• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ryan Skinner - Skinwalker Ranch

The betting pools that were in place indicate that the the local tribes knew there was some heavy stuff going down even before The Sherman's or Bigelow had moved in, because of the legends about the cursed land (probably) NOT because they knew the military was lurking in wait anxious to screw with everyone's heads, who dared to show their face. I can't say for sure because i wasn't there. Still with Mr. Bigelow now squatting ..not in the legal sense... on the land and not the military even though the military is involved in some causes, i'm more inclined to go with the possibility that they are there because of a collaboration with Mr. Bigelow, both sides had something to gain in such a patnership, granted in the book HFTS there is mention of machinery trpe sound coming from underground which is suspicious and seems to indicate that there could be direct military involvement while the Sherman's were on the property. Would you give consideration to the possibility that any underground activity that involved the military was that maybe they also had the feeling that weird stuff was going on and perhaps they wanted to harnass whatever energy could be there on the QT ? The fact that the Sherman's were run of could have been a happy by product.All the better to study whatever force was harrasing the prvious families. the fact that Mr B got the land, whatever the sequence of events that got him there woudl give them somebody they could work with. The way i had (misread) your posts..mea culpa...indicated to me that you thought there was some sort of conspiracy on the tribes part to run off Sherman and whoever else was there. Your mentioning of the tribes not wanting him there in the first place , which i certainly wouldn't argue with..made it come across as there was some kind of shenanigans between serval agencies including tribal black ops, though i have yet to come across anything about Native American/Tribal black ops operations on near the ranch..Not even a rumor.

As far as these betting pools about how long the Sherman's or even Bigelow sticking around i don't know how much weight i'd give to them if you want to suggest possible motive for the tribes themselves to pile on the Shermans . Hell, if you told me you were going to try to jump the grand canyon in a motorcycle, i would probably join a betting pool on the outcome, doesn't mean that i have any direct involvement or any thing to gain other than winning the pool. It certainly doesn't mean i would conspire to do anything to see that you did or didn't make it. which is the way i read your post. but for the record i would hope that you would make it, but i'd probably bet that you wouldn't. It doesn't mean that i would mess around with your rocket bike, or whatever you are going to use in your jump,+ which sounds like what your suggestion is with the Tribal Black Ops teams and Mr. Sherman's cattle.

On the same page that David mentions the betting pools on skinwalkerranch.org it also mentions that a couple of instances where military officers showed up showing an interest. It could show that they were monitoring a psyops that could have been in place and dropped in or spied on Mr. Sherman to see how he was doing, it could also indiicate they suspected there was something afoot and they wanted in and apparently eventually got in, in a way. I would say that the military wouldn't want to go through the costs involved unless they were sure there was something there, once they could with an reasonable amount of suspicion, sure they could have piled on with the psyops but not necessarily for studying the effect on Mr. Sherman but to encourage him to leave.

My point here is any pools involved had less to do with any land transfer and more to indicate that things were just too hot to think anybody that moved in wouldn't stay for long. I would say this would bolster the school of thought that there was some bad mojo here aside from the military unless the military desired that Mr. Sherman profited some for being such a good sport and putting up with their crap.

SKINWALKER RANCH .

I'll say it again - I swear this character is either a competitor writer of another books on The Skinwalker Ranch or works for another publisher's PR department and is doing a really good job hijacking this thread. Or... if that's not the truth than this character [...] who is jealous of Ryan and his success and wants to ruin it. If he can't ruin it then he wants to attach his name to Ryan's success.
You're being paranoid about this. And, I certainly am not jealous in any way shape or form of Ryan, no way! Look, bottom line, I think I found a glaring error in his book that is misleading, and I want Ryan to explain why it is not an error or to correct it if it is. Also, I just have 3 simple questions he can respond to. I know he could do this in less than 10min of his time. I bought his book.

If I was an author, then I would answer the simple questions I'm posing.
I'm angry about this because I consider Ryan and DL new friends of mine. I choose to "spend time" with them when I read their book and talk about what I think via my own experience in the area. [...] To try and take dump on Ryan's life's work via hijacking this thread is criminal.
Criminal? A Dump? Seriously? :)

Have you been to the ranch? How much time have you spent there?

