• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

June 7, 2015 — Alejandro Rojas

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
As always, our conversations with Open Minds' Alejandro Rojas are fun and very informative. We always enjoy his common sense approach to the subject.

In this episode, we discussed both Slidegate and its implications, and the possibilities surrounding some of the original UFO contactees from the 1950s and later.

First thing mentioned on the show: the garbage slides, can we just simple move on?
Annoying hoax and people still wasting time with that :(
Sorry if Im too harsh guys, but its listening to a broken record, and a broken record with an out of tune song.
Its boring, repetitive and leads to nowhere.

jiFfM.jpg

BY THE WAY GUYS, JOIN "THE PARACAST+" I LOVE IT!

Last edited:
The episode was lively and informative.

I think the slides can be discussed as long as there is still interest in them. As of now, that thread has finally died down. So I think it's over.

Alejandro investigated the slides case, and he's one of the few that met most of the players, and interviewed them personally. He also has a really pragmatic, realistic view on the situation. The slides are done, but Jaime Maussan & the Slides promoters who refuse to let it die by creating false controversy. I think everyone else is willing to let it go.

Alejandro has a positive outlook on the reality of the phenomenon, but realizes that all the junk cheapens it. He's a good guest, and I enjoyed hearing him being so candid on a number of topics.

Haven't had a chance to listen to the main episode but congrats to Mr.Mahooty.

The first bladder movement must have been so ;):) sweet.

This interview with Alejandro Rojas was excellent. It's also great to hear about Chris's connections at the Montezuma's Castle museum. I have a few questions from the interview that someone here might be able to answer.

Re the British security agency document published by Snowden, does anyone have a link to it or a suggestion on how I can find it?

Re the translation of the Chinese book on ufo research in that country, what is the name of the author and title?

Also, re the research of Andreas Mueller into ufo sightings over French and Belgian nuclear power plants (evidently ongoing), does anyone have a link to that research in English? Btw, I think this Andreas Mueller might be the same individual who conducted extensive crop circle research for many years in the UK and Germany.

Last edited:
I have to say, as an individual who clearly has too much time on his hands and has listened to every episode of The Paracast since its inception, I find Alejandro Rojas one of the most enjoyable guests you've had on the program. I believe I posted this request previously, after the first time you had him on, but he should definitely be a guest that returns on a regular basis. I enjoy his breadth of knowledge and his candid, no-holds-barred opinions on many of the characters in Ufology. He tells it like it is and calls bullshit where he sees it, just like Gene and Chris, and in some cases a lot more bluntly! It really is a perfect match for all concerned.

Referring to comments made on After The Paracast, I, too, was surprised that our genial hosts did not bring up the Marley Woods development for discussion with Alejandro. Thank you for addressing it on ATP though.

Yet another enjoyable show. Thank you for your efforts!

To listeners who are non-subscribers, it is worth your while (and your $5/month) to become a member of The Paracast+. No ads is glorious and the After The Paracast discussions are often as illuminating and interesting as the main program. I urge you to give it a try. Plus, it feels good to give a bit of support to acknowledge all of the hard work Gene and Chris put into the show. #MoneyTalksBullshitWalks

Thanks for listening. Marley Woods was on the agenda for the regular show. But we ran out of time.

I'll be talking with Alejandro later this week.

Gene, they were a good pair of shows, very sound. Now that the truth is out, Marley Woods for me is on the cusp of becoming a folkloric mini-Roswell (grab a t-shirt) or an area of serious scientific study, as with Chris's SLV project.

This interview with Alejandro Rojas was excellent. It's also great to hear about Chris's connections at the Montezuma's Castle museum. I have a few questions from the interview that someone here might be able to answer.

Re the British security agency document published by Snowden, does anyone have a link to it or a suggestion on how I can find it?

The Art of Deception: Training for a New Generation of Online Covert Operations - The Intercept

The pics in question start on page 35

Whilst listening to this episode I finally realised that Gene and Chris are the Statler & Waldorf of anomalous research and the Paracast is their balcony from which they heckle the sometimes shambolic performances this genre produces. I think the scene really needs this and you guys play the role very well.

It's also why I like Alejandro; hugely knowledgeable but also with a great sense of humour and willingness to laugh at some of the nonsense that gets put out there.

