• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Clueless One is Annoying

Free episodes:

scott

Skilled Investigator
I listened carefully to the recent show, and although I wanted very much to buy what Jeremy was saying--about aliens visiting him and waking him up to the Oneness, desiring to wake up all humanity--his rhetoric was very revealing. The man is a nebbish, an irritating fool. He said we have to wake up or "we die on the vine." Okay, I agree with that. But such aliens--if there are such aliens-- arrived here from another dimension or from under the ocean or another solar system and have stayed virtually hidden from six and a half billion people. Wouldn't that make them a lot smarter than the ones who chose to awaken a frantic babbler in Queens? Think about it, does anything about this guy sound remotely "awakened?" Oh, other than his awakening to a new way of getting attention. Let's face it, if the threat of extinction is so impending--and it may well be--the aliens need to wake up our president before he starts another war, our greedy and nefarious vice president, entire cabinet, at least half of the Supreme Court and large chunks of Congress. That would go much much further towards spreading an awakening across the planet than climbing through the spine of a nervous prankster in Queens.

Notice how more often than not, the screed people like Jeremy put out there, is all that New Age, right out of the text book nonsense about global warming, and how we need to save the planet?

In the late cretaceous period, the mean temperature of this planet was about 130 degrees. One would think that we're still in a little ice age.

People who tout this environmentalist mantra nonsense and this peace and love crap are part of the problem with the Abduction phenomena. The reason why they are the problem is because you look mean spirited if you question what they're saying, or why they're saying it.

Who doesn't want a nice habitable planet? Who doesn't want to be in a world full of peace and love? Well... Me for one. A perfect world to the morons who tout this nonsense has no room for individual thought, no real freedom, and certainly no cars for us to drive.

I wish the aliens would instead simply jettison the Liberal abductees out of an airlock. I wish they'd do the same thing with the conservatives too.

Between the lies and conjecture of this Abduction Phenomena, I'm tempted to bail on the whole thing.

Tommy Allison said:
Notice how more often than not, the screed people like Jeremy put out there, is all that New Age, right out of the text book nonsense about global warming, and how we need to save the planet?

In the late cretaceous period, the mean temperature of this planet was about 130 degrees. One would think that we're still in a little ice age.

People who tout this environmentalist mantra nonsense and this peace and love crap are part of the problem with the Abduction phenomena. The reason why they are the problem is because you look mean spirited if you question what they're saying, or why they're saying it.

Who doesn't want a nice habitable planet? Who doesn't want to be in a world full of peace and love? Well... Me for one. A perfect world to the morons who tout this nonsense has no room for individual thought, no real freedom, and certainly no cars for us to drive.

I wish the aliens would instead simply jettison the Liberal abductees out of an airlock. I wish they'd do the same thing with the conservatives too.

Between the lies and conjecture of this Abduction Phenomena, I'm tempted to bail on the whole thing.

Tommy, global warming is no hoax. The entire international scientific community has been on this for years now. Alaska is turning into mud, for God's sake. The ice caps are melting. Look it up. Regardless, the level of hydrocarbons in the atmosphere is unsustainable. There's an epidemic of asthma in virtually every city. Ford had an entire fleet of electric cars. They eliminated them after pressure from the oil companies. Our Defense Department has been working on a nuclear first-strike capability that can be delivered from space. This is no hoax. Militant fundamentalists everywhere would rather make war than cooperate with anyone with a different point of view. Humanity needs to wake up to our interdependence with each other and the planet, and right away. This is the main reason I find Jeremy so annoying. His tone and rhetoric don't match the message by a long shot. His tie-in with "feel-good" aliens sounds juvenile, like he's having a great laugh at everyone's expense. If the aliens were so well-intentioned, they wouldn't choose idiots to be on the front line of their mission.

Actually, Man Made Global Warming is a hoax. Take a look at the surface temps of the other planets, and you'll see that it isn't just the Earth getting warmer. Jupiter spawned a second hurricane on its surface because the surface temps went up about 30 degrees.

Tommy Allison said:
Actually, Man Made Global Warming is a hoax. Take a look at the surface temps of the other planets, and you'll see that it isn't just the Earth getting warmer. Jupiter spawned a second hurricane on its surface because the surface temps went up about 30 degrees.