Last edited:
My point here is any pools involved had less to do with any land transfer and more to indicate that things were just too hot to think anybody that moved in wouldn't stay for long. I would say this would bolster the school of thought that there was some bad mojo here aside from the military unless the military desired that Mr. Sherman profited some for being such a good sport and putting up with their crap.
Things to consider:

1) Land was vacant for about 7 years. Mrs. Meyers had died. This means Sherman was probably interfering with something going on there. UNLESS, of course, Sherman is the Hoaxer! (I have PROVEN that is possible too!!!)

2) Land is considered TABOO by Indians. A No Mans Land. Indian Burial Grounds are rumored to be there too. Bad things can happen to "white men" that trespass on sacred ground. Btw, this is just a theoretical idea. I'm NOT pushing it, BUT PLEASE watch the movie: Jeremiah Johnson -seriously! <--THAT IS AN AWESOME MOVIE.

3) Your point is excellent about the military coming around. I gave full references to this already. Including the information and links to Ryan's website about it too. See posts: #191 and #196.

Wade, and Everyone:

Please consider that there is a long enough timeline that all might have been involved at one time or another and more than once too??? This is not necessarily one continuous set of players cooperating since 1994. (That is highly unlikely, imo.)

Last edited:
1. Ryan proposes that the Skinwalker is able to manipulate the individual's mind to produce perception and imagery. Such a proposal is consistent with Native American lore and legend consistent with the Skinwalker and is suggestive of why he would perceive one thing and his companion another.
2. Charles M. is a typo. The reference is to Charles Wynn, a local with whom Ryan had multiple conversations about the phenomena in the area. The book provides a disclaimer as to typos and other structural concerns. However, this is an error that I will correct in the text.
3. I can only speak from my own experience. In my time knowing and working with Ryan, I have no reason to believe any of his interactions relative to the Ranch are in anyway drug induced. Further, it is I who wrote the complete content to Book 1 of No Trespassing. It is also I who am intrigued with the influence of Peyote and Uintah Lily. It is documented that the Anasazi and other Native Americans indigenous to the area believed the use of these natural narcotics allowed one to see entities supposedly originating from alternate dimensions.
Hopefully this answers your speculative concerns.

Things to consider:

1) Land was vacant for about 7 years. Mrs. Meyers had died. This means Sherman was probably interfering with something going on there. UNLESS, of course, Sherman is the Hoaxer! (I have PROVEN that is possible too!!!)

2) Land is considered TABOO by Indians. A No Mans Land. Indian Burial Grounds are rumored to be there too. Bad things can happen to "white men" that trespass on sacred ground. Btw, this is just a theoretical idea. I'm NOT pushing it, BUT PLEASE watch the movie: Jeremiah Johnson -seriously! <--THAT IS AN AWESOME MOVIE.

3) Your point is excellent about the military coming around. I gave full references to this already. Including the information and links to Ryan's website about it too. See posts: #191 and #196.

Wade, and Everyone:

Please consider that there is a long enough timeline that all might have been involved at one time or another and more than once too??? This is not necessarily one continuous set of players cooperating since 1994. (That is highly unlikely, imo.)

I am confused why you choose to believe certain sources and disregard so quickly others, yet have no further substantiation of one over the other. You routinely refer to Chip as a reliable source, but ignore that this same individual provides significant material in the book, which although in no way contradicting anything that he said prior, fails to build upon it while at the same time omitting any further reference.
While I too love the movie Jeremiah Johnson, there is no relation between the 7 years the Meyer’s property was vacant and Sherman’s purchase and sale of the same. The Sherman property was not considered taboo, and the burial ground is on the Hicken’s property on the other side of the main road and south of the reservoir.
There is little substantiation of a military presence on or near the Ranch before and during ownership by Bigelow. And while there is cross-reference to government financial contributions, it seems to have been for a period of a year and then stopped.
If you are interested in topic movies watch RESOLUTION.

1. Ryan proposes that the Skinwalker is able to manipulate the individual's mind to produce perception and imagery. Such a proposal is consistent with Native American lore and legend consistent with the Skinwalker and is suggestive of why he would perceive one thing and his companion another.

Its also consistant with a technological mechansim as per the links ive provided in the past.

What gets interesting here is the Native Lore aspect, If these are technological mechanisms rather than supernatural ones and they date back long before we have had this technology (both publically acknowledged, and black budget advanced speculations)
Then what is using it ?

