• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Paracast + membership gift...

It was inevitable, I suppose. Over the weekend I learned that an Internet pirate posted the premium version of The Paracast and our subscription-only podcast, After The Paracast, online. I sent out an email blast to both forum members and newsletter subscribers to alert them about this offensive behavior. I've already sent takedown requests to the services that are allowing this to happen (they normally don't check in advance).

People who post and/or download the shows without paying for them are no better than people who take merchandise from a store without paying. It's theft, and we'll do what's necessary to protect ourselves. We do deserve to be paid for the work we do.

I'm grateful, however, for the expressions of support to our email. After a discouraging weekend, I felt more optimistic. We've gotten new signups and I know some of you will watch out for the illegal versions of the show and alert us.

On a positiver note: There is a YouTube channel from Mystic Dave that does post the regular version of the show, with ads intact, free with our blessing. I'm grateful for his support and the fact that he's doing his level best to get the word out.

In case you're wondering, our terms for Paracast+ (posted at the Terms and Rules link) are pretty straightforward, similar to other premium podcast services:

Use of Intellectual Property in The Paracast+

The Paracast+ and all of its contents, including but not limited to articles, other text, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, video material, audio material, including musical compositions and sound recordings, software, Paracast+ logos, titles, characters, names, graphics and button icons (collectively “Intellectual Property”), are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws of the United States, as well as international conventions and the laws of other countries. The Intellectual Property is owned or controlled by The Publisher.

You may not, and you agree that you will not, reproduce, license, publish, enter into a database, display, modify, create derivative works from, transmit, post, distribute or perform publicly by any means, method, or process now known or later developed, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, use on another computer-related environment, transfer or sell any Intellectual Property, software or products obtained from or through The Paracast+, in whole or in part, without the express written permission of The Publisher.

I wanted to send this update. I just received a Facebook message from a person who put up the illegal content. He apologized, and asked if he could carry the regular version of the show, with ads, on his site, and promised a link to the "Plus" area. So let's see how it works out, but I'm happy to work with someone who is willing to play by the rules.

That's good news! Of course he should have asked first before posting the shows, but at least he's willing to atone and work w/ us. Most of the pirates out there would duck and run.

I may be the bleeding heart New York liberal when I say this, but I think most people (and you all know the exceptions) can be reformed if given the chance. The rest, as the Queen said in that famous fairy tale — off with their heads! :)

Oh and the person who pulled our premium content has, with our permission, posted the regular version of the show with ads, plus a link for people to sign up for Paracast+. I think we had a fair outcome here.

Please let us know if you find any other places where the premium version of our shows appears. We'll act on it right away, and I'm optimistic that we can get quick takedowns on most of it — when we find it.

Maybe I'm a little cynical but fessing up and apologizing after getting your hands caught in the cookie jar is a little disingenuous, unless the perp was a 5 year old.

Folks, yet another scheme is being pulled by one or more people online to sabotage our show and this forum. Here's a segment of a message I sent out today for those who want to see what's going on:

But it now appears someone is pulling a dirty trick on us, by complaining that a link to the site where we explain how to sign up to Paracast+ is a phishing page, an illegal page, which is absurd! It’s just a simple WordPress post that explains what the service is all about. But until the problem is fixed, you’ll may see a bogus warning that there’s a security problem with the site. There isn’t!

I have filed a request to Google via their Webmaster service, to have this erroneous message removed, but it will take a while for things to be corrected.

Meantime, if you’ve had trouble signing up with Paracast+, use this direct link instead. It works:

https://www.theparacast.com/introducing-the-paracast/

Back