• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Stalking the Herd is FINALLY completed!

I am proud to announce that after a long 16 months of writing and researching "Stalking the Herd" is finished (all 563 pages of it) and the completed manuscript will be winging its way to the printer Monday.

:eek: Don't need the printer: e-version please!!!

Aside from that...I don't know what to think about the mutilations. From what I have seen & heard (incl. LMH dronings) & (which has not nearly been anything like 16 months and more of work & research), I don't see the mutilations as anything but the government covering their butts by doing some monitoring of some Name Your New Disease/BioWeapon residual on the local livestock eating, drinking and breathing contaminated stuffs. I am not convinced of paranormal intrusions on these...with the possible exception of the few incidents I read about from the Sherman Ranch.

I'm guessing that's why reading your book might be necessary...E book, though. Ebook format of some sort!

Chris, maybe you can raise some extra funds by offering a limited edition hardcover version of your book for a much higher price, that you can sign. I seem to remember Adam Gorightly did the same thing on his last Manson book and he sold the limited hardcovers for around $60.00. I think he made around 100 of them. just a thought.

With all the teasing about this book, I am actually very excited start in on this book. I purchased the PDF version, as I read everything on my Ipad. I'm guessing the PDF gets emailed to me? I can't wait!..

Continued: I received the PDF version last night from from Chris. After putting it on my Ipad, I took a glance through... WOW! Half way through the first chapter and I can already tell you've done your homework. Just glancing through the book, one can tell this is clearly an in dept, level headed look into the whole mute phenom. Very nice work Chris.

Last edited:
I received the PDF version last night from from Chris. After putting it on my Ipad, I took a glance through... WOW! Half way through the first chapter and I can already tell you've done your homework. Just glancing through the book, one can tell this is clearly an in depth, level headed look into the whole mute phenom. Very nice work Chris.
Thanks Lenny— you should mention that to Lance Moody, our resident skeptic. He thinks that STH is "a long one-sided work on the paranormal." Nothing could be further from the truth. I suppose that sometimes the messenger gets the brunt of the backlash as a result of a unpleasant message well delivered.

Thanks Lenny— you should mention that to Lance Moody, our resident skeptic. He thinks that STH is "a long one-sided work on the paranormal." Nothing could be further from the truth. I suppose that sometimes the messenger gets the brunt of the backlash as a result of a unpleasant message well delivered.
Well, from what I can see from a quick glance, one-sided seems to be far from the truth. But unfortunately some skeptics (which I believe are very important to be/have) will never see anything that they already don't believe. Who knows the 100% truth..? Not I, but I refused to close my mind to all possibilities until they are proven wrong. As you say... "Our Strange Planet",and anything is possible!

Drat. I made a pre-order of the book on The Book Depository about 3 weeks ago, and now I've received the message that the book is currently unavailable & they're giving me a refund :-/
Stalking the Herd was printed this week. I expect to receive my first shipment of books next week. You can go to my website and order there. I'll sign it for you, if you'd like. Or you can get an e-version/pdf.

Stalking the Herd was printed this week. I expect to receive my first shipment of books next week. You can go to my website and order there. I'll sign it for you, if you'd like. Or you can get an e-version/pdf.

I just placed the order :)

--And I'm willing to pay the extra 10 bucks per shipment because I want the signed version for my collection, so you'd better not screw up with the handwriting, Chris! :p

Cool!! Really looking forward Chris. I just received James Carpenters First Sight book today so by the time I finish it, STH should arrive fairly shortly thereafter. No rush though my friend. This one is well worth the wait.

I'm really looking forward to reading this long-awaited epic Chris.

Amazon UK currently list it as unavailable so I suppose I'll have to wait a while (I'd rather have the physical book than the PDF - call me a traditionalist ;)) but like they say, "all good things come to those who wait.."
By the way, would you be able to ship a signed copy to the UK or would the postage/carriage costs be prohibitive?

Cheers,

Dave.

This weekend I'll d/l the ebook version to tide me over while waiting for the Autigraphed PB copy.

Skepticism is important. I am skeptical of many things. There are many things I just don't know enough about to form a definitive conclusion. Professional skeptics are a totally different group: their minds don't seem open to accept anything but the most mundane explanation. I suspect the 'world' is much too complex for simplistic explanations and must include some of those things which we just can't understand from our limited perspective.

That said, to keep this on topic: I am still working my way through the mysterious valley trilogy ebooks (wonderful stuff btw!!!!). I have a question on the Herd book, though. Is it just a list of factual instances of mutilations or does it delve into more, like but not exclusive to theories of how/why/who? One of the latest episodes of the Paracast talking about the sequel got me a little confused - not an unusual thing for me reading/hearing about the paranormal).

Yes I could. It would be an extra &10 US but I'll throw in a sweetener to make it worth it!

Hey Chris,

Just about to place a PayPal order via the STH website - if I add a note regarding getting my copy autographed with the PayPal order will you get to see it or are your publishers handling shipping?

Thanks in advance,

D.

Back