• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Lake County Abduction vid

I own the full video. It's an amateurish, claptrap mess of a commercially produced film in the Blair Witch genre, and similarly a work of fiction presented as fact.
I guess you can label it a mockumentary, if you're feeling generous.
The Clip Brian has posted is a promotional excerpt from the straight to DVD release that floated around the net for a while. Don't waste your time looking for a copy. If you absolutely must have it, find a torrent to download.

Yes, please don't buy this hoax. Don't give the people involved any money please. Whole thing can be seen at YouTube.

Send your money to me, Silvia Brown instead.

Having only seen this video only yesterday (06/0708) I would like to give my opinion........ If I may be so bold ?

Obviously the acting was a little bit wanting but then it was a Movie that was made for Television so i can make an allowance for that but i found this Film clever regarding some of the devices used to move along the plot.

The use of the Red light was effective especialy when the Film reached it's conclusion and you saw the Kitchen doorway illuminated in that Alien Red glow it told you that time was at hand for the Film's remaining protagonists. This was a good device as it put the Viewer in that classical Hitchcokian position of knowing the fate of the Actors before they knew it themselves.

Another good thing that i liked was the use of the little Girl who sneakily unloaded the double barrel Shotgun, I didnt expect this and chuckled to myself at the cleverness of the Film's Director.

This Film was released one year before the "Blair Witch Project" and could possibly be somewhat influential in certain circles, it definatley showed us the effective use of the Handycam as a powerfull and effective low budget subGenre. I hope that M. Night Shyamalan paid a substantial royalty cheque as he definatley copied certain aspects from this Film (definatley the use of a little girl) or was it a Homage piece ?

I found it a little disapointing that when ever the Camera was pointed towards the Aliens it went out of focus but i guess they were working on a budget that didnt stretch to the purchase of realistic Costumes.

The real thing that i found astonishing about this Film was the $1.2 million dollar budget (The Actors must have cost Peanuts surely ?).

This Film is the second incarnation of a Film that got lost. I would dearly love to see the Original.
I would like to thank this Forum for bringing this Film to my attention as I had never heard of it before and found it very thought provoking indeed.

After watching this Film i was intrigued so i did a bit of Detective work and found this link whitch some of you might find interesting.
http://www.badmovieplanet.com/3btheater/a/alienabductionII.html

Back