• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

June 28 2009... Nancy Talbot

Agreed. These people crack me up: they offer up fourth-hand hearsay as if it's proof ... and every time you ask for the most minimal of proof, or ask a basic question that any intelligent person might ask (such as why hasn't he filmed anything) you get the usual "he doesn't think like you or i do ... his father locks up the camera ... his father was a bank executive (as if that means the father is an honest man!) ... trust me, believe me, if you could see what i've seen, etc, etc, etc ... i don't have all the answers.

that's what i like about the paracast: they ask questions that most would ask, and they give these folks the rope by which these folks hang themselves.

Ok, she lost me. With that Robert guy. I am totally turned off. Don't buy a word of it.

and you are so right!, hi there... I'm a dutch and know a thing or two about this Robbert van den Broeke... he's a total FAKE! he's been on Duch TV a few years ago and totally discredited anything he said in his life by using internet to come up with his info.. sadly for him internet isn't always right (lol) and he actually Copy/pasted typo's from the original source on his own webside..

he claims to be a medium.. well he is NOT! and he's done that (fake stuf) a few times now... and it's mainly his dad behind it.. the banker..LOL!

nancy made me laugh talking about the white powder found in his circle.. saying it looked just like a fire extinguisher... yeah thats because it probably was a fire extinguisher!

A dutch team called skepsis has done the research on him here's an exsample of FAKE foto's he made of nons....(in dutch)

Trucfoto's van Robbert van den Broeke

here's the english link to skepsis;
Skepsis: Dutch Foundation of skeptics

have a nice day... no need to listen to the whole show now.. still am.. but really BLT has been officialy discredited.

Theres already a thread for this show BTW. Maybe Gene can merge them.

Thanks.. but I can't find it... there are a few (if not all) more things talbot claims I can discredit with ease but i'd really like to post them in the right thread.

Oooh that was a testy exchange :)
Even before the Robert business came up I was alarmed by her methodology: she seemed to be starting from a theory, looking for evidence that appears to fit that theory and then excluding everything that doesn't fit.
As for Robert, well, it sounds like a nascent cult to me. If there are any valid paranormal phenomena here we'll have no way of knowing, since the exercise of critical faculties is being firmly kept at bay. Any signal there might be will be lost in the noise of wishful thinking and sensationalism

So Robbert did not finish school .... well thats imposible, unlike america maybe but overhere in holland you MUST do 10 years of scholing... usually untill 16 years old and that has changed a few years back into untill 18 years of age (no matter how often you failed)... there is NO way he could have skipped school otherwise his father would have been in jail ;-) or atleast fined for a lot of money (50 euro per day he's not attending).

So that part is a lie... He doesn't speak decent english is another claim made.. another impossibility..

We (dutch) all do get english lessons (and frensh) at school from 12 years and up...at some schools even earlier. He should be able to read and write english.. atleast as bad as I can.

he doesn't do technology.. LOL.. he has a website... so he does. more then 80% of holland has internet at home... so even if he did't have a connection he could Wifi one from next door for all I know... this is another BS story that doesn't ad up if you're Dutch like me. check here:

Onderzoeken sociodemografische gegevens internet

Holland has 16 million people... 12 million connections... compared to belgium 10 million people 5 million connections...or germany 80million people 40 million connections.... so Holland is one of the worlds best connected countries. And he doesn't do technology... How does he then use public services like getting a passport or ID card.. we have what's called Dig.ID ours socials security number is Digital.. with out your digital Dig.ID you CAN'T get anything of the government no more. just a simple exsample of how he's talking BS.

He doesn't make money of his "gift" a book and lectures a TV show on a COMMERCIAL network (rtl4) isn't making money???? well no not anymore since he has been discredited and canceled in 2005 but before that... I'd say he did so it's BS. Also common practice of mediums is not to ask money but if you like to you can make a gift.... that's the samething.