Of course if, and its always an IF since i dont know, this is Human technology, they may simply be piggybacking onto local lore and legend as a means of camoflage

Another completely out there scenario is ET set up a base there, and did the same, used local legend to form the template of its security system

Ive recounted a story here before about an alleged ET base in the national park near me, There are some similarities

Air force involvment confirmed by me directly, dogs becoming freaked out in a certain area, voices in the head on entering a certain area, orbs and bangs seen and heard coming from remote places.
Odd encounters, such as the man in the three peice suit who some hikers on a 3 day trek found standing in the path, literally days walk from civilisation with no other way in except on foot (or as they speculated dropped in by helicopter)

This guy was reported as being very clean, not sweaty and dirty as you would expect from someone who had hiked a day to get there, the 3 piece suit was highly strange and out of place, being dropped in by helo was the only explanation, but made no sense regardless.
Those who saw him "lost" half a day in missing time as well

The guy who related the alien base stuff to me, was of the mind there was a securitry system in place around the base that freaked out dogs and messed with your mind to get you to stay away

I just wanted to jump into this thread to say that I bought the book and I'm really, really, really enjoying reading it. I love the way the different types of documents give you a kind of fly-on-the-wall view from various perspectives. The writing is really good and the material is presented clearly and logically which makes a strong contrast to the very creepy content. Even if I hate the second half of the book, this has got to be the best three dollars I ever spent.
Hello Sue, I'm glad you enjoyed the book. While I like the first part of the book, the second part has some entertaining narratives of those that claim having had actual encounters.

I am confused why you choose to believe certain sources and disregard so quickly others, yet have no further substantiation of one over the other.
Please be specific. Examples please?
There is little substantiation of a military presence on or near the Ranch before and during ownership by Bigelow.
NOT according to Ryan's website and his own posts I've quoted too. See my previous posts yesterday and today that refer to such connections. Also, "military presence" IS very misleading! Everything is running Black Op and Covert... so, yeah, there is 'no overt' military presence.

Also, not according to Knapp's interview: TERRY SHERMAN WAS CONVINCED HUMAN PSYOPS was running on his property and nearby. For gosh sakes, he spent years trying to catch these people going out at night to "catch them in the act". Seems he was NOT AFRAID of the Skinwalkers! I wonder why??? :)

Last edited:
Hello Sue, I'm glad you enjoyed the book. While I like the first part of the book, the second part has some entertaining narratives of those that claim having had actual encounters.

I am savoring finishing it. I will definitely write a review on Amazon to help other people who like this kind of thing find the book. Just glad I don't have to deal with such matters IRL.

NOT according to Ryan's website and his own posts I've quoted too. See my previous posts yesterday and today that refer to such connections. Also, "military presence" IS very misleading! Everything is running Black Op and Covert... so, yeah, there is 'no overt' military presence.

Also, not according to Knapp's interview: TERRY SHERMAN WAS CONVINCED HUMAN PSYOPS was running on his property and nearby. For gosh sakes, he spent years trying to catch these people going out at night to "catch them in the act". Seems he was NOT AFRAID of the Skinwalkers! I wonder why??? :)
I'm confused by the years reference. Who, Terry Sherman? The Shermans only owned the ranch for little more than 18 months. And unless I'm incorrect, it was Knapp/Kelleher that wrote of a bullet proof wolf, which neither Sherman mentions in any other cross reference. While locals mention shooting at an unidentified creature, it was with pellet guns. I've shot small animals with a pellet gun and received little more than a disinterested look. PSYOPS nearby? Where? Have you taken the time to look at the property? You can do so on MapQuest. Outside of Duchesne, a very small "city", there isn't much out there.

Please confirm with Ryan too that this idea you propose is also Ryan's idea and not just yours concerning his "wolf vision".

Thank you.

Please confirm with Ryan too that this idea you propose is also Ryan's idea and not just yours concerning his "wolf vision".

Thank you.
There is no need to confirm it. He says as much in very clear language in his first book. In our second book he states:
For whatever reason, I felt the wolf was what "it" thought I wanted or needed to see...I think it knew I could not handle more than something I recognized. [So] no, just different things.
Now I understand the language is not as exact as you need it to be, but we call this inference or from the perspective of the person reading it interpretation. We then match the various statements and look for support or negation.

