• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

My experience- A series of odd occurrences

Free episodes:

Well the experience of your partner's memory loss is indicative of something you are both suffering from i.e. hallucinogens. The only other option that would see two people being tampered with is through some type of hypnosis program that includes total control of so many life features.

Do you see how the story itself has some impossible features? Who would have access to your phone, the fridge, the chickens, your partner's memory and your bad habits? Forget the guy who sold the chicken. What you are outlining has far greater implications.

The ENTIRE thing has impossible features. The FACTS are that I worked on the bedside table, not the desk. I bought a black and white chicken, not a black Maran. I bought a purple shirt, not a blue one. Between receipts, emails, Facebook posts, text messages, and photos stored on my phone and his... I accept that these things happened. The proof is there and it is overwhelming. The frightening part for me is that I don't remember them, and have different memories. I remember buying the black Maran, I remember the many many hours it took me, over weeks, to refinish that desk. This means that I have been delusional for months, and no one in my life noticed... or woke up one morning three weeks ago, delusional about past events.

And that's why I was suggesting hallucinogens, hypnosis, or even a brain trauma of some sort. The memory aberrations of your partner, if true (any other symptoms of his?), catapults your story into the ultra-highly bizarre. I am not aware of any existing memory disorders that match your circumstances. The mental health questions being asked suggest, as does your narrative, that a full psych assessment is needed sooner than later, though your complete description sounds more like a sci-fi story.

And that's why I was suggesting hallucinogens, hypnosis, or even a brain trauma of some sort. The memory aberrations of your partner, if true (any other symptoms of his?), catapults your story into the ultra-highly bizarre. I am not aware of any existing memory disorders that match your circumstances. The mental health questions being asked suggest, as does your narrative, that a full psych assessment is needed sooner than later, though your complete description sounds more like a sci-fi story.

Hallucinogenics are definitely out. I've never done drugs, and am now a breastfeeding mother...not something I would risk. He is military and wouldn't risk it either.

As for his headaches and fuzzy memory, I do not believe is related to my experience, though wanted to put the full picture out there. He does have a mild TBI which could account for his issues..but certainly not mine.

Ok, the TBI explains his memory gap, and that leaves your experiences, but what you are experiencing is just not making any sense at all. At least not in any practical, or pragmatic medical manner that I can think of. As a mom of a young babe you already have a lot to worry about, but sometimes we can help ourselves. Start with each memory aberration, starting with the most minor i.e. biting nails and try your best to find a possible explanation. For example, being a mom of a young babe , partner with TBI, might be a source of new stresses returning you to an unconscious, long forgotten teen habit? Then you could work on trying to explain the next complicated aberration, and so on, sharpening your deductive skills along the way. If this does not work then I think keeping dual sets of records of daily life, a personal one and a remote one kept with a trusted relative or friend, would be good to help boost some personal confidence, as would the above exercise. At the very least it should help expose what's going on.

What led you to explore this personal issue here on the forum?

Ok, the TBI explains his memory gap, and that leaves your experiences, but what you are experiencing is just not making any sense at all. At least not in any practical, or pragmatic medical manner that I can think of. As a mom of a young babe you already have a lot to worry about, but sometimes we can help ourselves. Start with each memory aberration, starting with the most minor i.e. biting nails and try your best to find a possible explanation. For example, being a mom of a young babe , partner with TBI, might be a source of new stresses returning you to an unconscious, long forgotten teen habit? Then you could work on trying to explain the next complicated aberration, and so on, sharpening your deductive skills along the way. If this does not work then I think keeping dual sets of records of daily life, a personal one and a remote one kept with a trusted relative or friend, would be good to help boost some personal confidence, as would the above exercise. At the very least it should help expose what's going on.

What led you to explore this personal issue here on the forum?

Waiting a month for a neurologist appointment to get any answers was killing me, so I turned to Google. I was Googling "false memories" and getting other information like "False Memory Syndrome" where people believe they've been molested by a parent, for example, when they haven't. That didn't feel right, since their memories are of traumatic events... so then I began Googling "false memories" along with other keywords, like "random occurences" "memory lapse" "time lapse" "forgotten memories" "does not exist" etc... and one of the search results was here, by TimeTraveler? I believe, who said she experienced a "time slip." It sounded like what I experienced, so I posted on that thread asking the difference between false memories and time slip.... Then StaggerLee suggested I create my own thread with my own experience. It wasn't until further Googling that I realized that a time slip is way, way, way not what I thought it was.