Now I'm in advertising so know a thing or two about photoshop... I'm not gonna debunk his photo's I'll leave that to David but reading the facts I don't have to.... IT'S ALL BS!

Sadly it also means cropcircles are in this case BS to. I still have to see the first real proof of them being NON human in origine...

have a great day!

Rational Dutch guy reporting for duty :D

I'll break this whole thing down for you guys. I know the Dutch conspiracy community pretty well, not as a debunker but as a rational conspiracy guy that calls out the bullshit (that's a lot of work).

First about Biedny. Sure, the Dutch are pretty down to earth and rational but we got our fair share of insane people and we also have our own bible belt. Magnify this country as big as the USA and you'll jump behind your couch trembling in fear :D

I didn't know who she was talking about untill further into the show, i started to recognize this Robert character. There was this tv show on tv channel RTL5 about people that are into conspiracies and ufo's called "way of life".

This guy showed up in 1 episode, they filmed his parents, his little office and everything. This guy has some mental disability and i'm sure he's not lying, he truly believes it himself. His parents came across as very loving and didn't know what to do with their son, so they just let him do his thing. I guess you can compare it to something like down syndrom, you just let these people have their own reality and accept it, you can't change it. You also saw someone hand over a pile of cash, don't remember the amount but must have been 100/150 euro's for one session. Yeah, even here people buy into this crap.

This idea that the parents are very protective sounds like crap, a quick googlevideo search shows him on trash tv shows. I think Nancy used this as an excuse for Biedny his questions about film footage, the parents won't allow it :eek: I remember a conversation with 2 guys that run a well known rational conspiracy/political website (even won a Dutch bloggie award) that were asked to be interviewed for the same show. We all knew it would be the usual insanity show and they would be cut out, they ended up getting 2 minutes talking about political conspiracies. Just to show you how obvious this all is and my personal experience surrounding this stuff.

Nancy started out pretty well but came down crashing when this Robbert guy was discussed. You see a lot of these conspiracy/ufo people wave around these things like Dutch guy, German guy, professor, MIT guy, bank owner.... as if this sounds more credible than any random American/person, it sure sounds exotic ::) You can find crazy people anywhere, it's just a lot of hot air that proves nothing about quality.

Funny how they lock up the camera, like it's a gun??? She went all defensive when Biedny asked about some film footage showing these incredible events that he can predict!!! But as always they come crashing down as soon as you ask these very simple rational things, incredible stories but no proof. Biedny was the bad guy, spinning the whole thing around because it started to mess with her world view, the red alarm light of her subconscious started to blink. I don't think Nancy really knows she's lying because flying to the Netherlands costs a lot of money and time, she must truly believe it.

It's one thing to read this stuff on the internet and believe it, but actually to pay a lot of money.... But who knows what goes on in such a mind, i don't understand it.

I haven't looked into Robert his work but i also won't look for a leprechaun in my backyard, it's so obvious a pile of dung.

The Macx is right, he for sure went to school till age 18 or else you get the child protection agency at your front door, fines and then the cops.

He probably didn't learn anything useful and mentally handicapted people often end up doing silly jobs created for these people to have a day task. I would build a little office for my son to live out his fantasy world and to charge 150 euro for one session. If this makes his life more pleasent to live :)

Is it possible he got home-schooling?

As far as this Robert guy goes.... thanks to you Dutch guys for sharing that. I think you put this into perspective for a lot of us with no familiarity with the case.

With that said though, Im still interested in how some of those photos show what they show. Not the stupid new age orbs that Nancy was arguing about at the end - but those rings that actually cause a reflection in the camera optics.... that is just fricken weird. Maybe Nancy is gullible or too close to the case of whatever, but when she says there was nothing there I tend to believe her.

Why on earth was Nancy so defensive and testy? Were David and Gene's (perfectly reasonable) questions really that aggravating? And what about those photos of her dead brother's face? Are they on her website, or have I missed them?