So we should make pretend it's natural that the oceans have much less fish and are now tainted with mercury, the honey bees are disappearing, the coast of Greenland and the Arctic are dissolving, and do nothing about any of it because Fox News tells you it's all a hoax contrived by evil Hollywood?

The point is, if there are aliens among us, reaching out to us, are they the benevolent ones trying to save us, as described by Vaeni and Greer, or are they the amoral ones, using us, as postulated by David Jacobs, Jeff Ritzman, Stanton Friedman, and Betty and Barnie Hill--or could there be both kinds?

Tone and motivation are so important. If you listen carefully to Vaeni, you hear someone much more concerned with how he's perceived--his image-- than in the actual message he's pretending to convey.

Tommy Allison said:

From one point of view these people who are spreading the new age "save the planet" crap are part of the problem. But if you look at the situation from another point of view they are just an accurate reflection of one real part of the phenomenon.

What I mean is that many of these new age people who are spreading these environmental messages are doing so, not because they are kooks or any less discerning than you, but because they have had contact with the phenomenon directly and it has communicated to them that its agenda involves saving the planet. Whether its agenda is truthfully this or not is another story, but it doesn't change the fact that there is much evidence to support the premise that the ufo phenomenon is communicating this environmental message to a large number of people.

If I had a ufo experience, and the "ufo inhabitants" told me that they wanted me to save the planet, and then I communicated this experience to others, am I thus a kook? Or a "liberal abductee"? Or am I simply relating what happened to me as I perceive it? This is what I mean by the statement that they are just reflections of one legitimate aspect of the phenomenon, whatever it may be.

But maybe you are referring to the less-discerning masses who have had no contact with the phenomenon and jump on the bandwagon. Our "intelligentsia" don't take this existing aspect of our world seriously, and yet they can't seem to make it go away. The people still want answers, and so they jump on the first boat they find.

Tommy Allison said:

All I'm going to say on this topic is this: the fact that the solar system as a whole is getting warmer in no way invalidates the notion that man's industrialization has a direct and notable impact on the earth's ecosystem, on the contrary it would only serve to compound the problem.

You may now resume petty environmentalist arguments such as which scientist are right and which are bought off.

As an andendum though I'd like to add that there's no reason we can't have a clean planet and still have cool cars.

Capn'G is right here and Tommy Allison is in denial.

AFAICT there were no humans during the late cretaceous period, and for good reason, it's outside of our species temperature range.

Just because the past temps were hotter or colder than they are currently is beside the point.
The point is that Humans will become an endangered species if the global temperatures reach 130 degrees and if there is anything we can do to stave off that eventuality than we should by all means do it, and quickly. The same would be true if there were an impending little ice age. Humans (and the species we depend on for survival, like wheat and cows and cocoa;) )can only survive in a limited temperature range. If the temps go outside that range, we are, as a species, toast.

So it doesn't really matter if humans are causing global warming 1% or 100% if we can do anything to keep the temps within an accpatable range we should spare no expense to do it.

Depends upon on the sources you use to formulate your position. I prefer to consult the empirically substantiated findings of climatologists rather than the subjective opinions of politicians, cable channel meteorologists, unqualified media whore academics, activist provocateurs, fringe element zealots, actors and stand up comics turned talk show hosts.
Then again, I suppose I represent only an insignificant minority opinion. Peddling pseudo scientific bullsh*t has always been a profitable profession. There's real money and power to be gained by scaring lazy minded people half to death.

Mogwa said:
Depends upon on the sources you use to formulate your position. I prefer to consult the empirically substantiated findings of climatologists rather than the subjective opinions of politicians, cable channel meteorologists, unqualified media whore academics, activist provocateurs, fringe element zealots, actors and stand up comics turned talk show hosts.
Then again, I suppose I represent only an insignificant minority opinion. Peddling pseudo scientific bullsh*t has always been a profitable profession. There's real money and power to be gained by scaring lazy minded people half to death.

Yes, you'd be surprised how often people are elected to public office pulling that trick.

Mogwa said:

Absolutely - global warming (and cooling) is part of the Earth's *natural* cycle. It's been doing so for millions of years and is heavily influenced by *Solar* activity.

