• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Paracast + membership gift...

Goggs Mackay

Administrator
Staff member
A forum member has very kindly paid for 2 x year-long Paracast+ memberships to go to a couple of deserving forum participants. It was stipulated that one should go to a pensioner and one to a student.

The Paracast+ offers a higher quality ad-free version of the show, a chatroom and also the After the Paracast podcast. A Paracast Video Channel is coming too! We've been asked for years to offer an ad-free version and it's only $5 a month!

Constance is the lucky recipient of the first. Congratulations to Constance!

We would like suggestions for who should receive the second membership.
We probably don't have too many actual 'students' so we can be a little flexible with that definition but let's have a reasonably young person?

You can post suggestions here. I'd rather you not nominate yourselves so throw some names my way...:)

Let me amend that.

I'm feeling especially generous.

Let's give away two more annual Paracast+ memberships.

So the stakes are higher now.

If you've already signed up, we'll give you a membership extension if you win.

So tell us why you think you deserve consideration.

Everybody should take advantage of this generous offer because The Paracast Plus is great! The best paranormal/Ufo show hands down, no other program can compete. For anybody who is wondering about After The Paracast from a plus member, the content from Gene and Chris is excellent. It's really turning out to be a great addition to the show. It still boggles my mind that Gene has delivered a show every Sunday for over 8 years . Good luck to everybody!

I nominate @Heidi Lemmer . Don't think she's a student but she's admittedly a new student of Ufology, and comes by it with honest, opinionated and independent thought about the field. She's busy looking after her mom, I remember reading, which is a good reason to give her a reward for any free time she might get. I think she makes a good example of someone who is relatively new to the field and represents those generations that will drive the next phase of Ufology.

I nominate @Heidi Lemmer . Don't think she's a student but she's admittedly a new student of Ufology, and comes by it with honest, opinionated and independent thought about the field. She's busy looking after her mom, I remember reading, which is a good reason to give her a reward for any free time she might get. I think she makes a good example of someone who is relatively new to the field and represents those generations that will drive the next phase of Ufology.
How about anyone interested, stating their case for a Plus membership rather than being nominated for it.

Thanks for suggestions but we need more - c'mon people, we are talking free membership for a year! Ditch the ads so many complain about, listen to 'After the Paracast'...

What a lovely gesture, to the donor thank you.

I have plenty of time in credit, so i wont nominate myself.

You could choose most liked..... no i guess not
Most posts..... No not them either

The Paracast plus is worth having, so congrats in advance to the lucky recipients

And thanks again to the donor, (and Gene for matching the gifts)
thats a wonderful gesture

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone is going to petition for the membership then i don't see any reason why it needs to be done publically, have them send a message to the mods, any decision should be based on need first (financial) then merit (not necessarily number of posts or likes although they should be considered ) mods have good enough sense to determine who is justified to receive it based on contributions even if it's something they don't necessarily agree with pov-wise.

Perhaps there aren't many takers because they might feel like they have to state their case publically and feel embarrassed doing so. Having said that I do know a married forum couple with several kids that are probably strapped for cash from time to time. i don't know the status of either one but even if they are both fully paid up i say give the gift membership to them as both of them are otherwise fully qualified.

Last edited:
If someone is going to petition for the membership then i don't see any reason why it needs to be done publically, have them send a message to the mods, any decision should be based on need first (financial) then merit (not necessarily number of posts or likes although they should be considered ) mods have good enough sense to determine who is justified to receive it based on contributions even if it's something they don't necessarily agree with pov-wise.

Perhaps there aren't many takers because they might feel like they have to state their case publically and feel embarrassed doing so. Having said that I do know a married forum couple with several kids that are probably strapped for cash from time to time. i don't know the status of either one but even if they are both fully paid up i say give the gift membership to them as both of them are otherwise fully qualified.
Wade's thinking is sound re: financial need and the married couple with kids - big supporters of the show as well.

I agree. Btw, I didn't ask for this beneficence, but it was done unto me via an email from Gene, and I'm grateful to whomever is the benefactor if not him, and to himself if it was him. Many thanks.

Hi guys, I'd like to postulate, let's hope I'm not too late (sorry if my english it'a an abomination!)
I exchanged some messages with Gene a few months back with a little more details on my file (if that's is of any help, lol)
I'm a student of odontology (don't hate me! :cool: ), I live in Argentina and I didn't suscribe for Paracast+ before for a number of reasons, since a few years 1 dollar is not the same as 1 peso (local currency), now is 1 dollar=10 pesos (ten times) so everything imported costs 10 times more, so the Paracast+ means to me 10 times harder to pay than most of listeners :eek:
...not to mention that in odontology we work with A LOT of imported materials and instruments, so you get the picture.
Even if I could manage to use the money to afford Paracast+ I don't own a credit card (sorry if Im wrong about that) and I don't feel comfortable asking my family for it besides helping me with my career.
A few silly things I would like to add:

_I like to participate on the forums, sometimes adding funny stuff, sometimes giving my opinion on things.
_I always wanted to listen to that segment, I love Gene and Chris humor and helps me a little to relieve the stress of exams!
_I'm the creator of the next Paracast logo ¿?

jvnCprZ.png

(Just kidding, but I'd actually love the the logo I made to be used!)

Cya!!

BTW: let's keep it a secret....(I'm not Jean Luc Picard) :D

Last edited:
A good case you've made JeanLuc - you will be considered for sure. Now, about the starboard warp nacelle repairs....

Oh and by the way I for one really like your logo design, it reminds me of 1960's TV Sci-Fi show logos.

Back