• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Suggestion for new forum

Free episodes:

Yes indeed if you look at the reality without the filters of religious brainwashing it all becomes clear.

Bit by bit we have replaced superstition and ignorance with scientific evidence and knowledge.

Science Guy Promotes Evolution Over Creationism - Science News - redOrbit

Very nice quote Mike and it fits how I see things very well.

I was once a Christian as I have said before but the more I questioned that belief the more I came to understand that to hold onto it was inconsistent with the world I was living in.

Oh and speaking of things that the early humans thought a divine sign .. I am watching a partial eclipse :)

Hey Stoney, so you don't live that far north in Australia for the total ecplipse?
Still, I'm totally jealous! A partial can be better in some ways than a total eclpise!
Lucky dawg!

In 1878 Thomas Edison traveled to Wyoming to view a total eclipse. He set up his scientific instruments in a chicken coop but as the Sun dimmed the chickens came in to roost.

The Inventor spent so much time fighting chickens that he had only a few seconds of the more than three minutes of totality to make his observations.

Hey Stoney, so you don't live that far north in Australia for the total ecplipse?
Still, I'm totally jealous! A partial can be better in some ways than a total eclpise!
Lucky dawg!

Thanks man I have been looking forward to this one as the lunar eclipse was a washout thanks to overcast sky's .. I missed it :(
But today its clear from horizon to horizon .. so I have the scope out and reflecting the sun on a bit of black card.. Only going to get a 50-60% eclipse here but its enough :)

lol trying but its still eating the sun!!!!!

On a more serious note: ‘Destroy the idols,’ Egyptian jihadist calls for removal of Sphinx, Pyramids

The religion of peace .. yeah right.

Isnt that insane ?

They are a funny bunch, we had one in the local 501st garrison, he had a regular stormtrooper, a snow trooper and a biker scout.
But he had an issue with the mannequins, since islam forbids statues (we use mannys to display the armour)
According to his faith angels cant come into a house with any sort of statue or human figures.

Islam Prohibits Statues

So he got around it by cutting the faces of his mannys, although i always thought the armour as displayed still had ears eyes and a mouth.
He had to sell off all his action figures too, well the human ones, R2D2 was ok, han solo was not

Crazy stuff

Fundie islam concerns me just as much as fundie Xstians do.
Crazy people with a brainwashed disconnect from reality, but this is precisely why i fight against such ignorance and superstition wherever i can.
All it takes for this BS to take hold, is for the rational minded to turn a blind eye.
What they did to those statues in afghanistan still burns my arse, they can blow up someone elses icons, but wipe your arse with a page from the koran, and you will have a hundred thousand nutters calling for you to be beheaded.
The sooner this planet is rid of all superstitious BS the better

Isnt that insane ?

They are a funny bunch, we had one in the local 501st garrison, he had a regular stormtrooper, a snow trooper and a biker scout.
But he had an issue with the mannequins, since islam forbids statues (we use mannys to display the armour)
According to his faith angels cant come into a house with any sort of statue or human figures.

Islam Prohibits Statues

So he got around it by cutting the faces of his mannys, although i always thought the armour as displayed still had ears eyes and a mouth.
He had to sell off all his action figures too, well the human ones, R2D2 was ok, han solo was not

Crazy stuff

Fundie islam concerns me just as much as fundie Xstians do.
Crazy people with a brainwashed disconnect from reality, but this is precisely why i fight against such ignorance and superstition wherever i can.
All it takes for this BS to take hold, is for the rational minded to turn a blind eye.
What they did to those statues in afghanistan still burns my arse, they can blow up someone elses icons, but wipe your arse with a page from the koran, and you will have a hundred thousand nutters calling for you to be beheaded.
The sooner this planet is rid of all superstitious BS the better

They could damage the Sphinx I guess and badly, but the Pyramids? lol imagine the amount of TNT you would need to destroy them.. nope not going to happen.
But they are not the only priceless items of history in Egypt and the very idea of destroying the history of humanity enrages me no end.

I have an idea so hear me out and let me know if its a bit extreme.

what say we let them try to destroy one of the Pyramids but they can only do it one jihadist at a time with explosives strapped to them.
could be a very lulzy way of getting rid of a few extremist halfwits don't you think?

I have an idea so hear me out and let me know if its a bit extreme. what say we let them try to destroy one of the Pyramids but they can only do it one jihadist at a time with explosives strapped to them. could be a very lulzy way of getting rid of a few extremist halfwits don't you think?

I've always thought that using suicide bombers was a particularly self-defeating tactic. It also indicates a high level of desperation and that their ability to attack us on our soil is extremely limited. Therefore wasting our resources going all the way over there to get blown up by an IED, RPG, land mine or whatever else, is equally suicidal. I mean really ... think about it logically. They have no real armed forces, their weapons are mostly stolen or improvised and their most feared weapon is suicide bombers. Compared to a super power like the USA that is laughable. All the immense resources poured into the wars over there would have been much better spent domestically to educate, house, and provide relief from natural disasters at home.

Back