The biggest green-house gas is *water vapour* (making up 85% of all greenhouse gases versus the few percent that is CO2). Water vapour creates cloud cover which affects the climate - cloud cover is influenced by Solar activity which is at it's highest for several hundred years. Other planets in the solar system are also warming up. The 'CO2' alarmists are *ignoring* the effect of water vapour and solar activity on our climate. Why?

A lot of the recent temperature data has been collected in developed areas - all that concrete and glass will affect the temperature of the surrounding area but nobody seems willing to factor that into the data showing a minor increase in ambient temperatures...

Experiments have shown that water vapour can affect atmospheric temperature - no experiments have yet shown that CO2 has the same effect. The temperature rises predicted by the 'alarmists' are based on computer models, not experimental data. All you 'skeptics' should be jumping up and down and demanding to see the affects of CO2 demonstrated in a lab - you demand the same for everything else discussed on this board.

The IPCC is a *political* organisation who came up with a 'CO2' conclusion first to promote their own agendas and then funded research institutes to find *evidence* to support their conclusion (there's *no proof* for the man-made CO2 explanation). It's a technique that has been used for decades.

At the end of the day, the processes that control the Earth's climate are *complex* and pinning your entire effort to combat 'climate change' on a single (minor) factor is just ridiculous.

Nobody is *denying* that Global Warming is real. Nobody is pro-pollution. Nobody wants to wipe-out the human race. But their are groups who will profit from the 'hysteria' that they've created over man-made CO2. So yeah, you might think you look cool by joining the crowd and jumping on the CO2 bandwagon, but the reality is that your just being manipulated by the propaganda.

BTW, the oil companies can go bust tomorrow, for all I care - I believe *clean and free* power sources have been suppressed for years, so don't go accusing me of being 'pro-oil'.

Maybe there's GW, maybe there isn't. I see no reason to conclude either/or. It's like abortion. Both sides have good and bad arguments.

Anyway, if people want to take better care of the Earth because they believe in GW which doesn't exist (lets assume) fine by me. Beats being "right" but fueling the idea of being less conscientious about our home. Better to be safe than sorry.

The Earth doesn't need saved, we do.

A.LeClair said:
Maybe there's GW, maybe there isn't. I see no reason to conclude either/or. It's like abortion. Both sides have good and bad arguments.

Anyway, if people want to take better care of the Earth because they believe in GW which doesn't exist (lets assume) fine by me. Beats being "right" but fueling the idea of being less conscientious about our home. Better to be safe than sorry.

The Earth doesn't need saved, we do.

Yes - but when we say 'people' we really mean the big industry's. I mean, who's making the most CO2, is it me or a coal-powered power-station? Did I choose to have a petrol engine in my car? Would I have a cleaner alternative if I had the choice - of course I would. At the end of the day, individuals can jump up and down and point fingers at other 'less-green' individuals, but it's *industry* that has to bring in the changes.

What really annoys me is the 'carbon trading' market - the UK energy companies have to buy enough carbon credits to produce energy for their customers. For the first year (2005/6 I think), the UK energy companies were given £800 million (about US$1,600 million) in carbon credits *for free* by the carbon-credit trading authorities (whoever they may be) BUT the companies added the cost of those carbon credits to consumer's bills!! In other words, they collected an extra £800 million for nothing while telling the consumers it was a penalty for carbon credits!! Is this really helping to save the planet or is it just another money-making scheme?

CapnG said:
All I'm going to say on this topic is this: the fact that the solar system as a whole is getting warmer in no way invalidates the notion that man's industrialization has a direct and notable impact on the earth's ecosystem, on the contrary it would only serve to compound the problem.

You may now resume petty environmentalist arguments such as which scientist are right and which are bought off.

As an andendum though I'd like to add that there's no reason we can't have a clean planet and still have cool cars.

Let's think on this for a moment.

I in no way advocate a dirty planet. What you fail to understand, as it is with people who cannot be convinced otherwise of their point of view, is that Man Made Global Warming is a hoax. Consider this for one moment.

In the 1600's , it was hotter than it is today. Yes, that's right moron, it was hotter than it is today. They didn't have SUV's, Pavement, Cars, Carbon Emissions on the scale of what China belches out every day. We also didn't have a 10th of the population. So, Why was it hotter back then??? Wow... Yeah, I'm waiting for your illuminating answer.

