• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

June 7, 2015 — Alejandro Rojas

It's actually leading somewhere for me. I'm relatively new to this and want rubbish like this picking apart. I'm truly interested in what they have to say. I sat there as a teenager reading crap after crap taking it in. This is the only show that helped me be sane again.

If people want Not the Roswell Slides to go away, or Michael Horn, Billy Meir (spelling?), the way to accomplish that is to stop engaging them.

It's like chronic stress. Thinking about it all of the time reinforces it, perpetuating the stress. You have to break the endless cycle by refusing to engage the stress. Then it goes away. Similarly, don't talk about the things in the UFO field that bother you. Talking about it gives it airtime, and perpetuates the conversation.

Easily said, I know. You cant stop everyone from talking about the things that we wish would go away, like Steven Greer.

My position sort of lies betwixt the position of the above two posters. Early on i inrealized my attachment to this field was more to do with the societal aspect and less than building a case for or against any particular cases which is why I don't engage too much in proving or disproving the slides or Maury Island or even Rendleshem , I'm more interested in the construct of the arguments, the extents people go through to validate them and how tightly they insist on holding on to them, or how willing they are to let them go, and maybe even more so the passions that rise when various people that don't share the same pov. this is also why I dropped that lame-ass spooky mulder moniker.

For the record the only subject in this field is go to the mat for are things that arguably are not paranormal in nature that is memes, thought contagion. synchronicity or even simple coincidences ( which i think have become marginalized and possibly too casually dismissed )

To those that are still on the fence about the validity...you know who you are...on the slides it's good that there are people who can put the nail in the coffin about the slides in the possibility of bringing closure but I'm kind of waiting for the troika of LMH, Mr. Maussan and Whitley to come up with an argument contradicting the post by Mr. Bragalia but until that time comes I'm becoming once again immersed into sleep and dream studies after having gone to see the Nightmare. While I won't argue that our unconscious sleeping state is responsible for all bedroom encounter experiences, over the years I have become somewhat adept at memorizing them and interacting with them and i think i can pick out some similarities between what I experience and what others have reported and i wonder about how deeply our sleeping state can carry over into what should be a waking state.

Last edited:
For the record the only subject in this field is go to the mat for are things that arguably are not paranormal in nature that is memes, thought contagion. synchronicity or even simple coincidences ( which i think have become marginalized and possibly too casually dismissed )
you're right about marginalization. But then these issues are very much concerned with language and our information & communication systems. It also speaks to the nature of representation, that we're so fond of. With so many mathematical variables at play there's bound to be some rhythm and patterning that should blow people's minds. Is there something being told to us or is it just the nature of things?
I'm becoming once again immersed into sleep and dream studies after having gone to see the Nightmare. While I won't argue that our unconscious sleeping state is responsible for all bedroom encounter experiences, over the years I have become somewhat adept at memorizing them and interacting with them and i think i can pick out some similarities between what I experience and what others have reported and i wonder about how deeply our sleeping state can carry over into what should be a waking state.
That slippery line between conscious & unconscious reality, which is obscured by our constant perceiving and processing of these sights and sounds is a real mess. It's a wonder that anything gets done. Are we though in fact a culture that is processing the weird zone of highly strange consciousness through discussions around some parts of paranormal phenomenon, how about the surrealism of capitalism and those genius mimes who lead politics? Are these in any way connected to ours and more universal information systems?

I bet once virtual reality goes mainstream this entire paranormal conversation, along with ufological studies, will abruptly change gears in a really interesting way. Reality shifts & drifts & synchronicities, all networked together will create whole new levels of thought contagions. Oh, the things we'll see then!
mermaid-hoax.jpg

Last edited:
Back