• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

June 14, 2015 — Nick Redfern

Free versions of recent episodes:

With Nick as always a great show, however - guys, please we get it, you - much like the rest of us admire Nicks work, there's no need to go on and on blowing smoke up his ass, I wanted to hear more from Nick rather than you telling him how great he is.

Now - Nick, I know you're a Brummie living in Texas, but the founding fathers didn't create a great nation by finishing off saying to future generations 'if you can't be bothered screw you'! They said words to the effect of unburdening themselves from the shackles of any future oppressive form of government.

Otherwise keep up the good work, I did enjoy the show.

Serious depression isn't feeling blue or upset you have to go to work. Serious depression and anxiety is the struggle to operate on a "normal" level. It's a struggle to not kill yourself. It's a struggle to not participate in self-destructive behaviors. I do believe SSRIs to be destructive in many ways, but I would invite Nick to do some research on the subject of depression.

The discussion's implication was that people who seek treatment (which may include medication) are just weak, or reflective of today's degenerating society. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Otherwise, a solid show, and I too enjoyed the broader political commentary.
I think your post is much more articulate than my own. Thank you.

I like and love Nick and enjoy his rants, but the hardest man in UFOology always gets all his facts wrong, which just amazes me. Still, I love the visits to where the nick red fern grows now.

Enjoyed the show! Vary entrusting stuff. One thing Nick touched on about Roswell was the idea that a few other people have also postulated that the whole "Flying Disc" thing was connected with the idea of scaring people about "aliens" or "preparing" us for them. I reject that totally. Aliens were simply not the first thing on people's minds during 1947. It was only after ruling out any Earthly answer that the idea of aliens came into it as a whole. We simply weren't geared toward worrying about "little green men" in those days. Also, the average person wasn't worried about Russia in 1947 either. I get much more of the feeling that people were just interested in the discs, not freaked out so much. In time, things changed about all that but, I really believe that through the end of 47 most people weren't thinking invasion.

The discussion's implication was that people who seek treatment (which may include medication) are just weak, or reflective of today's degenerating society. Nothing could be further from the truth.

While I agree with much of what you posted about sufferers of very real clinical issues to even climb onto a "normal" plateau (whatever normal is) it is also very true that people in the US run to medications too quickly & seek the classifications of new clinical disorders in order to excuse bad behavior or other lacks in self discipline. Too many people in the US nowadays seek the easier way to deal with problems or just seek more excuses for them instead of actually working to fix them or change themselves.

As for the show. I try to not listen to any show featuring Nick Redfern but that is so difficult to do as he shows up everywhere. In the past, he struck me as the Paranormal's Lady Gaga: all over everything with nothing much to add to anything. For the first time in so many times, so many shows, I have felt compelled to look up his new book. Now whether I get past the sample stage? I don't know. But his appearance on this show got me closer to buying his book than I have ever gotten before.

NOTE: The USI website on the Socorro incident mentions Stanford's involvement in the case, as well as some other's including Hynek, and Quintanilla, along with the decoy insignias, and I made a comparison to the "Danger Rocket Motor" symbol used on rocket powered craft. Given the variables at the time, it is possible that Zamora didn't get the symbols quite right. He never got close enough to see the details in the danger symbols, and In his panic to get away from the launch he lost his glasses, and there was flying dust kicked up by what sounds like the description of a rocket motor.

Symbols Reported To Be On The Socorro Craft:

SocorroSymbols-01a.png

Danger Symbols Used on Military Craft:

upload_2015-9-29_12-47-6.png

BTW: Always enjoy Nick's Appearances :) .

Last edited:
Back