It'd be a pity if something truly anomolous were happening to Robert as Nancy seems to have lost all impartiality when it comes to recording/investigating this case, IMO.
I feel like she's just got too damned close to her subject.

Anyway, as ever, thanks for the show, D&G.

Is it possible he got home-schooling?

As far as this Robert guy goes.... thanks to you Dutch guys for sharing that. I think you put this into perspective for a lot of us with no familiarity with the case.

With that said though, Im still interested in how some of those photos show what they show. Not the stupid new age orbs that Nancy was arguing about at the end - but those rings that actually cause a reflection in the camera optics.... that is just fricken weird. Maybe Nancy is gullible or too close to the case of whatever, but when she says there was nothing there I tend to believe her.

We got homescholing but his father has to ask the mayor for permission to do so.. so there should be a record of that. And home scholing has some standards so I'm not sure but english would be one of them i'm sure...Now his dad is a banker but didn't get his son to a university.. well that to me is not logic at all. All you need is either a brain or money to get there so it doesn't ad up at all.

I think that Nancy knows this is BS but she seems to think americans don't check facts when it's not in english.... those foto's are a hoax if you ensist and David doesn't mind I'd be happy to waste some time on them but without the original source foto's I ain't gonna touch those without my biosuit on. meaning.. I could fake those online jpeg easily anybody could..

The Macx is right, he for sure went to school till age 18 or else you get the child protection agency at your front door, fines and then the cops.

He probably didn't learn anything useful and mentally handicapted people often end up doing silly jobs created for these people to have a day task. I would build a little office for my son to live out his fantasy world and to charge 150 euro for one session. If this makes his life more pleasent to live :)

like I said you don't need a brain to get into university all you need is a banker daddy ;-) I kinda feel sad for robbert he's being used by his own father/family ... but hey we've got Jomanda.. maybe she can save him... LOL ;-)

It'd be a pity if something truly anomolous were happening to Robert

Oh man, if you only knew the insanity overhere :D You have this Dutch UFO guy/guru claiming he knows aliens living among regular people in regular neighbourhoods. This ex-MTV guy Adam Curry (you guys might know him, well known American/Dutch guy) took the offer to meet these aliens... He didn't really mention a lot afterwards but you could clearly understand it were just a bunch of insane people pretending to be aliens in human bodies with special messages of knowledge :eek:

This insanity is worldwide, trust me there's nothing going on with Robert his special gift. People who are truly interested in real answers have to be careful trying to be reasonable, to be nice. Sure there might be something going on but that's just because you can't disprove made up crap. Prove god doesn't excists, prove that the invisible leprechaun in my backyard doesn't excist. You reverse the burden of proof, that's crap science and intellectual bankruptcy.

If these people want to be taken serious, grab an HD camera and make a film. I'm not a fundamentalist sceptic but atleast have a story that makes sense. You can predict events but refuse to film the event with some lame excuse...

Atleast make up some believable story, how hard can it be ::) I guess that's why most of these people are insane, they cannot understand how rational people think.

We got homescholing but his father has to ask the mayor for permission to do so.. so there should be a record of that. And home scholing has some standards so I'm not sure but english would be one of them i'm sure...Now his dad is a banker but didn't get his son to a university.. well that to me is not logic at all. All you need is either a brain or money to get there so it doesn't ad up at all.

I think that Nancy knows this is BS but she seems to think americans don't check facts when it's not in english.... those foto's are a hoax if you ensist and David doesn't mind I'd be happy to waste some time on them but without the original source foto's I ain't gonna touch those without my biosuit on. meaning.. I could fake those online jpeg easily anybody could..

Sorry but the photos arent hoaxes.

Im not making any claims about whats going on, but the photos are not deliberate hoaxes. And no way Nancy is deliberately lying with the assumption that Americans wont fact check foreign language material.

Again, not making any claims about this Robert dude, but I think youre completely off base saying that Nancy is deliberately making shit up.