PSYOPS nearby? Where? Have you taken the time to look at the property?
IF ( <--HUGE IF ) we are to believe Terry Sherman, then I assume these are coming down from Aerial Objects of some kind. I have no details except I have some evidence these are Human created. You have to ask those that knew what Terry meant by PSYOPS. YOU do not know Terry, and Ryan says he has NEVER spoken with Terry!

It is Knapp and Kelleher that knew Terry Sherman for a long period of time. They got his story straight, imo, whatever 'that' was going to be. It's just that when one begins to add everything up, then some of the stories are essentially FANTASY (not physical) mind based, or truly not believable. Someone is lying or delusional to infer it's real.

But it may be real inside their head and yours too. :)

Last edited:

So Black Op and Covert on Sherman's property, but not on Garcia's which is just the other side of the east gate? According to the very sources you so liberally quote, Garcia makes statements that deny any odd goings-on. Now I assume you'll ask me to find and quote those statements for you.

IF ( <--HUGE IF ) we are to believe Terry Sherman, then I assume these are coming down from Aerial Objects of some kind. I have no details except I have some evidence these are Human created. You have to ask those that knew Terry. YOU do not know Terry, and Ryan says he has NEVER spoken with Terry!

It is Knapp and Kelleher that knew Terry Sherman for a long period of time. They got his story straight, imo, whatever 'that' was going to be. It's just that when one begins to add everything up the some of the stories are essentially FANTASY (not physical) mind based, or truly not believable. Someone is lying or delusional to infer it's real.

But it may be real inside their head and yours too. :)
I make no claim on one side of the story or the other. Nor does our book, by the way. In fact, it is presented as a narrative only. Did you read any of Muldoon's claims? An individual like you could get caught up in his stuff to the point of no return. As for me and the book, I simply presented the material as it came to me. As for the Shermans, again, you conveniently ignore statements by the family member that Knapp and Kelleher embellished significant parts of their book as it pertains to their experiences. It seems you have decided which one of those experiences apply. Finally, what came down from the anomalies? PsyOps? Psychological manipulation? I have to admit my understanding of this process is different than yours.

You know, this IS a little addictive, I think I'm getting an adrenaline rush. Please somebody stop me before I type again.
Best thing I ever did since page 17 in this topic is bock him/her. Reminds me of my dad in a horrible Sean Connery impersonation - "Indiana... let it go!"

To all that have purchased and read or are reading the book, thank you. Please do leave a review on Amazon.
I'll say it an amazing book here and in my review on my own site. But I have to ask you guys something... which I'll use to start another thread.

So Black Op and Covert on Sherman's property, but not on Garcia's which is just the other side of the east gate? According to the very sources you so liberally quote, Garcia makes statements that deny any odd goings-on. Now I assume you'll ask me to find and quote those statements for you.
It's easy to distort everything I've been suggesting... you can NOT reduce it to your concise falsehood in a couple of sentences. Ridiculous.

My "Garcia" SON's "testimony" PREDATES the Shermans' time at the ranch, and this has 'nothing to do' with what Terry Sherman says happened. (I've quoted more than one Sherman source, btw, before Knapp regarding the PSYOPS.)

Last edited:
As for the Shermans, again, you conveniently ignore statements by the family member that Knapp and Kelleher embellished significant parts of their book as it pertains to their experiences. It seems you have decided which one of those experiences apply.
It's just the opposite. I have VERY CAREFULLY read several times what was said by Resident (Gwen Sherman if we are to believe Ryan). Ryan 'specifically' asked her 'point blank' to correct any errors or mistakes in Knapp's book, AND SHE NEVER DID.

Yes, and I paraphrased EXACTLY her meaning from what she did say BEFORE Ryan asked for the corrections. Here is what she said, I'm paraphrasing: (It's the last sentence in the first paragraph below.)

PLEASE NOTE: Nowhere in Ryan's book does Resident complain to Ryan about Knapp lying about the Wolf Story, but they discuss several sightings of The Wolf AND Knapp too!!! In Ryan's book he pointedly asks Resident for any mistakes or errors that Knapp made. Resident corrects nothing about that question. Previously, Resident said some was correct, lots missing, and some twisted together, but, again, nothing is said against The Wolf story in Knapp's book, period.

Also, Resident had no problem complaining harshly about another book and suggesting the author is a liar and in it for the money! Resident will fire-a-way! Does Resident attack Knapp's book? No!

Back