Well, being a new mom can takes it toll physically and mentally. Does not explain the false memory experience- but I find it a bit curious that these events occured soon after just having a child. I'm sure your doc went over this with you. I've known more than one woman who had a bit of a breakdown soon after having a baby. Nothing like what you are describing.

Hello, RachelB - I have read this thread with interest. I am a bit of an outlier on this chat site as I am an openly admitted occultist/esotericist. ;) Not a particularly popular pov to have - however, it gives me an often unique perspective.

From my stance on human development, our memories are related to our etheric body - also called the life body or energy body, which is the 'sheath' just one from the physical body. All the medical avenues you are following are solid steps to take and suggest both sincerity and genuine concern. Proceed with them - but also begin to explore other routes, like meditation. The answer to this personal puzzle lies in a personal exploration on profound levels. (I would recommend hypnosis though I am someone who is dubious of it's merits - yet it might bring something of interest forth).

Scrambled memories are not as uncommon as we think. Below is an example -

This would have occurred in the late 70's or early 80's. It took place in Arizona and was a news article. (I took special notice of it because of some memory issues taking place in my personal milieu). It seems there had been a murder with attendant unpleasantness that the police were attempting to solve - when one day a man entered the police station and confessed to the crime. The police took his admission seriously and he was placed in custody and thoroughly questioned. Of note was the man's absolute belief that he had done the crime and his vivid memories of having done the deed. More, the man was wracked with guilt and remorse - plus horror at what he had done. However, he hadn't done it. As the police questioned him - though they could not doubt either his belief or sincerity or personal horror and sense of guilt over it - it became clear that the man could not be the killer. In the end they released him and somehow the story made it's way into a news story.

What was also mentioned in the news article was that such things are not that unusual - though they are rare. Apparently, people do confess to crimes they did not commit yet which a person 'remembers' committing.

Luckily, your memory scramble is far more banal - though likely more unsettling because of that - but I am personally acquainted with a far more troublesome scramble that really unsettled a very stable person. I think these events are rarely discussed or pursued because of the fears that spring up around them - of being thought 'crazy'. I think - from what I have observed - the loss of security in one's identity is the most serious consequence of such a 'blip'.

The key lies in the nature of memory. The key lies in understanding - for me - the nature of the memory forces in the etheric life body. What would scramble 'electrical' impulses? What is the impact of electro-magnetic forces on the human being? There are so many questions. Have neighbors expressed any similar 'blips'?

Burnt's recommendation of a journal is a good one. This is what the person in my milieu began to do - though they had been keeping a journal when the scrambled events apparently took place. They were able to go into their old journals and find indirect evidence of the 'new' memories - however, in future, they wound up keeping more of a diary (as opposed to journal) wherein they kept track of who they met on a given day, etc. a la Pepys diary from centuries back.

In the end, view this as more an opportunity rather than an affliction. Maybe you take an objective tack and return to school and start science courses and become a researcher in memory. Or maybe you go a more subjective - though no less rigorous - route, and meditate and discover the root and stem of the memory forces for yourself. Whatever you do, don't dissolve into self-abnegation. As the poet said: "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Last edited:
and please....please.....please DON'T go confessing to crimes that you don't committ, unless you want an obstruction of justice charge leveled at you.

'would it be something to do with the prenatal vitamins...Maybe affecting you.. Are you pregnant..Maybe its a rare hormonal thing trigering memory. Or something in your house which is affecting both of you..like mould. mildue... on walls...gas leaking from heaters..hope you find an answer♡♡

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

This is indeed weird and I don't really know what to suggest except that I agree the medical angle must be looked at first.

Just for the sake of argument, if this is some kind of alternate-life path kind of thing, I don't know if you could even do anything to get yourself proof because if your recent history is being re-written, anything you tried to do by way of 'planting' flags for yourself to check later could not work because it would be like they are written-out of the story after being written in, if you understand me?

Please keep us informed of any developments.

My friend had a psychotic break after giving birth to her first child. She was moved to another hospital and recieved medication and recovered really well. She had never in her life before had any mental illness..hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

aye my first wife was like that molly.

her 'psychotic break' lasted 7 of the 8 years we were married, but once we got divorced, i recovered quickly :).

If it were me, I would go see a neurologist (if at all possible) or similar health care professional and get a through examination and testing, regardless of what I thought I might have proven or eliminated thus far. What you describe is certainly unsettling, and not to be taken lightly if it happening to you. Problems like this may be very difficult if not impossible to self-diagnose if there is an organic cause.

The medical aspect is always step one. More than likely you will check out fine and so can move on to sorting out whatever the universe is trying to tell you. It all sounds very unpleasant and I think some assurance that there is nothing organic going on might relieve some anxiety.

Back