Well Macx i don't know how homeschooling works in the Netherlands but as far as i know that's pretty much impossible. Nothing like in the USA where not everything is state controlled. Only possible if you have some weird disease or something.

On average most Dutch people do speak decent English but a lot of people don't. The American/British culture has a big influence on our country, especially tv shows and such. It's not that weird for Robert to speak bad English, having deep spoken conversations can be pretty difficult.

Jomanda is great too, the Paracast can do a wacky Dutchy show because there's enough material :p It will boost up America's selfesteem because it often looks like all the craziness originates from the states.... but it's worse... it's growing all around the world.

Here you go Biedny, didn't see her in Amsterdam did you? :D Heal heal, ten thousands of people visited her, 10 euro for a group ceremony ticket.

Im not making any claims about whats going on, but the photos are not deliberate hoaxes. And no way Nancy is deliberately lying with the assumption that Americans wont fact check foreign language material.

Again, not making any claims about this Robert dude, but I think youre completely off base saying that Nancy is deliberately making shit up.

I never dig too deep so i do agree with you. Certain people have a belief and make a picture with flash in a dusty room.... they see (believe) orbs. I guess those aren't deliberate hoaxes just imaginations of an insane mind. You can explain a normal person why you get these orbs but an insane mind will reject the information.

But man, foreign information won't unmask you as quick as domestic information, that's for sure.

I'm checking the photo's on BLT, the light "phenomena". I'm not an expert with camera's but this looks like the long exposure function of the camera. You just wave around the camera or a light, you get this effect. An unsharp pictures is just what it is, an unsharp picture, no ghosts no nothing. That's real simple to achieve with a (slow) digital camera and a bad photographer, you should check my dad's holiday pictures. Like Nancy said, the guy isn't into technology so why do you expect good photo's ;)

But foreign information won't unmask you as quick as domestic information, that's for sure. Unless you try it on the Paracast...

How can you say/think that? all we've got are some pictures on a website... they where ïnspected "by some MIT guy" coming from a source that is total BS and only is promoted still by an american lady nobody overhere ever heard of without any credibility... so what? Making things up? clearly not she's the one posting the pictures.. now let us check them please.. funny how we always have to ask for proof from the people claiming they have a clue... they obviously don't.

what on earth make you think these are real? have you ever seen anything like that before from other people? there must be otherwise mr. van den Broeke is the only one capable to make these images? I find that VERY hard to belief.

So do americans fact check foreign stuff... that seems to be the real problem... like I said... It SEEMS that they don't.. just like WE in Holland never heard of miss Talbott and her amazing story. the problem is mutual my friend don't get all worked up about it ;-)

I'm in luck to be able to read and write a few languages but you know aswell as I do americans AND europeans in general don't look beyond their border.

NOTE; I said in general! not all.. but.....nevermind.

EDIT; isn't she the one writing a book about him.. so she does have a BIG motivator to lie doesn't she?

Well Macx i don't know how homeschooling works in the Netherlands but as far as i know that's pretty much impossible. Nothing like in the USA where not everything is state controlled. Only possible if you have some weird disease or something.

On average most Dutch people do speak decent English but a lot of people don't. The American/British culture has a big influence on our country, especially tv shows and such. It's not that weird for Robert to speak bad English, having deep spoken conversations can be pretty difficult.

Jomanda is great too, the Paracast can do a wacky Dutchy show because there's enough material :p It will boost up America's selfesteem because it often looks like all the craziness originates from the states.... but it's worse... it's growing all around the world.

Here you go Biedny, didn't see her in Amsterdam did you? :D Heal heal, ten thousands of people visited her, 10 euro for a group ceremony ticket.

Nice picture... got to love that witch!

anyway... Homescholing just check wiki ;-) and for crazy dutch people... well we might aswell start a Dutch version of the paracast right now to cover all of them LOL starting with Marcel Messing or how ever that idiot is called. that would be sooo funny to listen to.:D

edit; a typo

Back