• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Lake County Abduction vid

Aaron LeClair

Paranormal Maven
This is the show Stan mentioned that David wasn't aware of on the recent show. Use the link and don't embed please Gene, since the rest of the parts need you to visit the site.
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=lake+county+abduction&search_type=&aq=f

I watched it the first time it aired and was pissed. Dick Clark productions is involved. They are no better than hoaxers imo. In some areas they even bypassed the closing credits which give the actors names etc.

Hoaxers need to be shot, if they keep lying about their hoax.

This is one of them that irritates the hell out of me. 1997 was a banner year for the whole UFO Alien conspiracy thing. Lots of money made that year on hoaxes.

Can you really call it a "hoax" though? I mean as Stan mentioned, it has credits. It's even on IMDB for cryin' out loud. Okay so it doesn't actually say "dramatization: may not have happened" but keep in mind this was during the era of shows like Hard Copy.

Besides, ignoring the ludicrous stroyline for a moment, it was perfectly obvious to anyone who actually owned a camcorder back then (such as myself) that you'd never get that kind of image quality or have batteries last that long, espescially under those cirumstances. Just watch a rerun of Saget-era Americas funniest home videos if you've forgotten how horrible and grainy the picture quality was back then.

Hoax is a strong word. I certainly wouldn't put it on the level of say the Alien Autopsy.

Not all places aired the credits, not that that makes a difference to me. They only created credits because they had to by law.

I'm quite comfortable calling it a hoax, even though I said it was no better than a hoax. A hoax is something intended to deceive. This was obviously made in a way to have people think it could be real. But if you twist my arm, I'll call it a piece of shit from now on. I'm happy with that too.

But if you twist my arm, I'll call it a piece of shit from now on. I'm happy with that too.

You can call it both if you like. In retrospect it's kinda funny though, as it stars (and I use that term unbelievably loosely) several "actors" who are perpetual b-role types in everything else they've ever been in. Just below sidekick but just above extra, stuff that shows up in credits like "gruff cop #1". Sad really but if you're already in crap like "Lake County" I suppose you get what you deserve...

You can call it both if you like. In retrospect it's kinda funny though, as it stars (and I use that term unbelievably loosely) several "actors" who are perpetual b-role types in everything else they've ever been in. Just below sidekick but just above extra, stuff that shows up in credits like "gruff cop #1". Sad really but if you're already in crap like "Lake County" I suppose you get what you deserve...

I think only 2 were semi known. It's been awhile so not sure. The boy did some kids show around the time. I liked it (so to speak) when he (at least I think it was him) pissed his pants. Oh, then the cow mooing as it got zapped by a laser made me laugh and roll my eyes. They air it in Canada? UPN was the network that initially aired it.

To this day I still see posts on the internet from time to time asking whether or not that show is legit. Last one I read, the person said they saw it as a child and it gave them nightmares. Hell, an adult said it gave them nightmares too I once read.

Yeah, the real problem with this video isn't so much when it was made, but when it pops up on YouTube and people don't post the credits. It makes the rounds ever few years, and a new bunch of dupes get duped.

I was one thing, and turned into another. It was a film, and now it's a waste of decent peoples' time. I can see how at the time it might have served a purpose, but now it's just a "Man, I wish they had never made that" sort of deal.

They air it in Canada? UPN was the network that initially aired it.

My distinct recollection was seeing it on FOX. FOX also aired the aviary special back in the day as I recall. I could of course be wrong it was a really long time ago. For the record, roughly 70% of TV up here is American shows anyway (although since alot of them are filmed in Toronto and Vancouver, how you define "American shows" may vary ;)).

I can't get that video to play, Youtube says it's missing something. But no matter, I am pretty sure I remember the exact video. I don't remember the context of the time I saw it, so I don't remember if it was being passed off as something real.

Speaking of hoaxes, doesn't that Moseley guy from Saucer Smear justify using hoaxes? I know he and another guy on the paracast talked about hoaxes he used to pull in the past...and nothing was said to him.

I can't get that video to play, Youtube says it's missing something. But no matter, I am pretty sure I remember the exact video. I don't remember the context of the time I saw it, so I don't remember if it was being passed off as something real.

Speaking of hoaxes, doesn't that Moseley guy from Saucer Smear justify using hoaxes? I know he and another guy on the paracast talked about hoaxes he used to pull in the past...and nothing was said to him.

That's an old story. Back in the 50s and early 60s, Moseley and his pal, the late Gray Barker, pulled a few stunts "to keep the mystery alive" while on occasional drinking binges. That was long ago and far away, and Jim has owned up to what he did and moved on.

He'll be 77 in August. I don't think we need remind him of the follies of his misspent youth. :)

He'll be 77 in August. I don't think we need remind him of the follies of his misspent youth. :)

Moseley didn't bring up hoaxes in the interview, you did, Gene :p
I know you were just mentioning them to find out Roth's opinion. It was he who really justified them saying "I do respect the trickster spirit...including [Moseley's] hoaxes"
Then he went on about how hoaxes help people separate wheat from chaff. Personally I hate hoaxing of the paranormal. I am all for a good laugh but not a lie.

My distinct recollection was seeing it on FOX. FOX also aired the aviary special back in the day as I recall. I could of course be wrong it was a really long time ago. For the record, roughly 70% of TV up here is American shows anyway (although since alot of them are filmed in Toronto and Vancouver, how you define "American shows" may vary ;)).

Fox might have re-ran it. I'm 98 percent sure UPN was the initial one. I sent them in a nasty e-mail about the show, and boycotted them for awhile. May sound silly to some, but I was young and pissed and thought what I did mattered lol.

Yep. No longer works. Try here.

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=lake+county+abduction&search_type=&aq=f

I heard about the original, but don't think I've seen it. Where did you see it at?

It's embedded in my post above as a youtube video (though originally I just put in a URL).
I am pretty sure that this is what I saw way back when, instead of the long dramatization. It says it is the original, but this "original" was probably just a film school project or something

PS, I like the cartoon avatar you have now...but nothing will ever beat the picture you used to use of that guy pointing at the camera. Was that you by the way?:)

It's embedded in my post above as a youtube video (though originally I just put in a URL).
I am pretty sure that this is what I saw way back when, instead of the long dramatization. It says it is the original, but this "original" was probably just a film school project or something

PS, I like the cartoon avatar you have now...but nothing will ever beat the picture you used to use of that guy pointing at the camera. Was that you by the way?:)

Message 337? Looks like the Lake County show to me.

Yeah, I like my noob avatar. No, not me. I look worse see:
http://www.plentyoffish.com/member3049916.htm

I own the full video. It's an amateurish, claptrap mess of a commercially produced film in the Blair Witch genre, and similarly a work of fiction presented as fact.
I guess you can label it a mockumentary, if you're feeling generous.
The Clip Brian has posted is a promotional excerpt from the straight to DVD release that floated around the net for a while. Don't waste your time looking for a copy. If you absolutely must have it, find a torrent to download.

Back