• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

June 14, 2015 — Nick Redfern

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Anytime Nick Redfern appears on The Paracast, you can depend on a wealth of incredible stories, all carefully research and presented in a clear, concise form. Can you take it all seriously? When it comes to conspiracy theories, all bets are off.

But this episode just ended too early. We had more questions to ask, and thus Nick agreed to spend extra time with us and record a segment for After The Paracast, which is available to subscribers of Paracast+:

Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

Guys I say this respectfully but you spent 40 minutes with Nick on Slidegate, which frankly must be boring everyone to death now right? And that is 40 minutes that Nick could have touched on some of the interesting things in his book that you ran out of time for.

Enough with Slidegate please.

Slidegate is nearly done but maussan is still wriggling, the way I see it is: Sometimes you have to clean out a wound before you stitch it up.
(otherwise you may sew up infectious material causing infection later down the line)

RE the show, really enjoyed this episode especially the part where Roswell and Balloons were discussed.
Best wishes,.

Listening to it now, very good so far. I, for one, welcome the talk about big-picture politics from Chris and Nick. I think you shouldn't be afraid to have more of this kind of discussion on the show. Not partisan stuff, just telling some of the facts that the MSM leave out, as the MSM is now completely divorced from reality. We're in the middle of some very strange times indeed, and the paranormal may have to ride along with bizarre political landscapes that are every bit as bizarre as any UFO case. Kudos for having the guts, guys.

Good show. I do get annoyed when people talk about "today's generation" just like people talked about previous generations... comic books are evil! TV will rot your brain!!!! Rock music is the devil!!!!! Ugh.

As nick was talking about the slides I couldn't help but think about how in the final days of Carson's and Letterman's late show gigs, the big hitters in the entertainment industry were stopping by giving the retiring hosts a bid adieu. Could this be it for the Roswell Slides ™®© ??

After seeing Gene's post about the June 28 show I have my answer BUT given the guest I suppose it's not only expected but warranted.

Last edited:
I always enjoy listening to Chris and to Nick ( and you too Gene) so it was a treat to hear you together.
However, while listening to their blanket commentary on antidepressants in American Culture, I was reminded of a questions posed by a listener to the radio show "Car Talk" made when the brothers ranted for 10 minutes about air brakes on freight trains...

"Do two people who do not know what they are talking about know even less than one person who does not what he is talking about??"

Good show. I do get annoyed when people talk about "today's generation" just like people talked about previous generations... comic books are evil! TV will rot your brain!!!! Rock music is the devil!!!!! Ugh.

Some comics are "evil".
TV is not good for you. (i.e fox news etc)
Some music is made in praise of the devil.
Nobody really knows what effect long term use of mobile/smartphones is yet.
The internet is used for all sorts of terrible things.
there are more "slaves" today than at any point in the past.
I could go on and on. but my point is today's generation have access to all the information they could ever want, yet they chose to ignore it.
I am not saying today's generation are any worse than previous ones, but how is it that they are not "better"? and at least in the past there was the excuse "I didn't know" because I did not have access to the information..........

As Diogenes said "The Foundation of Every State Is the Education of Its Youth" and "Why not whip the teacher when the pupil misbehaves?" In other words we all have a responsibility to criticise both the current and previous generation in the hope that the next lot do better than we are doing.

RE antidepressants in the US here is a Louis Theroux doc regarding the medication of children:

and pets???????????????

Last edited:
Some comics are "evil".
TV is not good for you. (i.e fox news etc)
Some music is made in praise of the devil.
Nobody really knows what effect long term use of mobile/smartphones is yet.
The internet is used for all sorts of terrible things.
there are more "slaves" today than at any point in the past.
I could go on and on. but my point is today's generation have access to all the information they could ever want, yet they chose to ignore it.
I am not saying today's generation are any worse than previous ones, but how is it that they are not "better"? and at least in the past there was the excuse "I didn't know" because I did not have access to the information..........

As Diogenes said "The Foundation of Every State Is the Education of Its Youth" and "Why not whip the teacher when the pupil misbehaves?" In other words we all have a responsibility to criticise both the current and previous generation in the hope that the next lot do better than we are doing.

RE antidepressants in the US here is a Louis Theroux doc regarding the medication of children:

and pets???????????????
Your post is very interesting. In addition to over medicating children there has also been an increase in "committing " or hospitalizing children for social disorders. When I watched the video you posted many of the wrong people looked like they were medicated.

Serious depression isn't feeling blue or upset you have to go to work. Serious depression and anxiety is the struggle to operate on a "normal" level. It's a struggle to not kill yourself. It's a struggle to not participate in self-destructive behaviors. I do believe SSRIs to be destructive in many ways, but I would invite Nick to do some research on the subject of depression.

The discussion's implication was that people who seek treatment (which may include medication) are just weak, or reflective of today's degenerating society. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Otherwise, a solid show, and I too enjoyed the broader political commentary.

Guys I say this respectfully but you spent 40 minutes with Nick on Slidegate, which frankly must be boring everyone to death now right? And that is 40 minutes that Nick could have touched on some of the interesting things in his book that you ran out of time for.

Enough with Slidegate please.

Gene and Chris always say things like "they who shall not be named." Can we add "the controversy which shall not be named" to the list?

Back