shows such facets that smack of shamanism. It's a shame, no pun intended. ::)

Paranormal Dada,
No offense taken. I am hopefully over the part of being defensive on this forum. I have PTSS it was much worse when I was seeing this psychiatrist.
If only I would learn to shut up and learn to obey! (extreme sarcasm)

Back