• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

January 11 - Angelia Joiner & Frank Warren / Stephenville Sighting

Although the ceremonies of Masonry (one-act plays, really) are 'secret,' the texts, by and large, are not and are readily available.

Last summer I had a rare chance to visit the Scottish Rite Temple in Galveston as part of an architecture tour. (This was pre-Ike; I don't know but judging from its location I suspect it didn't fare very well in the storm.) The Docents were all high-ranking Masons. I was struck by several things, their huge library and extraordinarily ornate meeting room among them, but by far the most impressive thing was the auditorium. They had exquisitely painted backdrops and curtains, a hemp rope rigging system, and a dimming system, beautifully maintained, from the 1920s. It's by far the oldest and best maintained period theatre I've ever seen. What do they use it for? Masonic rituals, which do, in fact, resemble one-act plays. I suspect the reason that the Masons are so secretive is that they don't want anyone to know that they are really just a community theater troupe! :) By the way, I did not see any books with titles like "Ten Steps To World Domination" or "The Menace of Christianity." All pretty normal literature and old-school self-help type stuff.

Back