• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread! — Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes , he will be president , but did not win. He's a loser.
You are correct. It was rigged. As he knew well - it had likely been explained to him in detail how the election was in the bag for him - hence why he made that statement that if he didn't win, then it was rigged. :rolleyes: Ha! If it weren't so tragic it would be funny. Orwellian funny. Consider the layer within layer within layer of his statement.

Trump's 'team' knows.
After Months of Predicting a Rigged Election Trump Team Tries to Block Recount
LINK: After Months Of Predicting A Rigged Election Trump Team Tries To Block Recount | Care2 Causes

The quintessential evidence that our sytem is corrupt - and firmly in the grip of someone(s) - is Trump's 'win'. (But as someone mentioned, it's with the complicity of the 40m plus who did not vote - shame).

Trump is not the main actor on the stage calling the shots imo. He got caught in something. I do believe what so many commentators have claimed - that Trump never wanted to win. For him, his presidential run was about promoting his Brand. That it got into the state it did - as a serious candidate - with him actually getting sucked into the presidential-making machinery - will have endless analysis across the decades - and likely surprised him as much as anyone looking from the outside-in.

But what I am wondering: is it really just an out-of-control process that snagged an outlier? A perfect storm? Or was Trump viewed as 'acceptable' because seen as able to be 'managed'? If so, by whom? Who are the string pullers? I think the real story is far more interesting (and devastating) - in that Trump is not the 'in charge' guy - sticking it to 'the system' - that so many of his supporters seem to think. Just a hunch. The future will tell much, of course. Just as Obama could be sand-bagged - President Trump could have something similar occur to him (albeit far more behind-the-scenes) - he's far more vulnerable to that, in fact.

Last edited:
With the greatest respect: everyone knew the rules and the system before the election.

Trump won.

yes he got less votes but that doesn't mean he lost.

However much I disagree with the concept of the college system, it doesn't change the result.

in about a week he will be the POTUS, and he will be so legitimately according to the predefined rules and regulations.

I would rather he wasn't but it is too late now.

I think that the fact the 40 odd percent* didn't even bother to vote says a lot, if the Democrats had put up a better candidate I don't think Trump would be POTUS.

*2016g - United States Elections Project
No , he did not win the election.
He lost it , because he got fewer votes .Is that so hard to understand ?
He wil be president of course , but that is because of this ancient system.
On the other hand , i live in Belgium , we have a king who will be king for the rest of his life , with ZERO votes.

You mean the people whose candidate won, but who ran away because they couldn't stop making personal attacks against people?
My greatest disappointment on this thread has been that the Trump supporters have not been willing to actually engage in debate. That such folk believe that name calling and ad hominem attacks are one-upmanship and 'clears the field' of the opponent's argument is inexplicable to me. They triumphantly make their disparaging remark with a 'virtual' smirk (the ubiquitous LOL - funny in itself but not for the reasons supposed) and apparently believe the one-liner has been the devastating 'mic drop' to the 'other side'. Go figure.

And when I deleted messages that contained personal attacks, the attackers complained. Evidently they have no interest in engaging in a real dialog. When I told them I was just following the rules that have been in effect for years, they ran away. They know who they are.

I imagine that Alex Jones will be or has pointed out that Comet ping pong Pizza incident was a false flag act initiated by the Satan worshipping bodily fluid consuming Podesta.

No , he did not win the election.
He lost it , because he got fewer votes .Is that so hard to understand ?
He wil be president of course , but that is because of this ancient system.
On the other hand , i live in Belgium , we have a king who will be king for the rest of his life , with ZERO votes.

Yes he did win the election according to the preexisting criteria, hence: he will be POTUS.

Trump won the election because he got more votes in the "key" areas, he did not win more votes in total, but that is irrelevant.

My country can go one better: not only do we have a Monarch that no one voted for, we also have a PM that was not elected either!

It may be that we don't engage because we have better things to do. It also doesn't matter because our guy will be president. What goes on in this forum, especially among people who don't even live here, doesn't change anything.

You guys have fun, though. :)

It may be that we don't engage because we have better things to do. It also doesn't matter because our guy will be president. What goes on in this forum, especially among people who don't even live here, doesn't change anything.

We do!

Whilst it might be "fun" for some, the slow, cold realisation that: fact and fiction are blended to an inextricable degree, is depressing, I am still optimistic.

