• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ryan Skinner - Skinwalker Ranch

DaveM

Paranormal Adept
I found this episode to be thoroughly frustrating. Skinner wouldn't or couldn't give any sources, so his stories ending up being just that... stories. The guest hosts were ill used. We didn't hear much from them until the end of the episode. I have mixed feelings when there are four hosts as such and then the guest. It ends up everyone talking over one another or people sitting on their hands and that sure happened enough times.

The bottom line ended up being I didn't feel I learned much more than I already knew. I also think that Skinner was shading the truth some. I think he has been on the Skinwalker Ranch property more than he is letting on. That is just my feeling as to how he answered some questions. Maybe it was the case of buy the book because I am not going to give much away.

Dave I just wanted to clarify one thing. We were listeners joining a listener roundtable. Gene sometimes invites listeners to join. We were not really hosts.

Just clarifying that.

I don't have a voice for radio or a face for t.v.

Dave I just wanted to clarify one thing. We were listeners joining a listener roundtable. Gene sometimes invites listeners to join. We were not really hosts.

Just clarifying that.
I don't have a voice for radio or a face for t.v.

I do understand. Nonetheless if you are asked to join in, you shouldn't have to wait long periods of time to join in the conversation.

I thought the show was just OK. Not great, but not bad, with minimal amounts of people accidentally talking over one another. It was nice to hear from Skinner again, even if he flubbed on my question from the Question Bank and didn't know what "Chip" had said on the Paracast earlier. I believe I've visited his website a few times a few years back and it was nice to hear he's still going strong.

I thought Gene and Chris did great, the listener roundtable wasn't particularly annoying and was more like Long John's old format, and yes, the guest wasn't very forthright about a number of things.

I agree that the listeners were not integrated very well, and that more than one person spoke at the same time on a couple of occasions.

I don't know why Ryan was so coy about crossing over into the Skinwalker property. It seems obvious that he has done so on more than one occasion.

When Skinner was asked about documents and his access to the Ranch he always deflected the question. My first thought was that someone at the Ranch was giving or selling him the documents and also giving him access onto the property. I was waiting for someone to ask him if that was the case but it never happened.

I spoke with Chip a few days ago, his boss was ex NSA, but their checks were signed by Bigelow. The company had a contract with the Department of Defense. I even have a copy of a NIDS/BAASS paystub as proof. Chip was confused, which in turn confused me regarding the NSA reference. His boss worked for the NSA, but the NSA was not the department responsible for the contract with Bigelow. Also prior to doing the interview I made it very clear I would not discuss any issues of legality involving naming witnesses, illegal activities, or anything that could be misconstrued as such. Chris understood and agreed but unfortunately Gene was not updated. I took a massive risk releasing this book because of what is inside. Under advise, I was instructed not to do interviews, however I consider Chris a friend and I would do whatever I could to support him and the show.

Every guest gets some criticism it seems. I have been following the Paracast for years and there has never been a guest or show were someone did not complain about it.

I just listened to the episode and I did not hear that much over talking. I don't know why some folks thought that.

Untitled-2.jpg

I thought it was a good show, in fact I bought the paperback of the book to take on a trip. Sounds like Ryan has some sources he would rather not give up and we can either take it or leave it. Ryan I have a question for you. After listening to the podcast you mentioned helicopters and SUVs coming out of nowhere. Do you think it is possible that there is a military base, possibly underground at this location? What better way to hide aircraft then to have it explained away as weird paranormal phenomena. Anyone seeing lights would automatically get tossed in to the woowoo ufo pile and discredited by the media. Just wondering if you have come across any roads/structures that seem out of place while exploring the area out there.

you know the stories I have gathered consistently point to that possibility. I myself have found ZERO evidence of a underground base or entrance anywhere around the ranch property, although there are two caves on the property. (where these helicopters and suv's would be emerging from). I should also have mentioned a neighbor to the ranch (Charles Wynn's step son) said he encountered military personnel on a HUMVEE with a mounted gun pointed at him when he crossed over the ranch property line. There are no SUVs (other than the guards rental vehicle and the caretakers pickup truck), there are no helicopters (I have gathered countless stories of a blacked out helicopter) and I have seen no entrance or hangers for HUMVEEs to be stored. My book goes into detail about a team of professional remote viewers that provided some insight on the ranch and some of these stories lend to an underground angle. I have personally witnessed a convoy of blacked out SUV's leaving the ranch (never saw them come in), I have also heard what sounds like machinery or even a train underground passing, even heard the rotating blades of a helicopter (or wings??) above my head but saw nothing there.

Its a strange place for sure!

Maybe it was the case of buy the book because I am not going to give much away.

Being that's what the man said, I would think so. Sheez. People gotta eat.

I enjoyed this episode because of the topic. Current investigations are far more interesting than 50 year-old cases that have raked over the coals until they are dessicated sand.

What did Chris mean by "triangulated video"? What is that?

Id like to clarify that the show was intended to have Ryan Skinner on for first hour only, with the following hour being the roundtable. Ryan was initially just going to be doing that hour but he agreed to stay on when Gene asked him.
I was a little late due to having to collect a work vehicle getting an oil change that overran somewhat!
Because Rygywa (Shane) was already plugged in so to speak, Gene let him in a little early and perhaps a couple of times Ryan Skinner understandably was unsure if a particular question was intended for him or there were questions that could apply to both Ryan and Chris, being that both have been there. But hopefully any small hiccups need not detract from an interesting show on possibly the most interesting paranormal case around.
If Ryan was reluctant to answer certain questions you can probably take that as being him protecting a source or his own ass - very understandably! The kindle version of Ryans book is less than £2 so really there is no excuse for not buying it to get some more answers.
I went on Amazon today and bought it but for some reason it hasn't download to my phone. Gonna have to chase up Amazon.

Apologies if anyone felt it was a bad show but I didn't and I was interested in revisiting a case I cannot let go of!

Yes, I was glad Ryan stuck around myself. I would like to revise what I said, that he was not "forthcoming." I think I should have said, "He knew more than he said," which is a compliment where I come from. Anyway, don't sweat it Ryan, it was a good interview and I hope you do more on the Paracast. The subject and location is fascinating and has had me hooked for years. I almost like the oral reports more than the books. For whatever reason I only read the first bit of Knapp's book and it started to annoy me, so I never went back to it. Stuff I think that was from Ryan's website, oral interviews on audio files, were much more informative imho than Knapp's book, although I heard both Ryan and Chris praise it on this episode.

Thanks again, Ryan, and don't sweat the small stuff, you did fine.

I thought it was a good show, yet I must confess I was flustered too by lack of sources, but I can live with it.

I thought it was a good show, yet I must confess I was flustered too by lack of sources, but I can live with it.
I admit it is somewhat of a take it or leave it perspective I have taken (and for good several good reasons that should be obvious to the reader). I believe even my critics have found book to stand on its own as valid. I wanted to share the information that I have been aware of for many many years, and thought now was the time to release it. However paramount was the necessity to protect all my sources (and to protect myself and my family). This isn't a book about theory, opinions, or a drawn out history lesson, it contains information not seen or available anywhere, information I have held onto for years without knowing how to safely release it. I don't mean to be cryptic, perhaps anyone who has purchased the book can chime in regards to its presumed authenticity of material (or even your honest critique if you don't like it).

Back