It's solar, it's not Man Made, nor is it anything to do with mankind. Weather is cyclical, it gets hot, it cools down. IN FACT, we're being told now that we're going to hit a cooling cycle. OF COURSE WHEN IT HAPPENS, THE LYING SACKS OF CRAP WHO WANT TO DESTROY INDUSTRY WILL CLAIM THEY WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COOLING OFF!!!

You people who believe that humans are destroying the planet, need to take a good hard look at who's doing the most destroying. The United States has the most stringent laws on the Environment AS IT IS!!! When is China, India, Africa, Russia, and the EU going to be brought to heel?

Never. ALL of the treaties are directly at curbing the United States' ability to be an industrial nation. Then again, the people who preach this nonsense about how we're destroying the planet, will be the people who procreate the most leaving us with a world that looks like it came straight out of "Idiocracy".

Tommy Allison said:
Let's think on this for a moment.

I in no way advocate a dirty planet. What you fail to understand, as it is with people who cannot be convinced otherwise of their point of view, is that Man Made Global Warming is a hoax. Consider this for one moment.

In the 1600's , it was hotter than it is today. Yes, that's right moron, it was hotter than it is today. They didn't have SUV's, Pavement, Cars, Carbon Emissions on the scale of what China belches out every day. We also didn't have a 10th of the population. So, Why was it hotter back then??? Wow... Yeah, I'm waiting for your illuminating answer.

It's solar, it's not Man Made, nor is it anything to do with mankind. Weather is cyclical, it gets hot, it cools down. IN FACT, we're being told now that we're going to hit a cooling cycle. OF COURSE WHEN IT HAPPENS, THE LYING SACKS OF CRAP WHO WANT TO DESTROY INDUSTRY WILL CLAIM THEY WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COOLING OFF!!!

You people who believe that humans are destroying the planet, need to take a good hard look at who's doing the most destroying. The United States has the most stringent laws on the Environment AS IT IS!!! When is China, India, Africa, Russia, and the EU going to be brought to heel?

Never. ALL of the treaties are directly at curbing the United States' ability to be an industrial nation. Then again, the people who preach this nonsense about how we're destroying the planet, will be the people who procreate the most leaving us with a world that looks like it came straight out of "Idiocracy".

Just imagine the boon for industry if we became the world leaders, the cutting edge for technologies of solar, wind, tidal wave, etc. We were the first entrepreneurs in these areas. It was Reagan who immediately removed the solar panels from the White House. If oil didn't own our politicians, right now every one of us could be driving a car and lighting our homes in ways that produce little or no pollution.

But let's get back to the subject: Do you think Mr. Vaeni has credibility? Are aliens visiting people in their bedrooms and teaching them yoga?

I had said it was all I was going to say but then I read this:

Tommy Allison said:

Such a shame. I liked you up til this point, Tommy. Respected you as an artist, enjoyed your alien head movie, thought your position on Pye was well rounded and well stated. Now this, insults and condescending dialogue. I'm stunned at such a vitriolic response to an otherwise neutral statement.

As for your question, I have no answer other than to say it was simply hotter then but of course it could be an anomolous cherry-picked bit of data used to prop-up counter arguments. Either way, I don't know. I do know however that you'd have to be totally insane to believe that 200+ years of human industrialization has had zero impact on earth's biosphere, espescially in the last 50 years when countries like China and India have really ramped up.

And as for this foam-at-the-mouth, knee-jerk nonsense:

Tommy Allison said:
OF COURSE WHEN IT HAPPENS, THE LYING SACKS OF CRAP WHO WANT TO DESTROY INDUSTRY WILL CLAIM THEY WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COOLING OFF!!!

Yes, because that's the goal... the destruction of industry.

Unbelievable.

Tommy Allison said:
Then again, the people who preach this nonsense about how we're destroying the planet, will be the people who procreate the most leaving us with a world that looks like it came straight out of "Idiocracy".

Haven't seen it but from what I recall of the trailer it's pretty clear the breeders aren't the types who'd believe in global warming because FOX told them not to. Plus Jesus might not rapture them away when the end times come if they did.

Back