I have learned valuable things during the course of this thread, I believe I am much better informed than I would be hadn't this discourse taken place.

In other words, I disagree when you say "What goes on in this forum, especially among people who don't even live here, doesn't change anything." as a published authour: I would hope that you would agree that words are important?

All the best :)

Whilst it might be "fun" for some, the slow, cold realisation that: fact and fiction are blended to an inextricable degree, is depressing, I am still optimistic.

I have learned valuable things during the course of this thread, I believe I am much better informed than I would be hadn't this discourse taken place.

In other words, I disagree when you say "What goes on in this forum, especially among people who don't even live here, doesn't change anything." as a published authour: I would hope that you would agree that words are important?

All the best :)

Words being important doesn't change my position. :)

Reactions: Han
I tell you what does surprise me though.
The ungracious way some of the winners have behaved here.
You won, Your predictions and preferences were vindicated.
I was taught never kick a man when he's down, Unless of course it looks like he may get up again and keep fighting.
This one is over, Done and dusted. You've had a month to celebrate, Maybe its time to stop rubbing salt into the wound.

I can sort of understand the dynamic behind bad losers, But what drives bad winners eludes me.

I tell you what does surprise me though.
The ungracious way some of the winners have behaved here.
You won, Your predictions and preferences were vindicated.
I was taught never kick a man when he's down, Unless of course it looks like he may get up again and keep fighting.
This one is over, Done and dusted. You've had a month to celebrate, Maybe its time to stop rubbing salt into the wound.

I can sort of understand the dynamic behind bad losers, But what drives bad winners eludes me.
I think you have it backwards Mike. No one is gloating. When a poster tries to explain the Electoral College they get tons of posts stating that Trump won't be the next President. How about all those posts about recounts in 3 states. Any person with some common sense knows that will go nowhere. What is disturbing is those posters don't even live in the US. They don't even have a horse in the race.

This is one reason why many people won't post here anymore. Contrary to what has been stated. I look at it as the inmates are now running the asylum. Besides, I thought this was supposed to be a paranormal/ufo forum. I'm pretty sure its turned into something totally different.

Your message makes it clear why having a reasonable dialog is near-impossible.

The public has the right to question election results, and to ask for recounts under certain circumstances. Few would expect the results to be overturned from checking Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, but if someone wants to pay the fee to have it done, fine. The system should be tested.

It is also possible that at least some electors pledged to Trump won't vote for Trump. In fact, one of them wrote an editorial for a major newspaper. That's news. It may not signify that several dozen will overturn the election by doing the same, but in many states it's not prohibited. But I still think Trump will take the oath of office in January.

As to some posters not living in this country, they also have the right to give their opinion. Having the views of some posters from other countries is valuable, because few people in the U.S. have an accurate picture of what they think.

This is a paranormal/UFO forum for the most part, as you well know from looking at most of the posts. But there are a few general discussion areas, and this thread was designed to focus politics, as much as possible, in one place so people who aren't interested can check out other content.

I think you have it backwards Mike. No one is gloating. When a poster tries to explain the Electoral College they get tons of posts stating that Trump won't be the next President. How about all those posts about recounts in 3 states. Any person with some common sense knows that will go nowhere. What is disturbing is those posters don't even live in the US. They don't even have a horse in the race.

This is one reason why many people won't post here anymore. Contrary to what has been stated. I look at it as the inmates are now running the asylum. Besides, I thought this was supposed to be a paranormal/ufo forum. I'm pretty sure its turned into something totally different.

Trump will be the next president
The recounts wont go anywhere

The world was a size:large.
Then we invented steam engines and trains made it a size:Medium.
Then we invented jumbo jets and it became a size: Small.
Then the Internets, instant global communications, Now its a size:Extra small.

So we do all have a horse in the race. US foreign policy effects all of us. Be that for good or ill.

Its still a Paranormal/UFO forum. This is just one topic and we've always had topics not UFO related here. That this thread has been an active one isn't surprising.
And its Genes sandpit, Hes the least oppressive forum owner I've ever come across, And believe you me, I've run afoul of plenty in my time. He has his personal political pov, Why shouldn't he.
At no stage has he abused his position as far as i can see, there are plenty of participants whose views are opposite his, But since they express themselves with decorum don't break the TOS they are free to express an opposing view.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back