The update on the SLV camera project in the ATP podcast was great to hear, showing there's some constructive stuff happening too. Consider my appetite fully whetted and I can't wait for the project to be up and running.

That's a very focussed presentation that calls to mind a number of different features of the UFO phenomenon, both in how the phenomenon has been used by human agencies for their own branding purposes, as well as what the phenomenon appears to be in its overt displays to humans. Both sides of these "manipulators" appear to be seeding for purposes of conversion; sharing follows.

But of even more interest, in thinking about how the phenomenon presents itself there is a mirroring, accommodation and mimicry at work as well. In fact across the ages there is an accommodation of image presentation that appeals to the social and technological conventions of the time. One wonders just how intentional this is vs. what human internal processing is producing such effects, so that we can in turn identify objects as if they are mimicking something we are familiar with, or that we have a name for. Duensing would call this an action that resides somewhere between an invitation and a provocation.

Rojas found the right words on Slidegate. Blunt and honest.

@red_pill_junkie already provided us with his opinion on Maussan in regards to this matter, which I think makes perfect sense.

As far as I'm concered this fraud as been thoroughly exposed.

What's next?

aura-rhanes.jpg
Where have all the Contactees gone
That used to talk so Metaphysical?
Like William Blake we're just Dust, too Holy to Bathe.
Sun swept at Big Rock, a True Man emerges: The Rebirth of Pan.
From the forest pond I See her Hover,
Aura Rhanes glides on an Invisible Tightrope,
Her Magnetic Voice drops into my Dreams
Where we Speak in Other Tongues of Other Flesh.
For what god Provided, man Divided,
Metal Disc Mandelas vibrate a new Frequency.
These words I write for her are Parasites in
A Daemonic Valley, divine veined Corpus, Callosum
Her Secret Forked thoughts plunge Deeper into Mind.
If only she would take me up in her Shiny Ship for a Ride.

Last edited:
Hey guys great show! Thanks for answering my question. I had no problem with the slide gate discussion because the conversation has moved to a "what's going on with all of these people and the UFO field" phase. Anybody that has followed the UFO thing for the last few years have heard all these names mentioned on radio shows in and publications, certainly on Art Bell, and I think it's good to know these things. I think there are a lot of people like me who have been interested in the subject for a few years and are fascinated with the mystery of it all. all these "Slide Gate" "celebrities" out there have been capitalizing on that for years. It's just that simple.
I think there are people who are more interested in the mystery than they are in solving the mystery. We've all heard the term "dogs chasing cars" "what would it do if it caught one ?" I think that there are people out there that want to keep people feeding at the trough of curiosity.
The point that Gean, Chris and Alejandro brought up about third-party deception and suppression is a valid point. I am beginning to feel lately that they don't have to work very hard because the UFO "community" is doing their job for them. This is beginning to make me wonder really who can you trust , if anybody?
And then again it could be simple fact that there just isn't anything to cover up anymore. If it's some kind of military or governmental activity they will just keep doing what they're doing and let us wonder. If it's some type of alien or interdimensional existence they probably don't care and again, will just let us wonder. Or a combination of both times six and we will just continue wondering and listening to radio shows and read Internet stuff about it and nothing will ever be known or resolved? I'm so confused at this point I just don't know.
However... I still believe that whatever happened in the late 40s and early 50s was something different. I can't put my finger on it, but there was just something different about what was going THEN as opposed to NOW.

However... I still believe that whatever happened in the late 40s and early 50s was something different. I can't put my finger on it, but there was just something different about what was going THEN as opposed to NOW.
Absolutely: first dance, first kiss, first love, just like the first infatuation with an unknown phenomenon that appears to be visiting from outer space.

What happened in that era set precedent, broke new ground and established itself for the first time in the cultural psyche of North America. You can't really underestimate the impact of that introduction. What happened in the immediate decades that followed was an illicit affair with the mystery of the "off worlders". Mistrust, disinformation, denial, abductions and distrust followed.

Now we look back to that simpler era and remember with fondness the first contactees, like remembering your first crush, Aura Rhanes. But the affair is over; we've been around the block a few times and grown all doubtful about it, perhaps requiring a little more to be impressed. We know nothing that happens now will come even close to what it was like the first time.

Last edited:
Back